2008-12-09 18:27:08

Well, sinse Fly aka masiek and other people using Klango are here, I thought I'd short cut and ask my questions.

1: How do I add a podcast audiobook to the media catalogue?

I can put in the url of the individual episodes and play them one by one, but surely this would just add each episode by itself, not the podcast as a hole?

unlesess the only way is to actually add each episode separately and then compile them, ---- though imho that seems a bit long winded.

I tried just adding the url of the page with the episodes on it, but Klango said "unsupported format"

2: the microblogue thing. While it might be fun to make microblogue entries, i'd prefer them to be available generally online to anyone, irrispeictive of whether they have the Klango player or not, ---- sinse I'd actually quite like to write about various things, not just audio games related stuff (I do that enough here anyway), pluss post links etc, just as I could on facebook or similar. Is all this possible?

I tried opening my blogue's homepage in Ie, and got a "page not found" message, ---- though I admit, sinse I haven't quite worked out how the copy to clipboard option works in Klango, I could have mucked that up.

Also, I haven't made any blog entries yet, ----- does the page only get created when you make them?

3: Where is my recordings folder? I can't find it in the Klango directory at all.

I'd also be interested in being able to save audiobooks etc to my actual audio folder which I've created on the C drive for that purpose, ---- is this possible?

4: The sunny window program, ---- I can't even start it, let alone see what it does as the faq suggested. I press enter on it and nothing happens, ---- and i do find myself wondering if something has gone wrong there?

Lastly, At risk of going slightly off topic, I really like the utube search and play function, but it'd be sort of nice to get the video as well, ---- or at least have the option to. I know Klango is an audio environment, and as I said I love the media catalogue and such, but some of the things I use utube for, do require me to use my vision.

If this is either impossible, fair enough, I know it's mildly against the point of Klango, i only mentioned it sinse Utube is the only thing on there which has video.

Appologies for the questions.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-12-09 22:10:45

Dark wrote:

Well, sinse Fly aka masiek and other people using Klango are here, I thought I'd short cut and ask my questions.

1: How do I add a podcast audiobook to the media catalogue?

I can put in the url of the individual episodes and play them one by one, but surely this would just add each episode by itself, not the podcast as a hole?

unlesess the only way is to actually add each episode separately and then compile them, ---- though imho that seems a bit long winded.

I tried just adding the url of the page with the episodes on it, but Klango said "unsupported format"

This podcast you're adding needs to be a feed, not a web page. eg, it has a ".xml" at the end or it is a feed that is opened in a pod catcher, not all feeds have a .xml at the end. it won't recognize web sites. when you add a feed, it will land in the "waiting room," and then the "editor" I think it's called will move it into a propper category.

2: the microblogue thing. While it might be fun to make microblogue entries, i'd prefer them to be available generally online to anyone, irrispeictive of whether they have the Klango player or not, ---- sinse I'd actually quite like to write about various things, not just audio games related stuff (I do that enough here anyway), pluss post links etc, just as I could on facebook or similar. Is all this possible?

I tried opening my blogue's homepage in Ie, and got a "page not found" message, ---- though I admit, sinse I haven't quite worked out how the copy to clipboard option works in Klango, I could have mucked that up.

It works the same way as in windows, however selecting is confusing sometimes.

Also, I haven't made any blog entries yet, ----- does the page only get created when you make them?

I'm not sure on this one, never tried going into my web page.

3: Where is my recordings folder? I can't find it in the Klango directory at all.

on the desktop in the "klango" folder use the "profiles" shortcut.

I'd also be interested in being able to save audiobooks etc to my actual
audio folder which I've created on the C drive for that purpose, ---- is this possible?

not at the moment, that's something I'm hoping for to happen, which should be in the close future.

4: The sunny window program, ---- I can't even start it, let alone see what it does as the faq suggested. I press enter on it and nothing happens, ---- and i do find myself wondering if something has gone wrong there?

It's in development, you have this item there but it does nothing at the moment.
as for what it is, as far as I remember it's a text editor, web browser, email client and an instant messenger.

Lastly, At risk of going slightly off topic, I really like the utube search and play function, but it'd be sort of nice to get the video as well, ---- or at least have the option to. I know Klango is an audio environment, and as I said I love the media catalogue and such, but some of the things I use utube for, do require me to use my vision.

If this is either impossible, fair enough, I know it's mildly against the point of Klango, i only mentioned it sinse Utube is the only thing on there which has video.

Appologies for the questions.

No problem, I was glad to at least try and answer some, if not all.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2008-12-10 08:56:08

hi.

thanks for that one, the business about the media catalogue was confusing me indeed.

I've never really bothered with podcatching though, I just usually drop into the appropriate page and grab the audio from it, so I probably wouldn't have picked this one up.

After posting this question, i went to launch Klango from the desktop, and so discovered that that was a folder not just a shortcut, ----- woopse!

That also showed me A, where the profiles and recordings folders were, and B, that the url thing did work, ----- sinse I had the text coppied into that folder as a text file.

I then opened the url, and found yes I do have a blog page, which is nice.

the business about the sunny window also makes sense again, ----- thanks. I'll be interested to see how that works, especially in terms of brouser based games, ----- though being as many of those have interesting layouts, it might be a pest for Klango to handle, ----- though a unique client and program to run something like sryth, ---- or even just the various html gamebooks wuld be fun.

eddit: on the podcast angle, it's rather odd. I've seen series in the media catalogue from podiobooks.com, and yet checking the pages for a couple of entries I wanted to submit, i couldn't find any xml links at all.

Odd, ---- though maybe that's just because I've not yet registered for the site (which i ought to do).

How irritating!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)