2008-10-31 12:07:35

Well, the bad news today is sinse I haven't newsed for a while, there are several things to report upon today. You'll be pleased to here though, that the good news is that sinse I haven't newsed for a while, there are several! things to report upon today!

getting streight into it, Jim kitchin is up to his usual tricks, this time with ten new boards for Win monopoly (Index page ahoy!), all contained in the winmbfs3 file. New boards include aircraft, supercars, and the chance to buy up the city of stockholm. As always the kitchinsinc site is where it may be grabbed.

Next up, is a lovely litle gamebook esque project which yours truly has had his beady litle metaphorical eyeballs upon for a while, --- and yes, my metaphorical eyeballs are much! sharper than my real ones.

this is age of fable, a pure and simple adventuring fest of epic proportions. Firmly routed in the style of classic gamebooks like fighting fantasy and Lone wolf, you can pick a character type (or roll your own), and progress through an ever expanding world full of monsters, magic, and horrible ways to get your money stolen or your head removed. The game will handle all dice rolling for you, and best of all it's free!

You don't even have to register an account, just pop in and start playing streight away, --- to save your game, just add the page to your favourites, or click on one of the "save game" icons and type out the web address it gives you.

with new content added on a very! frequent basis, this is the perfect oppertunity for some major swashbuckling! And where may age of fable be found I here you metaphorically cry? right here!  I answer! and Here! is it's game page

Last on the list for today is yet more news from the lands of Arborell (game page pending). Because the Pdf version of the first book of haer'al, primer and guide to the elder tongue of Arborell was having major wars with various screen readers, Arborell's good game master has been kind enough to enscribe a version in Rtf rich text format, which should cooperate fully with all screen readers.

the book of haer'al can provide some great clues and extra information written in Arborell's eldest language throughout the gamebooks and other material, ---- and can also have you sounding like a hresh, ---- which is deffinately a bonus!

As always Here on the chronicals website is where you can learn this language!

Well, that's all news over for today, and (as the Hordim would put it),

:eron e' melas;ahda'kwe:

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)