2009-06-15 08:40:05

Their star trek lost frontier series is spun off from the end of the section 31 files. I find lost frontier more appealing, but sadly there isn't much of it yet. S31 files are in the archive, and it is both complete and quite sizeable.

Their main failing is their tendency to try doing too much at once. Space 1999 is a prime example of them starting something while they already have several projects on the go at once.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-06-15 20:50:49

This seems to be the main failing with Darker Projects, ----- though hopefully if they completed the sec 31 files, they actually are! able to finish something.

I felt very much the same thing happened with their Doctor who series in terms of too much at once, ----- pluss having the same voice actor as Byron playing their second doctor really didn't help as it makes the two series too similar imho.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-06-16 09:44:44

Well the guy who plays Byron is in Lost Frontier as well, but he is almost unrecognisable as a character from Byron. You'll be quite surprised I think.

I've also spotted a couple things in the archive they started and stalled after a couple episodes, sad since they were quite promising. I hope the Windser Sword isn't another one of these.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-06-16 10:20:02

Ditto, Sword of windser did sound great, ----- but i'm actually not sure what they will do with that one now Lydan himself has actually written an official prequal in Queen of Ice.

For a start, i thought it was stated in the books that all of the windsers actually died in the bombing of the palace, ----- -but I could well be wrong.

That Far horizons series they started also sounded promising to me as well, ----- though that hasn't had any updates forever!

On the other hand, Alive Inside seems to have been restarted, so obviously they are able to restart series which they started earlier.

I don't mind the chap from byron being in other things, it just that the roll he plays both in doctor who and byron, ---- the weerd guy who knows everything is a litle too similar. Then again, as I'm a major doctor who fan I suppose I'm going to be more suspecious of fan produced things.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-06-23 12:29:52

hi guys!!,thanks for the info...
can i get the email id of kris,the author of the falcon banner series do any one of you guys know it?
I want itbecause, i want to buy the book called lion's pride.
At lulu.com,a guy said that there are gramatical mistakes in it
thanks

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2009-06-23 12:49:28

Why do you need the author's contact for that? Not that I have it anyway.

cx2
-----

2009-06-23 14:20:50

hi
because i want to know that the gramaticle mistakes have been kerected or not
thanks

Follow me on twitter

2009-06-23 16:03:51

Well I only read the first book, but any mistakes weren't noticeable to me. They probably aren't major, some people just nitpick remember.

cx2
-----

2009-06-24 13:05:46

hi
i'm talking about the therd book in the falcon banner

and yes i purchased the therd and fourth book
the therd book has a lot of gramaticle airurs
thanks any way

Follow me on twitter

2009-06-24 13:54:24

I actually have all the books from lulu.com, and personally didn't notice any glaring grammatical errors.

There are cases where liedan writes characters points of view in regional English or dialects which probably show up as grammatical mistakes, ---- but sinse not everyone in real life speaks in perfect English, it'd be pretty unrealistic for all characters in a book to do it, ---- especially when dealing with some of the more scummy inhabitants of the galaxy (it's rather hard to imagine a space pirate or slave trader speaking queens English).

to be honest Gryfindore I don't think this is something you need to be concerned about, ---- just read the books, and enjoy them! I'm stil waiting for book six, which might (given the way events are going), be the last in the series.

Btw, according to correct english, that immortal Startrek phrase, "to Boldly go where no one has gone before" is actually grammatically wrong!

2009-06-24 17:32:25

hi !!

lol!ok......

Follow me on twitter

2009-09-17 06:39:10

The Byron Chronicles is my #1 favorite. David Ault, who voices Byron, is brilliant, and the show is amazing. The Section 31 Files is my #2 favorite...and Lost Frontier is getting better with each new episode. (A new one is coming out soon, btw; in a few weeks, I think)

About the Falcon Banner: I'm not sure exactly why the show was cancelled, but quite a few shows didn't make the cut. There are currently five shows active at DP (The Byron Chronicles, Far Horizons, Lost Frontier, Green Lantern, & Doctor Who) . If you're looking for other great audio dramas, try The Leviathan Chronicles by Christof Laputka (www.leviathanchronicles.com) or try something from Pendant Audio (www.pendantaudio.com) or BrokenSea (www.brokensea.com).

"Edmund, listen to me. I see things no one else does. A darkness is coming. If we don't unite together, none of us stand a chance against it." --Byron

---
www.leviathandances.wordpress.com

2009-09-17 08:00:56

I hope the falcon banner gets underway again, sinse I'd really like to see them get through the series and have audio scenes of some of the more dramatic bits of the books, ---- especially with the quality of the action.

for the star trek stuff, I'm never sure which order the series go in precisely. I began lost fronteer but it seemed to then cross over with section 31, so I'm not particularly sure where to start.

I'm please dthough that far horizons is finally getting in gear. Any advice would be helpful.

I'm pleased the far horizons stuff is finally getting going as that struck me as an interesting plot, ----- and I'm a big byron fan.

I keep getting adverts of the leviathan chronicles I really should check them out, ---- though that big annoying flash animation and lack of links on their page mildly puts me off.

