2018-09-25 07:01:14

Yes, that is what I am searching for now.

The genre is irrelevant.
Fantasy, sci-fi, futuristic, horror, strategy, adventure, survival, whatever.

The type is also irrelevant.
Can be online or offline, an audio or textual game, a browser based one, or a MUD, doesn't matter this time.

All what matters is, that it features looots of free, non-linear exploration, where one can freely move around a huge, or vast world, without any limitations or restriction, and explore, just explore, all the time!
By non linear I mean without an obligatory main story-line to follow.
It can still have a main story line, but without it being obligatory to follow, in a predifined order.

So, what I seek is constantly discovering new terrain, objects, buildings, shops, NPCs, creatures, items, gear, enviroment, perks, bonuses, events, descriptions, etc, but again, without any territorial or level-based limitations or restrictions.
So: In "explore the unknown" style!

Oh yeah, and it should be for PC and Windows, so games for IOS devices are totally excluded.

Any suggestions?

(sorry, can't help it, I have a heart of an explorer, LOL)

2018-09-25 07:13:34

well. in audiogame the most similar game is a hero's call. it's map is not too big compared to mainstream games like zelda breath of the wild, but it is a good game. also there is alter aeon, a great mud.

2018-09-25 07:22:22 (edited by Caccio72 2018-09-25 07:25:06)

Currently, the closest accessible game to my target I can remember is Survive The Wild.
Its open-end, non-linear gameplay also suits my expectations perfectly.
My problem with it is however, that it is a bit too much concentrated on crafting.
I seek a game, which is a bit less focused on crafting, and even more on exploration.

Sure, it can feature some crafting, but its dominant aspect should still be exploration.

Yeah, A Hero's Call is a good one too, I was playing it for months, but after reaching a certain level, and after exploring almost the whole game-map, it became a bit too easy and boring to me.

2018-09-25 12:02:58

this one could be you like to, clok, i do remember you said in  top 5 muds toplic. it's very good, although you still have to raise your skills.
many space muds, you have the freetime to choice what you want to do, but the leveling up still a bit linebase, rank, points something like that. cr, star conquest, miriani,fed2
many cyper mud have xp, as i say, you  still have to raise your skills, hellmoo, simdome.
most fandisy theme muds are level and class base as i see.

2018-09-25 12:25:46

what about textspaced? there's a thread about it on the new releases forum it's a little way down but it is on page 1

2018-09-25 18:01:25

As for MUDs, I did try each suggested one, the main problem usually was, that those level based ones have most often strict limitations/restrictions, while those skill-based ones have too few regular, active players left.

When it's about MUDs, the number of regular players is of great importance to me, playing an online game without a numerous enough human competition is no fun for me.
Games like Clok, Geas, Armageddon, or Diskworld would suit my expectations well, but when there is almost no one to compete with...than I rather play a single player offline game instead, if it offers the same type of entertainment.
Ok, Discworld was an exception, it does have a large enough community, at least compared to the average MUD player base nowadays...I have played it for almost a year, and I may restart it again.

But please, do keep on with your advices, you are definitely getting closer to the type of game I seek!

As for that Textspaced...this is the very 1st time I hear of it, I shall check it out right now!

2018-09-26 04:44:42

Woww, that Textspaced game looks just like something I was searching and hoping for!
(playing it with my FB account of course)

Many thanks!!!

2018-09-26 06:08:23 (edited by Caccio72 2018-09-26 17:37:13)

Jesus guys, this game is...FANTASTIC!!!

Never thought I will find my dream-game on...Facebook!

I shall play it the whole fucking day, spend all my vast spare time with it!

Just explore, and explore...

Darren, I swear, if my financial situation wouldn't be this...modest, I would reward you with real money for this one!!!

2018-09-26 06:12:27

Sorry for this oversensitive outburst, but I was dreaming of such a game over many many years, decades even!

And being able to play it blind...just...WOOOWWW!!!

2018-09-26 09:54:21

it's certainly 1 of the better ones for sure i agree with you.

2018-09-26 12:33:09

Yeahhh, I have already started exploring new planets, and got awarded for my discoveries 100k...right on my 1st day!
Plus, the step-by-step descriptions of the exploration are also very interesting, not to mention the vast size of the universe, large number of ship types, many active players online, with all the PvP possibilities...I really couldn't ask for more!
And it is perfectly, 100% accessible!

To the hell with Elite, Eve, Ashes Of Angels, and Star traders, this game beats all, by a mile even!
Hell, it even has a live and active chat on Discort...
And is still in beta phase, just imagine how the final version will look like!

2018-09-26 13:20:54

is discord accessible now? the last time i tried it i had major issues with it.

2018-09-26 17:40:17

Well, I have absolutely no problems chatting on it...but that may be a platform-related issue.

2018-09-26 17:54:50

what do you use in terms of accessing it

2018-09-26 23:36:02

NVDA, a desktop PC with Windows 10, and Google Chrome browser.

2018-09-27 00:12:21

same here. ok i might give that a go then sometime soon.

2018-09-28 06:59:57

Guys, I really got seriously addicted to that game,  I simply can't stop playing it, almost over 2 whole days now, I barely even sleep!!!

2018-10-01 02:38:17

Still cannot stop playing Text Spaced...have totally neglected ALL other games I was playing, including WEBL, my (ex) number 1 favorite game...until I joined this one!

2018-10-01 07:02:30

What's WEBL?

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2018-10-12 05:56:58

The Web Boxing League, an online browser MMO, of a boxing manager genre.

It requires lots of careful planning, meaning the strategies of your fighters for their upcoming fights, and it has an interesting commentary of those.