2009-06-17 01:43:14

Wooo nelly! we have another newsalanche on the horizon, ----- and this one is a biggy! So before we all get completely buried in a mass of christalized game related items, I'd probably better get out my best posting shovel and start digging fast!

first off, that Hammer is actually a prize specimin, none other than the second anual Windhammer prize for gamebook fiction run by The Chronicles of Arborell, see index This is a competition for 100 section ameter gamebook fiction, and is open to all entrants. the winner will get hosting on the Chronicles site, pluss a cash prize. All terms and conditions can be found on The Chronicles main site

Further developements from the Chronicles themselves and more adventures in the ancient world of Arborell, are deffinately shortly on the way.

Next up, the Motors of course refer to Tom Wards continuing efforts to get us all lost in dark, trap wridden ruins. Tomb hunterhas recieved another set of updates, including cleverer monsters, a new control scheme, ducking sound and innumerable other treasures. Further details of course can be found on the USa games website

And if that's not all Liam Urven has been LWorking hard on more upgrading goodness for some of his free games. This time, it's that dive into the ominous, trap wridden, doom laden, monster infested hell hole known as Santas workshop in his game Great toy robbery.

New sounds, new scoring features and other surprises await, ----- as unfortunately do index updates to the Lworks pages (though they're next on the hit list). In the mean time just Head over to the Lworks site to grab them.

Happy gaming, ----- though with dark dungeons, potentially grim gamebooks, hateful harpies, and a distinctly psychotic santa clause to contend with, "horrified!" gaming would be nearer the mark.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-06-17 08:56:47

Fixed the link to the tomb hunter page on the games list, you missed the ] off the first part.

There certainlys eems to be a lot of developments going on right now, though isn't it a bit early for a christmas themed game? laugh. Oddly the idea reminds me of a certain Futurama episode.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-06-17 11:58:58

Ah yes, robo psycho santer, ---- with that great carol "Santer clause is gunning you down!" Rofl!

Thanks as always for fixing the links. I thought I changed this one, ---- but sinse I was also updating the download link on the tombhunter index page at the same time and fixing the Usa games site link (which for some reason wasn't working), it's possible I missed something.

while it's probably not chrismas, we do seem to be getting lots of presents from devs at the moment, ---- grin!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)