2009-06-30 20:43:40

No, it's not a roleplaying system, --- it's a roleplaying game! in fact, it's two role playing games! ---- no even more than that, it's three of them!

First off, the Chronicles of Arborell gamebook site have launched their new text edition of the torchlight tabletop game. This is an expantion upon the general gamebook principle, using paragraphs of text, random number tables and an entirely new xl page map system to create a randomly generating dungeon full of traps, treasure and danger!

the only bad news to report is that some nutter called Dark was apparently involved in beta testing this, ---- but don't let that put you off, it's a fantastic game. You can read more about it onthe newly updated Chronicles game index page or go directly to The Chronicles website found here to begin.

further dungeonus things can be found in the newly updated version of Entombed, see index Featuring quite a bit of bug squashing pluss hopefully fewer deaths in the jaws of those cute litle puppy dogs known as dire wolves. Not all bugs have been squashed, but hopefully this should improve matters, ---- and if you haven't tried any of the alpha 9 versions ofthe gae yet, --- what're you waiting for!

Finally, it's not just dungeons tombs and other dark smelly underground places where you can find monsters, ---- nor are all monsters evil.

Witness the new online monster breeder rpg game, ---- another find by Bladestorm. Here, the evil monsters even do your bidding as you encourage them to work, wander the huge world map challenging other creatures to fights, engage in quests, home improvement or even batle other players. This is a very balanced game with many things to do, ---- and a very enthusiastic developer who's adding both access improvements and more features to the game continually. Check out Monster breder's shiny new game index page or jump streight to the game's own website found here and get playing!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-06-30 20:58:01

Appologies for the double post, but as far as monster breeder goes, if people are playing the game, (which I would deffinately recommend), it'd be nice if people could use This link here to access it.

not that it matters, but it's my referral link, so if you sign up with that link and get to level 4, I'll get some extra xp in the game.

i'm Ekitrina in game if anyone wants to look me up.

I didn't feel it was fair to use my personal referral link either on the game index page of audiogames.net or in this news post, ---- but I'll stick it here so people can have the choice of helping me out should they wish to play the game, ---- which, as you might guess from the fact that I've been playing it far enough as to care about getting xp from a referral link in the first place, I would recommend sinse it's a good, and extremely well balanced game.

Mind you, as you'll guess from the fact that I beta tested it, --- i'd also highly recommend the torchlight game from the Chronicles, ----- and indeed entombed! too many good games, not enough time! ---- lol!

Eddit: One more thing. If Anyone wants to chat about rp games, gamebooks, and especially the Chronicles of Arborell, the Arborell forum found here is the place to do it.

Unfortunately, it's got one of those image capture thingies for setting up an account, but the Arborell Gm is quite prepared to set up forum accounts for people if they just let him know via E-mail what username and password they'd like.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-07-01 23:55:40

Great! Another chance to be entombed. by the way, just go over here to get a record of me entombed. I know the sound isn't as good as it could be, but I just wanted to devote all the power of my computer to playing this game, so I used the DS30. OK the recording only goes as far as the second level and I thought that this might be a good chance for others to get a taste on how good this game is without having to worry about installing dot net and XMA. I'm going to have to try out the other games. maybe they will be as good as entombed is looking to become. Let's see, wich one should I try next?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-07-02 01:32:13

hi dark,
i tried to download the torch light game (the second option, that says that's for who uses
screen readers, but i get a 404 not found error.
if you have the direct link, i'll really like to play it!
thanks for these awesome news.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-07-02 10:33:32

The above link points to the chronicles website, ---- and seems to be working fine now, ---- possibly just a glitch?

I'd deffinately advise going there directly, --- sinse even the website is really nicely written, --- pluss there is loads of background material and other gamebooks available on there.

However, if you just want to get started on torchlight, here's the direct download link

Hth.