As to brokensea, I've not been keen on the quality of what I've heard of there stuff thus far to be honest, the acting has seemed very over done indeed, ----- this might either be a personal opinion, or just because the Grog & griffin isn't one of their best projects.

Pendent audio is not one I've heard of at all, so I might have to check that.

I also like several things people have posted on www.podiobooks.com, ---- in particular the post apocalyptic audio drama the failed cities monologues, and the series of things from theatre of the midnight son, which, while not having the best quality in terms of sfx, are great for music, acting and weerd story telling.

I'd probably better stop this message before it turns into a "books I like" wrant ;D.

2009-09-17 09:48:16

Hmm, where was the news about Falcon Banner being cancelled from? Honestly I have to agree they do too much though. Space 1999 was a mistake when they had so much on already, and Blood Moon was curious but never really got going fully. Gothic had some potential though.

Dark:
Lost Frontier is a follow on to the S31 files. It takes the plot up after a time delay since S31 finished.

Have to agree about Far Horizons, about time they got it moving.

HeMan the Parody is good for a laugh too if you're not easily offended by jokes about HeMan's orientation.

Based on the stuff in Blood Moon, Gothic and Byron I'm pretty certain someone at DarkerProjects has at least read up a lot on the White Wolf game line known as World of Darkness, more than likely played it some too. They've also either read some Lovecraft or read/played Call of Cthulhu.

cx2
-----

2009-09-17 19:07:54

cx2:The news about Falcon Banner's cancellation comes straight from the Powers-That-Be over at Darker Projects. It was announced...oh, sometime early this year. There are currently no plans to resurrect it.
Also, Gothik was meant to be a tribute/fan adaptation/what have you of Lovecraft's work. The Byron Chronicles combines a little bit of everything, and often references those inspirations in-show (count the pop-culture references!). Notably: Dracula, Romero, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 28 Days Later, Doctor Who, Greek/Roman mythology, the Christian Bible... the list goes on.

Dark: The Leviathan Chronicles website is being re-done to make it more simple to navigate. Originally, Christof wanted the site to be big, flashy, and impressive, since he wanted to hook people who were checking it out. Now that the show has taken off by leaps and bounds, however, there isn't as much need for an attention-grabbing website. I think the site is going to get a makeover after the first chunk of Leviathan episodes wraps up in a few months. If it annoys you (and believe me, I'm heading into that frame of mind pretty quickly myself) just download from iTunes/Zune Marketplace/whatever to bypass everything.

Pendant has some good stuff, but from the look of things, their shows have a REALLY high episode count, so I've been hesitant to start anything there. I'm afraid I'd never catch up. I've just started listening to their shows (especially 'Once Upon a Time in Vegas'...) so I don't have a good overall picture yet. But what I've heard has been very good.

"Edmund, listen to me. I see things no one else does. A darkness is coming. If we don't unite together, none of us stand a chance against it." --Byron

---
www.leviathandances.wordpress.com

2009-09-17 19:55:52

It's truly and seriously sad about tfb, and i've half a mind to contact darker projects to express my disappointment, ---- I'm signed up there anyway sinse I had some vague plans about adapting one of my scifi short stories into an audio play for them at some point.

I don't particularly use I tunes or anything similar, but if it's worth it the flashiness is get roundable, and hopefully the archive of passed episodes is less irritating, ---- I was just in a severely bad humour when i first stubmled upon the website and frankly was too lazy to investigate further for an audio which might in the end not turn out to be fantastic.

sinse I tend to enjoy weerd off the wall stuff such as Byron and doctor who (I've actually been a Dr. who fan sinse I was about eleven), it would probably be my sort of thing.

Long series don't scare me, in fact I enjoy long series provided they do eventually reach some sort of conclusion. one of my favourite novels on podiobooks.com is the corridor which tops out at 75 episodes!

I'm currently visiting my parents, who have now moved to a limited net access, ---- ten gb a month limit admittedly which is pretty huge, so I'll probably curve my desires to listen to audio for at least a few days, ----- besides, I've got the third duncton novel to finish first.

2009-09-17 20:51:06

Thanks, that is indeed a great shame. I'd sooner they stop inventing new projects and not have tried the Space 1999 and so on, in favour of their existing series which they can barely keep going at all it seems.

cx2
-----

2010-01-21 09:30:54

yeah! I love The Leviathan Chronicles, I can't wait until ep 24, that one is going to be the longest one.

2010-01-23 01:30:02

Indeed, I just heard 23 last night with klango, ---- very nice and I can't wiat for 24 either.

I do hope series 2 will be put out as a podcast as well as on I tunes, sinse I've not particularly bothered with any of the I tunes stuff myself, and find Klango much the best way of listening to and subscribing to podcasts.

Did you listen to the promos? you can find links to varient frequencies and the failed cities in my favourites on klango, ---- deffinately worth checking out imho.

Also, I thought that gear heart podcast sounded interesting so I've added it to Klango too, ---- I've been a bit too busy to check it out as yet, but it sounded like a good drama series.

2010-01-27 12:40:14

Hi guys!
is the 6th book in the falcon banner series out yet?

Follow me on twitter

2010-01-27 13:01:56

Sadly not, ---- though i do keep checking back.