2018-09-28 01:37:44

Are you sure ready set go works as it should? I hear a little beep which I assume is when the time starts. If I wait, I hear 2 more beeps and then it tells me too late. So, I try pressing space on the second one, but it's only 1.80 seconds at best, and waiting 1 second isn't really possible cause it will be too late. Either this game is broken or I just don't do things right.

2018-09-28 14:12:29

its not broken. You jst need to be very exact in this game big_smile
1.80 seconds means you need to wait 20 milliseconds.

at eliza: It shouldn't be broken nor stop, let's skype or whatever and we'll figure it out.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-09-28 14:37:50

Pressing space on exactly 3 seconds is actually incredibly difficult, and even with skill, there is plenty of room to get too excited. Just be patient with it. It's probably part of the reason why it generates so many beatcoins if you get a good score. On a related note, if you can control this, I would make it so that the speech shuts up when you hit enter for the next round in ready set go. I'm starting to treat this game like Oh Shit in that sense. Lol!

2018-09-29 01:24:04

The game is suuuuper addicting after I figured it out. Such a random and simple game and I keep playing it.

2018-09-30 14:09:33

Hi all,
Here is an audio demo of an upcoming minigame. Really cool stuff because, the more packs you have, the harder it gets.
http://oriolgomez.com/gq.mp3

2018-09-30 14:38:58 (edited by Nikola 2018-09-30 14:39:40)

Hey, this is great idea! I guess you should disallow playing this though if you have less than 20 packs or something like that. Also, I hope it gives beatcoins.

2018-09-30 14:52:25

i have it disallowed to play unless you have at least 5 packs unlocked...
why beatcoins? there are already enough things that give beatcoins. What do you suggest?

2018-10-02 18:21:43

Hi.
Wow, nice game, oriol! I suggest some more things that give... I don't know how you call them, but in spanish are called antifallos. Those are not delt more often than beatcoins

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2018-10-02 22:03:21

Hi.
Is it possible to change a default folder for game save and beatpacks.
I see that all soundpacks are in my user's catalog.
If it is a portable version it should store my data in the same directory where the portable version has been installed/unpacked

2018-10-03 15:45:48

Hi:
Is it possible to change a default folder for game save and beatpacks.
I see that all soundpacks are in my user's catalog.
Yes, it will be possible in the next version. smile

2018-10-05 13:59:12

How do you get the update? Do you just go to the App Store? Just want to make sure, because every app is different to get updates.

”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 verse 13
If you want to message me, send me a message using the forum email,  since I do not check my private messages that much.  I also have a TeamTalk server. Message me if you would like to have an account on my server

2018-10-05 14:51:48

hi.
What? to the appstore? actually no, you don't. Just go to oriolgomez.com and download the thing from there

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2018-10-06 16:03:09

yeah guys but the update with the new game isn't there yet.

2018-12-13 21:14:05

Hi all!
Beatstar 4 is out, with the following changes:
Version 4.0
You can now change the voice that the game will use. It will show voices belonging to  the language the game is set to, and will change to the first available voice of the language you select, if you change it. It supports English and Spanish, because so far there haven't been any other translations from players.

Text to speech delay has been greatly reduced.
Fixed another potential issue regarding game delays that had to do with  loading more levels than it should.
You can now change the language from the main menu, because why not?
You can now relocate your beatstar packs library to an external drive, yay!
It is recommended that your beatpacks folder is either on your internal drive or an ssd external drive.
TTS Speech now stops when an option in the main menu is selected.
Fixed a bad problem with playSync
Added new minigame pack quizz.
I have been fixing beatstar's functions for catching key presses. Hopefully this will result in much less CPU use and more precise key timings (there used to be some problems with mac computers).
The safeguard use sound now changesin pitch  depending on how many safeguards you have left. cool.
Updated electron binaries to 3.0.