2009-01-12 15:39:46

With only one update, 2008 was not a good year for the Resources-section: the section on our website where you can (academic) articles and papers about audio game and game audio research and design. One of our New Years resolutions is to bring the section up to date again and so today we started by adding two papers that were published in 2008. The first paper describes the design of Pyvox 2, an audio game without any visual nor verbal instructions, and the second paper described Depthrow, an audio game designed around the auditory perception of distance and the use of physics-based models for simulations of the dynamics, the sound source, and the acoustical environment. You can find these papers, and more, in the Resources Section. Happy reading!

2009-01-12 17:47:09

I will probably check them out. I hope that these games are available for download, depththrow sounds quite interesting to play.

2009-01-13 19:03:48

pyvox is downloadable for sure. it's made by the same person who made this game where you killed mosquitos with one key or something like that I can't remember the name since it was quite some time that I didn't play it.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2009-01-31 14:28:40

Perhaps it would be valid to add the research docs mentioned at blindsecondlife.blogspot.com?

They relate to visually impaired players in virtual worlds, remember these don't have to be online MMO necessarily so have spill over application to any 3D environment.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.