2009-07-03 11:23:32

cw,

Thanks for recording that game. I cringe at some of minor bugs I heard during that recording, but I'll fix them. Multi-shot is devastating, I need to revise how awesome that skill is. I hope to have another small bugfix completed this weekend and then some major additions starting from then on.

Thanks for helping spread the word! I'll continue improving the game.

Jason

2009-07-03 14:19:52

OK. I have another recording I made yesterday that I'm planning on uploading if you think it's needed. this recording will be me playing level three. maybe I'll put them in a zip. this reminds me, I need to go try out the other site here. I been to busy Entombed.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-07-03 20:45:27

Not exactly news-worthy, but hey:
A question specifically for anyone who's played MonBre. How in blue heck do you raise a monster's stats with srp? If I go to the appropriate page and try clicking "raise stamina" or whatnot, it doesn't actually go up! I'm running an old version of Jaws, thought that might be the problem, then went and tried it with Jaws 10, and it doesn't even show there! What...the...heck?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2009-07-04 02:48:19

There are two raise stat pages, one on each individual monster's page which you can also get to in the training center, and one you get during exploration.

The exploration page for raising srp I've never managed to get to work with hal either, ---- and someone on Audeasy also said she couldn't work that one with jaws, however the other page seems absolutely fine.

So to raise your monster's stats, either go to the house and bring up the monster's stat page then look at each monster individually, or just go to the training center and use the "raise srp" link.

(srp stands for stat raise points).

Hth.

Oh btw, part of the reason the news reports are indeed forum threads is so people can reply and ask questions or make comments, ---- so it's absolutely fine asking that here. It'd only need to be news worthy if you were a mod and starting a topic here which would appear on the front of the site.

2009-07-04 08:19:17

Nope. I use the correct page - the one from the house - and for some reason it just doesn't activate. Are you using IE or Firefox? Does that matter? It shouldn't...but I can't think of any other explanation.

2009-07-04 13:49:55

I'm using Ie, ---- actually stil ie 7.

Interestingly enough the other page on the explore screen also seems to be working now.

Unfortunately though, the game seems to have gone down this morning annoyingly, --- so i can't particularly check anything at the moment which is irritating.

Eddit: the game's back up and running now and I've checked both srp pages, ---- the one you get while exploring and the one in the trainging center.

Both apparently work, ---- at least they do with hal and Ie 7.

2009-07-04 18:57:12

Well I've tried Jaws 4 and Jaws 10 and they don't click properly. You hit them, it sounds like the link is refreshing (there's a sound), but the srp stays exactly the same. *growl* In any case, it really kind of puts a damper on the game when I can't buff  up my pet.

2009-07-04 20:37:01

Tomorrow I'll should be back to where I could test out some of the problems some are having with that online game talked about here. anyway, here is me playing level 1 threw 3 of entombed. It's a good game.

DropBox Referral

2009-07-05 01:42:11

Hmmm Jayde, the spend srp links aren't in fact links, they're buttons.

Does Jaws have any differences clicking on buttons?

I know people are playing the game with jaws on audeasy, ----- in fact as I said it was bladestorm who first put me onto the game (and he uses Jaws). Have you tried another brouser? I've certainly found occasions where sometimes Ie and sometimes firefox are better at specific things, --- particularly when it comes to buttons.

I am sure this issue is fixable. Let me know if it's not resolved and I can ask on the Audeasy list, ---- where there are several people (including bladestorm), who play the game with jaws and might be able to shed light on this one.

2009-07-05 02:46:07

Shouldn't make a difference, though you can always try numpad / instead. Sometimes the way the page is written can make it not work with enter or space.

If you're using Firefox with WebVisum try disabling it, I've found it a complete beggar for screwing up pages which use javascript and the like to the point where I gave up on using it completely. The only good thing about it was the captia OCR, which didn't work on a couple sites I wanted to use it with annoyingly, and it just wasn't worth it just for that given how infrequently it did come in handy.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-07-05 06:44:13

hi
the space key works perfectly with srp in the game

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2009-07-07 23:29:29

This has got to be an IE thing. No matter which version of Jaws I run, it doesn't matter. Space bar, enter key, left mouse button (num-pad equivalent I mean)...nope, doesn't  work.
It's rather annoying, quite honestly. Worse yet, for me at least: Firefox won't bloody load the page. If I try to log in with Firefox, it won't let me in!

