2009-08-23 19:58:37

Hi guys!hello to the fello grryfindores and slimy slytherins,could any one help me?I want a chatting program like skype,but I can't use skype.If the program is not like skype it will be ok too.some thing with which I  could talk say chat.is there a messenger which is accesible.leaving msn.as I have tryed downloading it from its website.and it didn't work.
thanks in advance.grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2009-08-23 20:06:21

What screen reader are you using, and which version? You might find you need to download one of the older versions of MSN.

For Jaws 9 version 8.5 of MSN worked fine at least. After an failed upgrade to the new version I managed to uninstall the recent version, then found the install somewhere on the Microsoft site and used that. Should still be up there somewhere.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-08-24 02:03:04

Personally, I'm a skype fan myself, and have had no trouble with Hal at all, ---- both before and after they released the maps.

Btw, how dare! you forget about my house, ----- the all knowing Ravenclaw! the true rulers of Hogwarts, ---- ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-08-24 11:07:08

Hi,I'm using jaws10.0,and there wasn't the old virsion of msn on the site.

-----------------------------------------and Hi to the no it all!

Follow me on twitter

2009-08-24 15:25:27

You have to search the MS site, it doesn't offer you it immediately. I found it almost immediately at this link

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-08-24 18:05:15

Don't install skype 4 ! Try to find skype 3.8 if you want to install skype.... the 4.0 is not as accessible as 3.8.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-08-24 18:59:20

True, but there are scripts for the 4.1. They're working on it I gather, I found an article when I searched the skype site for the word "accessibility".

cx2
-----

2009-08-25 05:38:27

Hi guys!
I was using skype-4. some thing,and it works fine.but my most of the friends don't like skype.I'll scearch the old virsion.
thanks,will tell you guys how it gos.

Follow me on twitter

2009-08-25 09:45:39

I'm stil using skype 3 because I couldn't be bothered to update, --- ;D, though I believe Hal v eleven works fine with 4 as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-08-25 14:46:56 (edited by aaron 2009-08-25 14:47:51)

The site you need for all your old version troubles to be whiped away is:
www.oldversion.com
amazing site, they even have skype 1.0 up there! and msn! and skype betas, msn betas, and right up to the version prire to the current. So you can still get skype 3.8, msn 8.5, etc.

2009-08-25 15:31:19

Personally I prefer getting MSN from microsoft themself, just for safety's sake.

Skype 4.X Jaws scripts page

cx2
-----

2009-08-26 02:20:25

another good site for downloading old programs is
http://www.filehippo.com
they have windows live messenger 8.5 as well.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-08-26 16:57:38

Hi guys!thanks for your help,I've downloaded msn 8bita,but I'm not able to run it.when ever I try to run it,I get a masige saying,you have a old virsion of msn download the new one.some thing along this lines.
can any one help me?
grryf

Follow me on twitter

2009-08-26 17:45:11

The 8.5 version I linked to worked fine for me, but you have to make sure you uninstall the version you currently have installed.

It still keeps asking me if I want to install the new version, but if you ignore the "install alert" box it just goes away. A nuisance, but it can't be helped sadly.

cx2
-----