2010-03-08 08:18:07

Hello. Is it possible to access the BIOS with JAWS? I'm trying to install Mac OS 10 on my pc to see how I like it. I need to access the BIOS to boot from a Mac OS DVD.
Any help would be appreciated.

2010-03-08 09:19:01

It's not possible to read the text from the Bios with Jaws. what motherboard do you have? There might be a key you have to hold down while booting up to enter the boot menu.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2010-03-08 10:24:09

Here's the explanation:
Jaws is a *windows* screen reader. It is a program that runs inside Windows. The bios is a miniature temporary operating system used to get the proper operating system running. When you're in the bios you're not in Windows nor is Windows even running, Windows itself hasn't even started yet. Since Windows isn't running it isn't possible to have Jaws running either.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Personally I wish there was an accessible solution to the BIOS settings, but it can't be a conventional screen reader.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-03-08 13:36:36

I see. I've heard that you can boot from a disk just by holding down the C key on the Mac. Windows doesn't have anything like that?
And another question. Would you also recommend me to try out linux? I'm just trying to get a feel for what else is out there in terms of opperating systems.

2010-03-08 15:31:10

yes, i recomend linux, its fast, no viruses, good accessibility suupport.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-03-08 22:19:38

Cool. I was thinking of putting yubuntu on another partition of my hard drive. And I'm guessing that if I burn the iso to a DVD, pop it in and reboot, it will boot straight from the DVD?

2010-03-09 02:53:37

www.vinux.org.uk

Modified version of Debian, previously Ubuntu, thata will boot straight from disc with accessibility enabled by default.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-03-09 20:12:01

never, dont instal ubuntu, its a crap, the vinux is da king.

f.a.t.h.e.r