2015-07-14 05:14:43

Hi,
I see the best game soundtracks are dark cloud's, and resident evil code veronica x's soundtracks.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-07-14 06:31:09

Oh, I just thought of more soundtracks that are among my favorites although I don't have any of them as soundtracks themselves, and that is the soundtracks to most Star Wars based games, though I do have a lot of Star Wars inspired music including the movie soundtracks.

2015-07-15 09:59:27

Hi, in my opinion, the game which has the best soundtracks is assassins creed 4 and far cry 3 from what I have been hearing in gameplays and walkthroughs.

2015-07-16 05:16:06

The last of Us.

2015-07-16 07:16:17

thunder captor (arcade)

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2015-07-16 09:41:17

God Of War III. Halo. Soul Calibur IV.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2015-07-16 15:01:48

I'm so surprised that Chromo Trigger nor Chromo Cross are mentioned at all. I mean, those two, especially Chromo Cross, were the only! Games to be able to bring literal tears to my eyes. Now I'm mostly into Secret of Mana though, and a novelization would be very appreciated... Please Dark? Now that I've read through this thread though, I'm rather interested in the story of Megaman. Not some Wikipedia article either.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-07-16 16:59:15

@Devin, a novelization of secret of mana would be quite the task, though there is a script on gamefaqs, howeer I agee it's one of the nicest soundtracks ever! Chrono trigger I find a bit random, I still need to hear chrono cross.

As to the story of megaman, wel the megaman network has some pretty comprehensive articles on their wiki:
Find it here

Broadly speaking, there are  five main series in the plot, plus the alternative exe and starforce series.

The Mega man classic series (as it's now known), begins in 20 xx, and involves Mega man, a humanoid battle robot designed by dr. light together with his sister Roll, and friends like auto the mechanic and  rush the robotic dog, thrwarting the schemes of the evil Dr. Wily and his robot masters.
this is all pretty commic stuff, like you'd see in a cartoon series, for example Mega man 4 involves a threat supposedly from the Russian robot designer Dr. Kossak, who threatens to send his own robots after Mega man, however it turns out Wily kidnapped Kossak's daughter Calinca to force him to cooperate.

it's light and rather funny and to be honest as a written plot sounds very! hacknied, sinse it's the games, the design of the stages and the different robot masters you fight and ow they attack that makes things awesome (the awesome soundtracks don't hurt either).

The mega man x series is set in 21 xx, a hundred years later. Capcom wanted a  darker, more grown up series on the Snes so this series begins with a scientist called Dr. Cane finding a capsule that contains x.

X it turns out is the last of Dr. Light's creations, a robot that can think for itself and has the emotions and freee will of a human being, however due to the potential danger of this project, Light sealed X inside a capsule to run a 30 year diagnostic.
What became of light, auto, Dr. wily and everyone else from the classic series isn't clear, although we've had some interesting hints and of course lots of fans have theories (i have my own).

Dr. Cane then starts creating reploids, robots with this new capacity to think to work alongside humans. This goes well until some reploids start turning maveric, ie, going insane and attempting to kill humans. A group of reploids is setup to counter this threat, called the maveric hunters lead by a reploid called sygma, who has blue eyes and wields a beam saber, (think light saber), with Zero as his second in command, a mysterious reploid who is Sygma's student.

Sygma however then goes maveric, taking the rest of the maveric hunters with him, leaving x and zero to face the threat, despite the fact that x forswares violence and attempts a pacifistic attitude.

The series then revolves around sygma's various plots, and revelations about the past of the characters. It is eventually revealed in x2, that the maveric condition is the result of a computer virus, and that sigma himself has merged with this virus, and thus is able to create and possess new robot bodies at will.

the bosses are mostly from the maveric hunters, though occasionally they're reploids who rebel for their own reasons. they're also very cool sinse rather than being junkman or fireman like the original series robot masters, they're animalistic or even plants, such as storm eagle or split mushroom, which as you might imagine leads to some very unique characters to fight.

In x4, during a war Sygma  initiated between the reply force, a peace keeping force of reploids and the new maveric hunters lead by x, Zero's past is revealed, he was the last creation of Dr. Wily, and it was he who first transmitted the maveric virus to Sygma.

