2009-07-15 01:46:48

Hi there, I want to play GMA Tank Commander, but when I open the game, it always say: corrupted game, and then close the game, it also happened when I want to play sarrah and castle of witch craft and wizardry. Does anybody know why?

2009-07-15 02:32:21

Hello again.

Sinse both games use the gma game engine, it's probably the same problem. Which version of windows are you running? I believe both work with vista, but apparently to make several audiogames (including the gma ones), run with vista you need to download certain audio components first, ---- most of which are actually contained in the winkit setup file for Jim Kitchin's games found on http://www.kitchensinc.net/

If your running vista I'd suggest trying the winkit setup file first (even if you don't want to play any of jim's games you can just uninstall it afterwards which will leave the audio components there).

If your not running vista, I'm not certain what could be wrong, though sinse I don't believe windows 7 comes with the aappropriate audio components you might try jim Kitchin's file.

Other than thatI'm afraid I've got no more suggestions, ---- perhaps if you said a litle more about your setup?

If worst comes to worst, Gma games are pretty good about answering support E-mails, ---- I recently had a regular wing ding with them over Vip mud which i'm pleased to say is now fixed.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-07-15 06:02:57

hi!
Do you have microsofts direct x? instaled on your pc?.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2009-07-16 14:02:28

Thanks for you all, but I am using windows XP, and I have already installed the microsoft DirectX-June-2008, so I think it may be other reason.

2009-07-16 16:08:37

Hmm, very curious indeed.

Try uninstalling all of the games, redownloading just one of them and then trying to reinstall it again. This would eliminate a badly downloaded installer, though this would be an unusual event if it was the culprit.

Other than that I agree with Dark, contact David Greenwood if this fails.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-07-26 23:07:52

This has never happened to me, neither on XP and vista. So, I think it must be a download error or an installation error or something like that.

What you're looking at is subhuman. It's not normal. Focus on yourself.

2009-07-26 23:45:58

We can't rule out something running in the background having a software conflict. Best to not worry about that until you have tried ruling out as much else as you can though.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-07-27 12:52:46

Hi, Thanks for all of you. I have sent the mail to GMA but not response yet. Also my friends they tryed to install these games and all failed, it always show: corrupted game.dm file, so I guess that may be because we all use Chinese XP system. But very interesting thing is we can play other audio games without any problem!

2009-07-27 17:10:29

It might be a while, David Greenwood of Gma games did take a day or two to respond to me over the Vip mud issue (I would guess he's quite a busy fellow).

I've also posted a message to the audeasy mailing list, sinse there are many game developers (including phil Vlasac who created the Sarah game), there who might be able to help, ---- and for obvious reasons should deffinately know if there's a problem playing games on Chinese xp computers.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-07-27 20:22:27

That is indeed a possibility. I wonder if it's specifically Chinese XP, or just machines in general that use a non-latin character set. That would be more worrying.

Also wonder if it might be ISP filters interfering given China is involved, though I'd rule out everything else first. Not sure why they would, but you never know.

cx2
-----

2009-07-29 00:26:53

Well I've got several responses on the audeasy miling list including this one from Phil Vlasac of pcs games:

Hi Folks,
Here are the steps to get L-works games to work on foreign computers.
They might help in running PCS and GMA games that use the GMA game engine.
People in certain countries may have a problem with Streemway telling them
that the product isn't licensed.  This error is caused by non-unicode
characters.  Here's the best way to solve this problem.
go to control panel
choose regional settings
then choose the advanced tab.
in the language for nonunicode programs, choose english united states.
then click ok.

Hth.