2009-02-08 13:29:16

despite whatever life throws at us, we're not going to give Mr. Database a rest. He's getting far too fat and needs the exercise, ----- the trouble is, the more he exercises, the fatter he gets!

Oh well, at least he'll be nice and plump for when we stick him in the oven next Christmass.

Mmmmm, before this gets any weerder, I'd probably just better get on with listing recent site updates:

Thanks to Cx2 we now have descriptions of Muds and mud clients on the game genres page, and thanks to Richard we now have a page for the Dark room game mentioned in previous news items.

Entombed: updated description slightly, added Wiki link.
Truckz: page and description.
Changed title of accessible battleship to Battleship Sv to more accurately reflect the game

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-02-09 07:27:30

Did you mean to put a B instead of an F in Beburary?  It just sounds weird.  Not picking on you, ust wasn't sure it was a typo.

2009-02-09 14:11:34

Around  here weird is par for the course tongue

Noticed that myself, but with Dark you never can tell.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-02-09 14:22:38

thanks Vel. I must confess this one was entirely due to me trying to dash off a news post fairly quickly as I had a major rehearsal for the production I'm doing yesterday afternoon, ---- but stil wanted to get the Sunday update in if I could.

Beburary does have a nice wring to it I have to admit.

Presumably that month comes from the same calendar that includes the festival of beaster, a time when we eat chocolate egs bought to us by a bunney rabbit? ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-02-09 16:39:58

Bebruary sure sounds cool to me. Just like Buly and Baugust. smile

2009-02-09 21:24:06

Ah Buly, of course containing the festival of St Boolean of truth and falsities.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-02-09 21:29:54

... Beptember? (grin)

2009-02-09 23:29:42

Don't forget about Banuary.

2009-02-11 14:41:11

Banuary? Well we could have a Banuary if you insist... tongue

Ducks the rotten tomatoes and assorted decomposing veg.

cx2
-----