Things then go a bit whacked, mostly because Zero should! have exited the series at the end of x5, or in x6 to turn up in his own series, and because Capcom basically wanted more money, and because of the introduction of pathetic blond fairy link wonabe boy Axl, a reploid who can copy the abilities of other reploids (yeah, most mega man fans hate axl). the series finishes thus far I believe with x8, where sygma is finally defeated, and X command mission, which is all about copy chips and doesn't really run into the virus plotline, but it's implied the sygma virus itself goes on, although for me due to access reasons and the fact that x7 went full 3d while (thanks capcom), the series can! end at x6 big_smile.

The Zero series is my favourite in terms of plot and is set 102 years later, it began on the gba in the early 2000's with mega man zero (which I have very fond memories of). zero sealed himself in a capsule to spare the world from the virus (he's shown doing this in x6 although silly capcom say it doesn't happen in x6). he then awakes to find Nio arcadia, a fashistic society lead supposedly by x where reploids are treated as second class citizens. He has been awakened by ciel a human scientist and her band of resistance fighters.

I love the zero games, I love how dark they are, your first mission in zero 1 is to literally go to an extermination camp and rescue a a reploid from being crushed, you even have a disturbing power up system where you collect centient programs called cyber elves (no I didn't make them up), but whenever you use one, it dies! and you lose score and what not. The bosses are various generals of nio arcadia with a mythological sort of theme, such as hanumachine, a machine based on the hindu monkey god hanuman.

The four games each also have an ongoing story rather than "oooh look defeat wily or sygma again" this was something the x series was getting to in it's later offerings (x4 and 5 are some of my favourites for that reson), but the zero series takes ongoing plot to the next level.

In the first game, ciel and the resistance have sought out zero to protect them from nio arcadia and it's generals. The game ends with Zero taking on nio arcadia's leader, who it turns out isn't actually the original x from 100 years ago, but a copy of x (he's referd to as copy x). The original x then turns up, just his mind in hovering data form as a cyber elf, and in a classic scene recovers some of zero's memory and encourages zero to go on fighting.

It eventually turnsout that x ended the maveric virus by deleting it with a cyber elf called the mother elf, but an evil scientist called Dr.  Weil (who may or may not be the original Dr. Wily from the classic series days), cursed the mother elf turning it into the dark elf which initiated the elf wars in which 9 tenths of the earth's population perrished, hence the fashistic nio arcadia.
Zero also discovers that while he was in that capsule for 100 years, Weil transfered his original mind into a copy body, and created a destructive creature called omega from zero's original body (the fight in zero three between zero and original zero is one of the most awesome!).

The series ends with Zero sacrificing himself to stop a spaceship Dr. Weil is crashing into the earth to try and kill off all remaining humans on the planet, and it finishes with a highly romantic moment of Ciel crying over zero's cracked helmet, ---- -sniff!

I admit I'm a huge zero fan, he's got big hair, a no nonsence honourable attitude,  an awesome wolverine helmet and a beam saber! what's awesome is his beam saber will even do the japanese samurai style quick draw, sinse the blade only flicks out when he actually swings it, ---- though in the zero games you can also charge up and perform a charged slash with your Saber the way you can charge your gun, which does loads of damage to bosses.

I was actually considering a semi romantic, but quite dark fanfic set between zero 1 and 2 at one stage,   where Ciel explains to zero why and how she left nio arcadia and how she, a human developed sympathy for reploids, it never got done but it had some fun momentts, ---- I particularly liked the idea I had that zero's response to ciel telling him she was upset would be to hand her his gun point at the wall and say "target, quickdraw now!" and when she asked why just grunt back "training, ---- best thing!"

There is then the zx series where you play as two characters, a boy called vent and a girl called ail, which is set a little after the zero games, with people becoming cyborgs and a company called slither inc investigating the old nio arcadian ruins, though I don't know a lot about those because they're on the ds and I've not played them.

