2009-02-27 02:18:05

Yes, this is another report about a brand new game from one of our ilustrious devs, a game which has been in developement for a while and which shows amazing promise. Welcome to dark labyrinths populated by dangerous monsters, rich treasure and hazardous traps, which only the most experienced hero will b able to traverse.
If your now thinking of Jason allan's audio rpg entombed your completely and utterly wrong! yes wrong!

We're getting entombed alright, but the tomb in questio is some ancient Grecian ruins inhabited by centaurs, harpies and skeleton wariors, which treasure seaking, gun toting archaeologist Angela Carter must puzle her way through,jumping lava pits and chasms, blasting monsters, and grabbing plenty of treasure along the way in the new side scrolling adventure known as mysteries of the ancients.

For anyone who's been keeping up to date with developements in lug hole compliant games, this is indeed the new, modern evolution from Usa games interactive once known as montizuma's return. But be certain that the game has gone through a complete change, with sinse it's original incarnation.

this is of course only a beta version, so you won't be able to get too lost in those ruins, ---- but you can be certain the game will be expanded upon soon.

Feel free to Downloaderate it here

And for discussion purposes, one of our faithful crew, Cw has started a Forum thread about the game, ready and waiting for the expultion of your opinions.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-02-27 19:36:47

Apologies for the delay Dark, I know you asked me to post about this owing to your being busy concentrating on your tonsils. I've had a few faults with my broadband of late, and one of them timed itself just wrong there. Sort of kicking myself for letting you down now.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-02-27 20:30:52

no problem, please don't feel bad about it. i gathered sinse I hadn't seen you around the forum, you were either else where or having internet trouble, which can't of course be helped, ---- or at least not without a lot of cursing and huge amounts of stress.

Sinse the last night of said performance was Wednesday, I had the option to give my tonsils a rest and let my fingers work for a change, lol, so I wrote up some news instead.

I'll also try and get around to some more data base updates, ---- though at the moment my mind is stil a bit spaced out from wearing a flower pot, mincing around on stage and singing an incredibly long top A.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)