2009-02-03 14:55:33

As it turns out, 2008 was a good year for audio games after all. Dark Room Sex Game is an adult-themed audio game that received worldwide media attention and even was a runner-up at E3's Best PC Game competition, yet somehow was completely (?) missed by the blind-gamers community. Or maybe everybody preferred to keep this game secretly to themselves. Either way, the game has finally been added to our Games List. You can find more information about Dark Room Sex Game through this link, including why the developers prefer you to hook up a Wiimote to your PC to play. Happy gaming!

2009-02-03 15:55:04

damn man this is awesommmmmmme! i'm going to download and try it now...
did you know if it works offline tow? or i understand something wrong and the game is only offline?
i hope that it is fun...

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-02-03 16:02:12

I suspect it is multiplayer on the same computer from the description.

Ye gods this announcement has blown my weird quotient capacity for the day, if not longer. I'm not even slightly prudish either, as a couple friends of mine can attest to lol.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-02-03 16:26:27

hey all...
help needed with the game, it doesn't run here, wen i try to run the jar files, it opens my nokia aplication asking for install something on my cellphone, this is not what i want, i have java, i point to internet explorer then, but it also doesn't work... anyone experienced this or at least can tell me what to do to make it works plz? i'm crazy wanting to play this game...
and, to have sure that i have java, then can anyone  can point me the direct download of java? i mean the more updated version.
thanks so much for the help.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-02-03 16:54:31

Try making sure your file associations are set right for jar files.

I could be wrong but I thought the main site for all things java VM related was java.com.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-02-03 19:21:48

Hi all I can't install the game, it asks to open the file,  click open and it just sits there.  I'm pretty sure my stuff is up to date.  If you can help that would be great.  Hope to play soon.

2009-02-03 20:22:13

hey all.
i managed to make the game work.
you just need to get the java, the last update, that it will certain work.
get the java here:
http://java.sun.com

then, click on download java or something like with this, then choose the version for windows, accept the terms, and select the first one.
if anyone have difficulties i can upload to sendspace, but first try to download it, its not hard.
then after, wen you've installed it, just go into the game's folder, and go into file>open with... click in choose program, select java that should then appear in the list, mark where it says to always use the program, and click ok, and have fun.
the game gets boring after some time, but hehe it's cool.
i think that the wii controller it whould be even better.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-02-04 02:18:07 (edited by cw 2009-02-04 02:22:58)

The description alone tops my list of things that I thought I'll never see on this form. I'm not complaining though. Maybe give it ago if I feel like hooking in a pair of headsets, because I don't want to drive others away over strange sounds coming from my speakers. Maybe I should tern off the screen too...
Edit
maybe someone can post how real this game sounds to them and how much fun it is or...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-02-04 07:46:16

Real? Heck no. The male sounds in particular sound a little absurd to me, the female ones are probably a good effort but I don't think are quite right somehow.

Note, I haven't played the game just listened to the clips.

cx2
-----

2009-02-04 11:52:36

You can listen on Youtube what it's like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUs4hYwb08
(video starts automatically, so you should be able to hear the voices after 18 seconds or so).
Certainly not suitable for work. Unless... smile

2009-02-04 12:07:08

Sendermen wrote:

Certainly not suitable for work. Unless... smile

... you can use it for work* wink

Richard

(*teach game audio courses for example)

2009-02-04 13:58:05

Bet you two love your job right now... tongue

cx2
-----

2009-02-04 15:39:25

It's a good thing that I moved my desktop down here at a family member's house in AL where I found extra work with someone I know, but I don't know how much my connection is being watched. Maybe Very little? I should go hunt down a public connection and download it there and put it in to a truecrept valt. Wish I was testing audiogames for a living.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-02-04 23:33:23

You don't need to worry about the screen, it's all black.  What i'd love to know is how someone likes using the Wii controlers.  oh and the only slightly real sound is the female gagging on whatever she's doing.  the men are well, absurd to say the least.

2009-02-04 23:49:53

yea, the woman'ssounds are a bit real. i consider then greate.  but the man's sounds... lol! they are absurd and fun, also, i don't espect a girl that will like the sound of then, it sounds well, lets say wen he is in the bathroom trying to do their necessity and the shit didn't comes out, so he forces, ahahahahahahahahaha! just kiddin. anyway, i don't care for these sounds, good idea, i'll try to search more woman's sounds and substitute the man's ones for others...

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-02-06 08:08:55

I've found out a few things  One, is that when you select four players, the moans come from both left and right ears in my headset.  The other thing is hwen you select one player, the moan changes if you push the key quicker then the game is ready to begin.  It's really a neat game, I'm hoping they update if not say here are some new sounds.

2009-02-06 15:24:28

Here's an idea - let's start a (friendly) competition: 

Make your own Mod (see our MODS page) for Dark Room Sex Game, using sounds of your choice. The goal is to create a "different" game, while still maintaining the same mechanics. For example: two (or four) characters speaking, guitar players or tapdancers battling, robots fighting, etc. Movie clich