Then, there is the mega man legends series which was actually bought out  in the late 90's, which is a zelda style 3D adventure series and involves relic hunters in a far distant future earth where all the humans have left for another world called elisium, and the remaining inhabitants of earth are reploids. I've read the scripts for those though off hand I don't recall too much of the plot accept that you played as someone called Mega man trigger.

That's about as far as it goes. I personally think the plot of the later x and zero games is best (though excluding x7 and the hole stupidity with axl), and of course the zero series with their ongoing story, though of course I do have the advantage of playing several of these.
Even the classic series though as I said, is awesome for it's gameplay and style and it's characters despite the plot being, ---- well rather like a commic.

Wow! this turned into far more woffle than I planned, but hopefully it should give a good idea big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-16 18:42:33

I read the whole secret of mana script, and while its better than the wikipedia article, I still think the game is far more than that. I also tried the squarest MUD and all that, but combat was pretty boring IMHO. Yes, I'd love the X and Zero games better too.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-07-16 18:57:52

Well it's certainly true the  game is more than the script, I sat with a friend while he played through it at one point, and the moment the lost continent rises from the sea is pretty awesome, particularly sinse your flying around the world on the back of flammy your white dragon at that point, plus of course dungeon wise the lost continent is huuuuuge!

Interesting enough, there was a recent ios version of secret of mana which used targiting with fingers instead of wandering with the stick and buttons, though according to my brother didn't change the actual game, sadly (after I experimented with his Ipad), no vo support, though that didn't surprise me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-17 17:15:41

Now that's horrible. I hate how all these amazing but inaccessible games come out on such an accessible system. But the fat cats just don't care I suppose.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-07-25 00:12:45

My favourite soundtrack are: Gothic 1, 2, 2 die naht besraben, The witcher 1 2 and 3, The elder scrolls.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2016-08-20 15:58:46 (edited by pulseman45 2016-10-04 22:41:10)

Would be hard to say what's my favourite game soundtrack since I like plenty of those. But I'll take some of those which I will classify by era.
8 bit:
Castlevania series, Mega Man series, Pokemon, plus pretty much everything from Alberto Jose Gonzalez, and others.

Special mensions: Shadow of The Ninja (nes)
A game which was published by Natsume in 1990 if I remember. It was somewhat close to Ninja Gaiden, plus the fact that there was two player coop (something rare for the nes). The soundtrack was really  cool, though a bit short and to Castlevania-like at some point.
Actually Tecmo was so  impressed that they bought the rights for it's gameboy port and made Ninja Gaiden Shadow out of it, a game  which also has a very good soundtrack.

Robocop (gameboy)
The soundtrack of this game was composed by  Jonathan Dunn, and it's absolutely amazing for an early gameboy  game. It truely  shown the gameboy's versatility and made the nes feel  outdated, not to mension the Master System.

16 bit: basically the series I mensionned abov, plus pretty much all 16 bit era stuff discussed on this thread.

32 bit: once again Megaman series, Castlevania Symphony of The Night, and mostly Fighting games (Soul Blade, Tekken 2), along with a couple others.

Special mension: Ace Combat II (playstation)
The sequel of Air Combat for the playstation. Not really a flight simulator, as it was an Arcade Game. I consider the soundtrack to be a gem for the genre. It's mostly rock/metal-based but still really diversified, with a lot of different atmospheres that surprisingly  always feet extremely  well.

128 bit and current gen: once more, mostly fighting games (Soulcalibur series, everything from Daisuke Ishiwatari, Skullgirls...)

Pfew! That was one long hell of a post. I may post links in future posts if you want, and if this thread is still going.

2016-08-22 21:47:11

the metal gear solid series... that is all
the cutscene music more so than actual gameplay, but that's not all that bad either

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2016-08-23 02:18:12

I've heard a lot of good game soundtracks but halo, final fantasy, and star wars, the force unleashed are some of the best in my opinion. Also soul calibur ii and soul calibur iii.

fantasy world creationist

2016-08-23 03:57:30

it would be cool if some of you can post links for newer games soundtracks, like final fantasy XIII, guilty gear XRD, batman: arkham knight, game of thrones: telltale series, halo 4 and halo 5, and the latest naruto ultimate ninja storm 4.
I wanted to get soundtracks for newer games, but the kh insider website is very rare to upload those, especially the final fantasy series, which is not the kind of website to post such a popular stuff.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-08-23 16:52:03

I recently got into c64 music again. My favorite c64 soundtrack is probably time tunnel.

