2009-07-09 03:33:04

Just found the forum has a list of new posts, or at leaast topics with new posts. If you use the "New" link at the top of the page, which is fairly ambiguous what it does until you try it I know, you get a list of topics with new posts in along with which part of the forum they're in.

As a mod it's certainly handy, it's quite easy to miss posts in the less frequently used sections such as the mod suggestion area. It also means if I'm having to work through a big reply or a lot of posts I don't have the worry that by the time I get to the next section the board has decided the new posts aren't new any more, which has happened to me a couple of times.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-07-09 09:52:53

you only just discovered this? i knew this since the forum began! that link's been there for ages. and, what's more, there's an even better link, entitled show new posts since last visit, doing the identicle thing.

2009-07-10 10:39:17

Yeah, I hadn't explored much. Feel sort of silly now.

Still it's very convenient for my regular scans through to see what's going on.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.