2009-04-02 00:00:42 (edited by fergregoire94 2009-04-02 00:03:11)

When we played Top Speed 2.0 about 2 years, some bugs has been detected, some coments has sent to The Playing In The Dark Team.
The wait has been very, very long, wile we can't use the extra tracks and vehicles in multiplayer game so some times the races was bored after a time playing. Also, the tracks and vehicle creation was hard.
But now, there arent problems as this!. Some monts ago (I have noticed about this a mont after the news post) the Playing In The Dark Team present a release candidate (unstable) of the version 2.1 of Top Speed. Is a release candidate version, unoficial, because this can content some bugs. I have tested the version and there arent too many. I recomend to download this version from the Playing In The Dark web.
The new features and changes that I remember are:
The menu has been rearranged
Quick Start option removed. This game mode doesn't already exist.
Street Adventures option removed. Read more down for more information, because there is a way to play this game mode.
Track selection and race mode changes and new features
When select the Time Trial, Single race or Host A Game options, the game shou 3 options and Go back, wit the warning Select a track tipe:
Race track: Shou the standar tracks included in the game.
Street Adventures: Shou the street adventures included in the game.
Custom Track: Shou the tracks and street adventures downloaded or created by the user.
The tracks, street adventures and custom tracks now have ordered by name in the list.

Added France, Ireland and Portugal tracks and Rallye to the desert Street Adventure.
Added new vehicles. The car4 is now the car6.

Now is posible play a custom track in multiplayer game.
Options menu new features:
The game request confirmation when the user select the Restore Default Settings option.
In the game Settings menu, the Use Hardware Sound Direct Acceleration and Reverse Stereo are new. This options was in the racing.cfg on the 2.0 version.
The number of laps now can be a number from 1 to 8.
The file racing.cfg doesn't exist and the new file is topspeed.cfg, wit some settings removed.
The readme now is a chm help file.
The TS2 Utiliti pack program from X-Sight-Interactive is included wit the game installer. This program is for create tracks, vehicles, change the configuration file in a grafical user interface, make a server history, paqaje and download add-ons, chek files related to Top Speed (tracks, vehicles and the higscore.cfg file).
Playabiliti new features
The game contain a new surface for tracks and street adventures (sand) and a efect called clock what is a clock bell.
Your time is anounced when all players finishes a race in multiplayer game and this anounce is more extended.
More realistic fisic model.
The horn and the brake are eared on the real side.

General changes
Two sounds in the menu wont be played simultaniousli anymore, except in the Local Server menu, where this problem can hapend.
For more information, visit http://www.playinginthedark.net and read the news "Release candidate Top Speed 2.1 has arribed!".
For users that speak Spanish, I have created a paqaje to translate the game and the TS2 Pack to Spanish. Is uploaded to Playing In The Dark download page.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-04-02 13:33:03

I'm not sure why you posted this, but Top Speed 2 is **not** one of the experimental games. Please post about this in the general game discussion in future, I'm moving the topic.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-04-02 20:22:09

I think he didn't understand what the experimental games are about, i guess he meant this to be an experimental game because this is a release candidate. I'd just like to add one more thing, the crowd and seashore sounds have been changed and in my opinion, they are a whole lot better now.

2009-04-02 20:38:43

I did wonder about that. I just didn't get quite why he posted what seem to be release notes for TS2. Have I missed something? Has there been another update in recent weeks?

I'm afraid with my not being on Audyssey's list I tend to miss a few things.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-04-02 22:14:57

I haven't seen anything on audeasy about a new version recently myself, ---- though I admit I probably don't follow topspeed 2 as closely as I do other games, sinse racing isn't quite as much my thing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-04-02 23:32:42

As I said on my first post about this, in the Playing In The Dark web there are news. There is a heading wit this info. For read, enter to the following link:
http://www.playinginthedark.net/news_e.php
and press H key for find the eading titled: Release Candidate for Top Speed 2.1 has arrived!

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-04-02 23:51:54

Um, that was posted over 4 months ago. Old news. Sorry.

cx2
-----

2009-04-03 00:39:57

Stil, thanks for the news, and please let us know if you come across anything else.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-04-03 21:33:01

Yes, there are more news: a German, Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish language packs to translate the game. The Spanish pack what I have created also translate the TS2 Utiliti Pack interface wit a lng file.
I have fixed some bugs in my Spanish language pack, but in the Playing In The Dark web there is the old file. I don't have idea about a good server to share the updated file (wit installer). If someone's want the file, contactme to my e-mail for more information (I speak a low English level and Spanish, my native language) or reply to this post wit information about the filesharing on audiogames.net.
If someone's want information about the new features for create language packs, tracks and vehicles, reply this post and I will reply wit this information.

This is all for now
Greetings
Fernando Gregoire from Argentina

2009-04-03 22:47:46

There is no "file sharing" on audiogames.net. Some games might have been hosted, but that is at the discretion of Richard and Senderman.

As mere moderators myself and Dark don't really have the ability to upload such files sadly. If you want to find a post by Senderman though feel free, he's the technical guy of the pair. If you find one of his posts, try the admin suggestions discussion part of the forum, you'll find a send mail link below his username. Hit this and you'll be able to drop him a message.

This is what our board uses in place of private messaging, since it hasn't such a system. All users just about have a "send mail" link below their names on their posts. Sending a message through the forum will show up in their email inbox as if you sent them it, but it doesn't tell you their email. If they choose to reply though it works just as if you had emailed them.

cx2
-----

2009-04-03 23:01:13

For your information : there is also a TS2.1 french language pack, available since 26th december 2008 (that's old now !) on topspeed.manu-dpk.net (Note that an inscription to the community is required).
Manu translated the game and I co-translated the TS utility pack.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-04-04 04:52:29

Aminiel wrote:

For your information : there is also a TS2.1 french language pack, available since 26th december 2008 (that's old now !) on topspeed.manu-dpk.net (Note that an inscription to the community is required).
Manu translated the game and I co-translated the TS utility pack.

Thanks for add this info, I has forgot this pack.

2009-04-04 11:04:06

I like the game verry mutch. I enjoyed it since it came out.

What you're looking at is subhuman. It's not normal. Focus on yourself.

2009-04-04 20:35:53

Of what version you are speaking?
2.0? 2.1 RC2?

2009-04-04 20:43:10

Thanks for add this info, I has forgot this pack.

Yes, the info hasn't really gone outside the topspeed-fr community and the jeuaccess mailing list.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-05-27 02:47:10

Hi, just to bring this topic back up, I feel top speed 2 is forgotten aside from my circle of friends and a group of people in Germany that I know of. If someone could give me the french pack that would be great for I'd like to try it out but don't read french. You can go to sendspace.com to host it. or just skype me at techluver.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2009-05-27 22:41:45

In my opinion, Rapidshare or Megaupload are more accesible and secure servers

2009-05-28 03:55:26

why?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.