2018-10-07 08:36:31 (edited by sunshine 2018-10-07 09:40:47)

Hey folks,
I recently decided to try out linux OS. Now, I know there are many many accessible linux distros out there like jennux, accessible-coconut, and so on so fourth. but I want to try my most favourite one, kali. Now, what I need is a precise set of instructions to install it without sighted assistance and configure it for full accessibility as well as security and penetration testing.
Note: I need to install it alongside my windows10 OS, so it'll run in duel-boot mode.
Help would be appreciated, thanks.

2018-10-07 08:59:21

hmmm. I have a friend that could help you with that. i'll ask him and see what can be done.

2018-10-07 12:50:33

Ordinarily I'd say get an installation of vagrant or docker running along side your host OS and disable the GUI. That's what I've been doing lately, as most programs included in kali that are actually worth using contain a CLI. I also posted instructions for getting up and running on vmware, they unfortunately can no longer be found do to the recent loss of posts though and it was quite a lot to write out.
But I suppose that wasn't the question. big_smile

Before you do anything, backup important data just in case your system decides to bite the dust. I speak from experience, one accidental command is one accidental command you'll be living with for months!

With that aside, you should be able to follow the instructions on kali.org with one exception. When your in the grub bootloader, press S to get speech throughout setup.
HTH

2018-10-07 14:26:09

So what you mean to say is, press s in twhen the setup boots and it will give me speech? OK, I will follow the instructions given there, but what did you say about grub bootloader?

2018-10-07 15:51:33 (edited by sunshine 2018-10-07 15:56:35)

I'm short of a qt package to make qt based applications with GUI interfaces  accessible with orca. how do I get it after installation?

2018-10-07 16:31:21

Which version of Kali are you running, as the very latest Orca handles QT apps fine....though if you're using an older build of Kali, have you exported the variables about qt_accessibility being on and exported the other variable...don't recall which one it is off the top of my head.

Also, what exactly is Jennux? I wanted to Google that and got results about donkeys. I'd also say grab a Coconut/Ubuntu Mate (at this point they're the same thing) live image, throw that in a VM and install the pen testing stuff in a VM to ensure it works fine.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-10-07 20:41:13

I got the latest Kali, Kali 2018.3A, which was recently released in august 2018. And jennux is a blackarch-based linux OS found here