2009-08-17 15:45:30

JFW 10.0 is cool! Well, all versions of jaws are cool! And I like the eloquence screen reader! 'Cause It's REALLY FAST!!!!!!!!!!!! And it can say hmm, and everything else says h m m. Hmm hmm hmm hmmHmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm "hmm hmm" hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm, (that kinda sounds like he's laughing, eh?)! Anyone with me?

I like to sleep.

2009-08-17 16:24:38

Eloquence is a synthesiser.

Jaws is my preferred screen reader, though I use NVDA as a backup when things go funny... and sooner or later every piece of software in existence goes funny. I wouldn't say it's better than any other though, it is just better for me.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-08-17 19:40:25

Playing with eloquance is not really new. I already did it when using JFW 4.01, and it work always as before...

Select an english voice (with Ctrl+Windows+L if not yet selected) and let read the following lines ... have fun !
arhrhhrhrhrhrhrhrhhrhrhrhrhrhrhhrhrhrrhhr
arhwhrwhrhwhrwhrhwhrhwhrwhrhwhrwhrhwhrwhrhwr
awrlrlwlrwlrlwlrwlrlwwlrlwlrwlrlwrllwrlwlr
awhhwhwhwhwhhwhwhwhhwhwhwhwhwh
awhwhhwhwhwhwhhwhwhwhwhwhhwhwhw?
ashrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshrshr
aschwshwshwshwshwshwshwshwshwshwshwshwshwsh
ashrwlshrwlshrwlshrwlshrwlshrwlshrwlshrwlshrwlshrwl

I also use NVDA as a fallback when I have to work on a computer without jaws. Allthough it is possible to have eloquance voice with NVDA, the jaws cursor miss me a lot.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-08-17 20:36:57

Yes, Eloquence works as is in older versions. Respect to voice features, JAWS 10 have Voice Profiles and the capability of install Realspeak Solo Direct voices, but no more.
Greetings!

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-08-18 13:58:48

Hey, what's nvdA?
AWWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWWWHWHWHWHWHHHWHWHHHHHWWWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWH AWWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWWWHWHWHWHWHHHWHWHHHHHWWWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWHWH?
Also, playing with the braille n speak is fun. If you put like 3 question marks after a sentence it will like scream out the last word! 2bad u can't do that with eloquence!

I like to sleep.

2009-08-18 16:29:08

www.nvda-project.org

A pretty good, free and open source screen reader project. They've had reasonably sized funding from both Mozilla and Microsoft in recent times. They obviously aren't quite JFW, but they are doing a really good job all things considered.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.