-id software, 1995

2016-08-23 23:58:41

I've got some news.
I don't know about other services but I know that Halo 5: Guardians, Batman Arkham Knight and the FInal Fantasy soundtracks are also on iTunes, or at least selections of the music. THere are also a lot of things on YouTube too, for instance the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b_qT9QNyfw

2016-08-24 00:13:07

Namco went even further and released the soundtracks (including all sound effects) to their old arcade games on ITunes. Covered are pac-man, dig dug, galaga, mappy, rally x and new rally x, and tower of druaga, among others.

-id software, 1995

2016-08-24 11:29:08

I'd love to get the Pac-man one but I don't know if it's in the UK iTunes store unfortunately.
Here's a list of soundtracks I've found though, it's by no means complete, all from iTunes:
Assassins Creed series there's a few of them.
Final Fantasy again, quite a few including xiii.
Mirror's Edge
Halo 5 (I don't know if the rest are there or not)
Killer Instinct season 1 and killer instinct season 2, these come with killer cuts 1 and killer cuts 2 as bonuses so you get some of the retro stuff too.
Shadow of Mordor
Batman: Arkham Knight
I bet there's others I'm missing.
Unfortunately a lot of Japanese stuff like SoulCalibur isn't on iTunes.

2016-08-24 21:01:19

The Soul Calibur V soundtrack is possibly the best soundtrack in the series, closely followed by Soul calibur 2 and 3 though I'm not quite sure which order I'd put those in. Killer Instinct also has great tracks, as does the Yakuza series which, which simple definitely get your blood pumping and into the action. If anyone knows what I mean when I say certain video game tracks just sound badass all by themselves, the Ryu Ga Gotoku or yakuza series demonstrates this. Here are some of my favourite tracks from each of those series.

Soul Calibur V - Nightmare's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Hikaj8ub0
Big and dark, just like the character.
Natsu's Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT0AbdPTb2w
Love this one, captures her fast and dynamic playing style and her spirited personality.

Soul Calibur 2, Taki's Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HH3JOvxANk
Soul Calibur 3, Blade Seeker (mitsurugi's theme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvffsKhjgQ

Killer Instinct, the Tiger Warrior, Jago's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSj5Iy1OOs
I love the use of exotic Asian melodies, as well as the amazing overtone or Throat singing in this one.
Killer Instinct Season 3 Kim Woo theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF2CbaK7fOA

Interesting note that while Kim Woo is Chinese, the vocalist in the song is actually Korean and singing Korean words during the vocal parts.
Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero, Kuze Battle Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpNz-xx_sCo

Hard hitting and badass, just like this actual fight is in the game.
Yakuza 3, final boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPq6o98ivu4

All the Yakuza games have this style of battle music, which given that it's a series set in the Japanese underworld, makes sense combined with the over the top combat seen in these games.
Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan, Yoshioka Seijuro theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XN8-c4Iks

Part of the same series as the main Yakuza games, but it's a spinoff with the characters redone to match an ancient Japan setting.

These are just some of my favourite tracks in general, there are tracks I like and dislike in each of these games. I also have other favourites, but this post has gone on long enough. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-08-24 21:37:23

I love the Gotoku Kenzan theme Really orchestral and epic.
Also, the Yakuza 3 Bos theme reminds me a bit of the older Tekken games too!

2016-08-24 21:56:43

Also SHank ost is quite good, especially on cutscenes

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2016-08-24 22:19:13

Not as big of a fan of the shank ost... not as musically dynamic as it could be, but that's just personal opinion.
Aaron, true about the yakuza 3 boss theme being like some of the early tekken games!

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-08-25 06:09:26

Another good soundtrack would have to be the one for barney's hide n seak on the genesis. IMO the composer nailed the destinctive style of the source material perfectly. Just listen to the title theme to hear what I mean.

-id software, 1995