2008-10-30 18:12:48

Hi Dark you're right, there just isn't enough hours in the day to play all these great games!  Last night when I was playing Liam I managed to get to spaceship level again without putting a foot wrong.  I decided to restart the whole thing again as I was on silver spaceship with only 1 life and about 20% health.  Had a bit of a run in with cycle bot, didn't jump high enough so kept getting bashed by his bike!!  Still got him in the end.  I've decided not to worry too much about how big a time bonus I get so long as I can get through the game alive. 
Raul is certainly a funny guy, I couldn't believe what he did in Sod!!  What a devil lol.  It totally sounds like something I'd do, just not to myself.  I constently return to them if I get stuck on a level or just want to hear someone else play it instead.  I much prefer audio walkthroughs, they're easier to follow lol.  One day I might have the courage to do some, but will have to wait until I can play without screaming or using the odd choice word.  From Kate.

out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

2008-10-31 09:44:08

well a bit of screaming or cursing would certainly make the walkthroughs entertaining, ---- at least for us, though probably not for you, lol!

Seriously, if you do reccord any walkthroughs please let us know, there are various places that would host them.

i do like audio walkthroughs myself, but the problem is they're a bit of a pest to do without the right equipment. I'd love to do some more for myself, but I really do prefer playing heavily sterrio games like Superliam or shades with headphones, and I've not yet discovered a way to reccord both my voice and the game at once, and use headphones.

Actually all i really need is a way of playing my voice through my Pc at the same time as the game, sinse I can do the actual recording with my r09, but I haven't found a workable solution as yet, and unfortunately there aren't many audio games which I'm completely happy playing on speakers.

Text walkthroughs can stil be informative though, even if their not quite as entertaining as the audio ones.

Taking your time on superliam is a good plan, especially checking pit edges, and waiting for lasers and falling coconuts, ---- afterall you can work on higher scores when you've actually finished the game.

With cycle bot, I've found that counting hits a good idea, five hits per round (assuming your really giving your control key some major abuse), then jump and hover to give him plenty of time to pass you.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-10-31 13:43:18

LOL. abuzing the control key ay? That aint all I abuze on my keyboard. I have to agree dark. then again, I'm lucky enough that if I went and picked up a mike, then I'll be set. recording two sound sorces is easy enough for my desktop, but ask my laptop to do that and it won't or at least not that I know of. Is this game vista compatible? I would ask the same about JD, but this isn't the topic for that. Got a bad feeling that MS might have dropped VB. Hope I'm wrong.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-10-31 15:13:06

hmmm, I thought Liam's games were vista compatible, but i'm not certain, ---- check the lworks site. I'm afraid I'm stil running Xp.

I have considdered getting some audio software to reccord with, especially sinse my new desktop could deffinately manage it, but it's in that big pile of things I need to do, and that big pile just doesn't! get any smaller ever!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-10-31 15:31:28

Then, when I can, I'll take the demo over to the laptop and give it a shot. I know I'm running the full version on the desktop, but it isn't worth getting a key for a computer that it won't play on if it doesn't play.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-10-31 20:25:41

Hi if anyone else has gone onto www.asmodean.net for the audio game walkthroughs hThere seems to be a problem playing them.  I downloaded the shades of doom wma walkthrough and it's saying temprey directory?  Does anyone have any idea what that's all about?  I don't even think it's letting the files play on the actual page.  I've never had that come up before lol.  Thanks from Kate.

2008-10-31 21:08:32

Hi Kate.

firstly, though the game audio was originally hosted on raul's own site Asmodian.net, their actually archived by Liam Urvan, and can be found here (thanks to Pitermatch for reminding me of this link).

the various formats of shades walkthroughs are actually all contained in zipped folders, so you'll need to download and unzip them first before playing them.

to do this, select "save" when the file download box comes up, and save it onto your harddrive.

then (if your using Windows xp), right click or use the application key on the folder and select "extract all" then follow the wizard, ---- assuming of course you haven't already got an unzipping program of your own like winzip, win ra or 7zip (my personal favourite).

hth.

2008-11-02 12:19:53

i have a new idea concerning Super Liam.  Is there a way to use game cheater or poke to increase the amount of enimies?  It would be cool on the lava lake act 2 level to have say 300 dogs or something like that.  Just trying to find a way to make the game harder as I can beat it every time with out cheats.  So, if anyone know please write back!

2008-11-02 12:27:56

Hey another question.  You know how in micor soft word or something if you hold down an arrow key for example Jaws or windo eyes will keep moving in that direction.  Lets say you hold down the right one jaws will keep reading one letter at a time to the right.  I know that all games have disabeled this but is there a program that will allow you to do this in any game?  like In Super Liam it would be cool to jump 30 feet or so you know.  Please let me know, hope my writing isn't to bad this early in the morning, jsut cannot sleep anymore.

2008-11-09 22:45:27

Hi I found I was having some difficulty in the Silver Spaceship of Liam, so I went back and started the game over again.  I'm having lots of fun playing, but I don't know if anyone else would agree that Lava Lake levels are the hardest to play?  I have just completed act 2, and took so long I didn't even get a time bonus!  I think I need to have more faith in my jumping skills lol!  Oh what I wouldn't give to skip that whole level!  When I'm running away from the volcano in the boss level, I tend to stop if I have to shoot something, so I end up losing time.  If it was just a case of running away from the Volcano it would be fine lol.  From Kate.