2009-07-07 23:49:09

Hmmm most odd.

I'll try it with firefox myself and see what happens, though it wouldn't surprise me if this is just one of those occasions where firefox doesn't work.

As I said, more often than not I find Ie more useful, and these days I only use firefox for things Ie can't do, ----- like spending point pool points in the game warriors 2 (which behaves in Ie very much th way you describe the spend srp links behaving).

I'm hoping when Hal eleven arrives and I upgrade to Ie 8 this problem will be ironed out.

2009-07-08 06:25:10

Jayde wrote:

This has got to be an IE thing. No matter which version of Jaws I run, it doesn't matter. Space bar, enter key, left mouse button (num-pad equivalent I mean)...nope, doesn't  work.
It's rather annoying, quite honestly. Worse yet, for me at least: Firefox won't bloody load the page. If I try to log in with Firefox, it won't let me in!

hi, i'm using jaws 10.0 and i have know probs with the game.
there is a accessibility option in the game which you can turn on or off.but the thing is i don't rem the place where it was.
i think it was in pref or some thing.
try and you will find it
its realy a good game!

and warriors2 works fine,even that point thing.
as i'm not a hal user I can't say anything about it. but it works fine with jaws.

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-08 06:28:38

sorry for the dub post.
i'm using ie 5 i think.but as i have know prob with it,i wont upgrade.

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-08 10:40:28

Maybe that is precisely the problem, sinse i'm using Ie 7. never mind, hopefully it will work.

Btw gryfk, How are you getting on with the dungeons in warriors 2? I'm trying to get the gm to add coordinates to the game to make getting around them easier, sinse personally I always end up getting really, really lost in every dungeon I try, sinse the graphical map is not accessible, ---- and I don't believe I've ever actually finished one yet.

2009-07-08 15:00:17

hi guys

about warriors2,same here
but a good tip for those guys who haven't started playing the game,don't pay for it.at first when i started playing,I liked it very much.the most thing I liked about it was going to adventures and all.
i don't say that its bad,but its not good either.
try it for 20 days,and if you like it and think that its wourth paying,go for it.
because i'm realy board playing it.
the same adventures again an again were like,hel.

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-08 16:14:09

As I said, I'm trying to get the gm to fix the dungeon problem. That way it'll be possible to progress in the game, complete dungeon quests and get runes, and thus hopefully get to see lots of new adventures and new areas, pluss the dungeons might be fun themselves if they can be made reasonably accessible and thus provide more variety to the game.

I did have the same thought as you Gryf, great at first when you haven't explored the game, ---- but tailing off rather when your character is on the second lap round.
One thing I do think is good though, is if you've payed for time on the game, you'll stil accumulate turns even if your not playing, which you can go back and use later on, ----- unlike in Kingdom of loathing where running out of turns is a really serious flaw in the game imho, and your character can't have more than 200 built up (and KoL has never really interested me enough to go back and play day after day).

So even if you pay for the game and stop playing warriors 2, you can leave it for a few weeks and then go back to find lots of turns, ---- and find the game more fun.

This is what I'm doing at the moment, and apart from the dungeon issue it's proving fun.

2009-07-09 22:36:37

Just a quick note for those who tried helping me before in the monster breeder game aforementioned...I've found visual aid mode, felt like an idiot because I somehow missed it before, and though the maps are HUGE!, I'm liking the game quite a bit. Heh, I've got a monster near to level 200 doing the Mokavi quest at this particular moment, having gotten two god-marks already. It's good fun, and I love the accessibility features. Thanks to all those who bore through my idiocy. Heh.