2010-02-16 21:59:02

I just got a new laptop that's running on windows seven home edition.  I tried downloading a forty minute demo of jaws on my computer and it said that it wasn't compatible with my platform.  It was jaws ten.

Connor

2010-02-17 09:19:29

Jaws 11 should be, just check whether you're using 32 or 64 bit as well to be sure you get the right one.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-03-24 11:07:04

hey connor it's dan,
jaws 11 does work with windows 7, i'm using my grandma's laptop and it has 7, it's a little weird for me though, sometimes when I'm reading text in note pad, it stops reading and says blank for the line when there's text there,
does anyone have a solution?

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2010-03-24 20:33:36

Jaws 11 is working well on 7. The biggest problem I have at the moment is in the DOS window, not read correctly...

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2010-04-30 14:44:26

JAWS does not work for ANY 64-bit version of Windows 7, or 64-bit Vista for that matter, if your application is written in the Java programming language.

This is because no version of JAWS, including JAWS 11, works with the Java Access Bridge on a 64-bit Windows machine.

I've confirmed this with Freedom Scientific and Sun (now Oracle), the makers of Java.

Freedom Scientific support has told me that they have submitted a request that this limitation be fixed.

Personal investigations and notes on the Web indicate that it should be simple: most likely just pointing JAWS at the new 64-bit Windows systems directory to get the Java Access Bridge.

Of greater consequence than games, is the effects on workers who use JAWS.
If you rely on JAWS and the software you use at work is written in Java (which is still the number one language for applications development) and your office upgrades to a 64-bit Windows box, you are totally screwed.

John Bannick
Chief Technology Officer
7-128 Software

2011-03-16 17:32:21

Hi,
Why would you want JAWS 10? That's two years out od date.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-16 21:34:52

I  use a  desktop with xp but I  have a  laptop with windows 7  I  use Jaws 12 on that computer and I  have had no trouble.

Audio game king