2008-11-10 08:43:53

a quick to move faster is to keep jumping over and over again if you have a good trigger finger you can move quite fast.  I know that the lava lake levels are not to hard but I always think of odd cheats like that

2008-11-10 09:35:41

I personally prefer constant running to constant jumping, sinse I always end up jumping down a hot pit by mistake, lol! but to each their own.

Kate, one crucially important thing to remember in superliam is that you can run and shoot at the same time, and you don't lose points for missed shots. It's quite okay to just peg it along hammering the control key, to prepare for any enemies you come across. Doing this you can generally moe down most things even on a level like Lava lake.

2008-11-10 23:06:40

is there any way to increase the amount of enimies using poke or game cheater?  I just think it would be cool

2008-11-11 04:02:18

From what I know of how such things work, i'd guess not, sinse there would be far more variables involved in the number of enemies than simply one numeric variable which you could increase.

their locations, and possibly their aggression would be hard wired into the levels of the game, rather than simply being duplicated.

don't quote me on this, I'm not a programmer and certainly haven't taken superliam apart to look at the code (and it probably wouldn't mean anything to me if I did), but from playing the game, this is my thought.

2008-11-11 04:18:57

ok well then is there a way to do a long jump by finding a way to hold down the righ arrow key or use poke to make it so you move two swuares for every one tap?  I realize the dangers but just trying to spice up the game a little.

2008-11-11 11:02:11

Hmmm, if poke has some sort of "autofire" function, that could be possible, ----- though likely it'd also make you run super fast as well.

2008-11-11 16:02:58

the faster you run the faster you get there. Is there any way to find this auto fire function?  its similar to a terbo controler for main stream games you would turn a certain swithc on the controler and it would press the button faster then any human could possibly do and all you had to do was hold the button in question.  Oh yeah Dark... the lite cars cheat on the audio games website doesn't work anymore just wanted to let you know.

2008-11-11 16:50:51

there's no autofire function in superliam, i just assumed that programs like Poke would have one, sinse it's a pretty obvious, ---- and easy to set up cheat. As you said yourself Nikos, game controllers have had such things going right back to the late 80's.

As to the cheats, thanks for the report, ---- though i'm not sure on editing those pages yet. thus far eddit effortts have been concentrated on getting the database into a reasonable state.

2008-11-12 02:20:41

in terms of the date base your doing a great job on that.  I'll just have to figure the auto fire function in poke not sure what numbers to type or anything but.

2008-11-12 05:12:26

In fairly standard keyboard scripting, curser keys are listed as 39 for right, 40 for down, 38 for left, and 37 for up.

it'll depend upon whatever language Liam wrote the game in of course, but you could start with looking for those.

hth.

2008-11-12 08:34:36

thanks I'll try that out.

2008-12-07 15:50:34

Well at the moment I am having to re-boot my whole computer system because of a bug which made me loose all my stuff!!  I have tried entering my product keys for both Liam and Judgment day and for some reason they arn't working!  Are they case sensitive?  it's frustrating as I'd just gotten passed the Valcano escape one and no more!  sad

2008-12-07 19:25:10

no they are not email liam with your old key and ask for a new one.

2008-12-08 02:35:37

As Liam has recently got a new job, and is having trouble responding to E-mail, I'd make absolutely certain first that your old keys will not work after the reboot, sinse it might take a while to get you new keys at the moment.

I'm stil waiting for new keys for bothe Superliam and judgement day myself for my new desktop.
Personally, I always copy and paste product keys rather than type them manually, just to be completely certain I've got them correct.

Eddit:

Okay, I mentioned this to Liam on the audeasy mailing list, and he has asked that people please contact him at the address [email protected] which he is able to check more easily at the moment than the Lworks ones.

So, I suggest you E-mail him on that Kate.

2008-12-08 15:24:20

Yep, write to [email protected]. That's probably most likely to get you a response at the moment. Of course Liam did also say that if juggling work and game development got to be too much of a problem he might have to shut L-Works down. Keep in mind that right now MIGHT is the key word here. He's said nothing definite yet. He just warned us on Audyssey that the possibility is there. With any luck though if it does come to that he'll make it possible for people to still get his games the way Philip did with the old PB-Games titles.
  Ah yes, Turbo controllers. I have an old NES, the one I got when I was nine in fact, and the NES Advantage controller I got about a year later. I remember it well because for the same Christmas I also received Super Mario Bros. II, Ghostbusters II for the NES and the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie on VHS. Granted I don't use the Advantage much simply because the controller is extremely bulky, but it is kinda cool. I remember that the turbo setting is customizable. Above the A and B buttons there are two oblong buttons, one assigned to each of the main buttons. So you can have the B button's turbo function active while leaving the A button unaffected. Then there were also two knobs that adjusted the turbo speed. In action games with really tough boss fights that certainly could make life a lot easier. Then there was also a Slow button below the Start button, although I never understood just why that was included. It had the same effect that rapidly and constantly pressing the Start button on a regular NES controller would have, assuming of course that the Start button had a use in the current game. The difference was that it was considerably faster than any human could press the button. Again, in action games it often meant that in boss fights you could get out of the way of their attacks faster. The down side was that if Start acted as the pause button and the game in question happened to have a pause tone sound, you'd be hearing that constantly, albeit often at an incredibly fast rate of speed. Ah, childhood memories.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!