2008-11-11 13:28:00

that's it! I surrender! I throw in the towel! the shear amount of newsage has defeated my mixed up titling ability utterly!

First up in this parade of newsage is Mr. Urven from lworks. Apparently new versions of his free games super Egghunt, see index page  and The great toy robbery see indexwith new sound, new scoreboards, new toys, and new amounts of debugulation are deffinately on the horizon.

also looming in the hopefully near future is Judgement day see index 1.5, which promises new trophies, more minigames, an joystick support. To keep up with the speeding Liam you can check out his castings of the pod here and his ventures into the blogulous world of Blogging here

Then, Mr. Ryan smith of Rs games is shooting da something again, with version 4.2 the freshly debuggified version of of Shoot Da me. You can Download it here and feel free to share your thoughts here, on our forum 

Then, there's a story we haven't heard from in a while, ---- Mota, and no I don't mean cars! the story is Tom ward has been doing some major work on this freshly upgraded game which used to be known as Montizuma's return. Now the setting is a fabled labyrinth in griece, with intrepid explorer Angela Carter making her way through dark and dangerous passages in search of the fabled Orb of Wisdom, ---- a holy relic of the Goddess Athena.

Defenses of the orb include everything people might remember from Montizuma's temple, ----- lava pits, fire walls, spikes etc, pluss some new nasties such as rolling rock traps, poisoned arrows and puzles to be solved.

then of course, the Labyrinth is far from empty, and with undead skeleton warriors, fire hurling centaues, and the incredibly angry harpies getting to the orb will not be easy, ----- especially as it's rumoured there's a Dragon guarding the treasure!

fortunately Doctor Carter has various things to help her on her way including guns and amo, swords and daggers, and even some arrows of her own.

apparently work on the game is progressing well and, ---- with the Grace of Athena permitting, there could be a playable public demo by Christmas.

Then, the gang over at Draconis have a hole bunch of news for us. Firstly, they appologies for anyone who's had trouble either reaching, or recieving licesne keys from them, sinse they had Gremlins in the E-mail servers. Said gremlins have however had a strong dose of sunlight, and so any e-mails you send to them now will most certainly reach their destination.

More intreaguingly, apparently they've also been in the developement business and have created a framework which lets them make newer, and more stable gams not only for windows (and that Even! counts Vista), but also for the Mac, and now any Maccessible games they release will have both Windows and Mac versions available. Speaking of new games, apparently we're going to see this new framework of theirs in action pretty soon, ---- first up will be a nice freeby game, following which they promis releases thick and fast, both completely new titles, and revamped, reeddited, revitalized and rejected versions of older games! these apparently won't just be more compatible with modern Pc's, but will also have new modes of play and sub games.

All in all, i can't wait!

Finally, Tristan Bussier has been busy mooing! not in the sense of turning into a cow (though he could well have done that), but in the sense of writing a Moo, an object orientated mud.

if mud and mooing and other dirty things you find on farms are up your street, you can check out this new creation Here on the cosmos site

Right then, hopefully that's it, and before anything else newsious crawls out of the metaphorical sewers, I'm now going to lie down and sooth my brused titling ability!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-11 23:54:43

Hmm looked at the Cosmos page, not really very helpful. It offers a client to download or connect via standard telnet, but doesn't give you address and port for if you're already set up for such games. It also doesn't give you any indications of it's theme beyond "A space based moo" and what its policies are regarding various issues common to the current space based moo(s) such as PVP, stranding, etc or how it's any different from them.

Personally I'm sadly disinclined to go onto a game without knowing anything about it beyond it's most basic genre.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-11-12 00:42:37

Not much was actually said on the audeasy list about what the game was like beyond a miner flame war reguarding whether it had pinched ideas and or code from Humanity moo or Miriani.

not having played either game, and not really wanting to get involved in the arguement, I decided to just forward the link and let people make up their own minds. i probably ought to have handed the link over to you Cx2, but to be honest I was stuck on a train with an overflowing in box and just wanted to get everything up, out and on the site asap to give me some breething space.

if the developer of cosmos can't write a sufficiently captivating intro to his game, ---- well that's unfortunately his look out. let us know if you do try the game though Cx2.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-12 02:15:20

Quite understandable Dark, I never mind. I don't consider anything to be my "territory".

Pinching ideas, probably but then Humanity was very much like Miriani too in some ways. It had a very similar space system. Code, certainly not from Miriani I believe but Humanity I can't speak for.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-11-12 05:06:40

Well i do usually prefer you to do the mud related stuff, sinse my experience with vip mud client convinced me that such things are beyond me, ----- at least until someone writes a sufficiently n00b friendly tutorial for the software.

though i also admit with all the other things I need to do, investigating muds is stil in my huge great "things to be done" pile.