2018-10-02 15:44:11

Hi all.
I downloaded talking dosbox a while ago.
But as per the usual for my stupid brain, i can't, for the life of me, figure out how to launch games.
Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to launch and play these highly reguarded games?
PS
Can dark please cast the pod on a hero's call?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-10-02 18:32:34

mount your game dir on launch then run normal DOS commands.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-03 03:48:27

I don’t know how to use DOS commands. I’m not that old, LOL.

2018-10-03 04:39:49

Mount my what?  On what drive?

2018-10-03 06:46:23

I need someone to hold my hand LOL. In other words, I’m stupid when it comes to these things. Especially things from 1750 6, lol.

2018-10-03 18:13:29

Please can someone help? I don’t want to spam this topic, but I really would like to play these games. I know absolutely nothing about this operating system. Or how to mount the directories. Please can someone help?

2018-10-04 15:46:59

Hi, I'll try to help you get started, although I'm not really good at dos commands either, but navigating through folders isn't that hard.
I am not sure witch version of Talking-dosbox you have downloaded, I have the one that comes with win3.1 and window eyes. That's irrelavant at this point, but the reason why i'm saying this is because you need to install something called Com0com, that may, or may not, be packaged with the version you have. In my case, it was.  Com0com  is a serial port emulator that makes the screen reader we're going to be using think that there's a Braille en speak connected to your computer. I think there's steps in the readme file that comes with the package to help you set that up.
If you have set it up already, or you find the instructions and can folow them, we can continue and actually  play some stuff. Or perhaps, if there's anything wrong, let me know and I'll try to help.

2018-10-04 17:41:57 (edited by RTT entertainment 2018-10-04 17:54:41)

Hi.
At post7, thank you! I will try to set it up right now!
I will edit the post if i have a problem, and thanks again.
So i tried to install com 0 com and i seem to be getting errors.
There is then a try again button and a continu button.
Trying again doesn't seem to work.
Continuing installs it, but i can't find the executable.
Thanks.
I can't coppy the errors.

2018-10-04 19:56:24

Hmm, this is strange. Are you sure you ran the right setup program for the version of windows you have? x86 or x64?
In my case, the config program should be at, c:\program files(x86)\Com0com\setup(G).exe. I put the parenthesis there to differenciate it from setup(C).exe, witch is the command line version.
I hope some of that helped... Tell me if you have found the executable. If not, perhaps coppying the errors could be done most of the time by pressing ctrl+C, but if that doesn't work, you can always use object navigation to find out what it is and copy it that way.

2018-10-04 20:31:02

This is what i get while installing com 0 com.
---------------------------
Setup for com0com (PREINSTALL)
SetupCopyOEMInf(C:\Program Files (x86)\com0com\com0com.inf)
ERROR: 0xE000022F -

OK   
What should i do?

2018-10-05 09:49:52

Are we going to use asap?