2008-09-27 14:50:41

hello all. i have yahoo messenger! my nick is: [email protected] so add ad add add add add !!!!! and!!!!!! write!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will unswer!!!!!!!!!!!!

f.a.t.h.e.r

2008-09-29 09:00:35

Sorry. Are you a spambot? I don't think you are when you have wrote 20 messages, but your message looks like spam. Do you have MSN as well?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-09-29 09:47:12

no, this isn't a spambot, it's a member, who just wants a cchat i think. (why I left the post in and didn't delete it far earlier).

slj, while I agree we've been having a spambot issue recently, might i suggest a litle tact and politeness to members might help.

Ever heard the phrase always inocent until proven guilty?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-09-29 15:57:21

hi slj. i have an msn: [email protected] skipe: bucklee12 write me! and we will speak!

f.a.t.h.e.r

2008-09-30 00:31:09

not a spambot, but a little curious about this topic

Connor

2008-09-30 09:06:36

Okay. I'm sorry. I thought it was spam.
I have heard about these spam-robots you can add to your MSN, and then they begin to send viruses and they can even remotely control your computer!

Duclee12: I've added you to my MSN addresses.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-10-03 08:35:35

my suggestion here is if the user has made more posts check out if the other posts of that user are spam too.

2008-10-04 03:11:47

Good suggestion Arjan, and yes I know of such an instance where someone's computer was taken over via Skype, this guy did a chat with this other guy, and one dude asked the other participant for his MSN, which he gave, and we were all sent some "Click here for bla!" message, which of course, as far as I know, nobody clicked. But it shows you the power of what malicious people can do.

Speaking of maliciousness, if anyone goes to a website and sees a popup for NortanAntivirus2009 or whatever it is, don't click it because, in the words of Leo Laporte: "It's nasty, and even lets other trojans in."

So, do watch out. Not directly related to this topic, but still. Also to prove someone is a spam bot, look at their username most have names like Edszxjjjr4h5340043EWUFGGFr etc etc etc.

2008-10-04 13:16:25

Andy, you take a listen to his show too? Anyway, I don't click links that I receive or open unknown files either. I don't know about yall, but I usely don't poast my MSN, yahoo or email detail out in forms and stuff where everyone can see it. bucklee12 it sounds like you want a chat, but I would much rather get to know you a little better before adding. nothing against you at all. I guess I a little  to....
yall might want to be awhere of some of these fake emails going around telling you that some account of yours been packed or something. Forgot the exzack email, but I know someone who received it and was fixing to click on the link before asking what it was.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-10-04 16:29:31

Yep, CW on my BraillePlus I have his entire Twit network. Only ones I don't really have an interest in are the MAC Break Weekly, Munchcast and some other cast which I cannot remember the name of. Net At Night, nah not a big fan of that one either. All the rest, very nice. And, again in the words of Leo:

Do not open email atachments, do not go to an untrusted site, do not download files without knowing what they do/can do to your system, and never, ever, ever ever ever click links in emails.

Also, I get emails like that as well, if an email address is on a forum for 2 hours even spammers will harvest it and once one spammer has it, they've all got it--even the phishers.

2008-10-04 17:40:12

Also make sure your email client has the preview pane turned off, otherwise when you move to the message in the list it automatically opens to display in the preview pane. And don't open emails from people you don't know unless their subject matches something you are expecting, say from a company or organisation you have been in touch with. Mozilla Thunderbird and up to date antivirus helps too.

Myself I find spampal works quite nicely when set up right.

I personally only give my details out to people I trust, I only have two people on MSN and only start Skype when I've arranged to talk with someone by other means.

Cough sorry for the off topic.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-10-04 23:39:17

Know how that is. Preview pain is the first I disable. I'm also in the habbit of sending emails in text form instead of HTML. Skype is also something I don't use much, because of a few reasons. First I'm on dial up alot of the time and there isn't really anyone I wanted to talk to that I couldn't call on the phone. Sorry about the off topic. bucklee12, it's alright with me if you give out the info, but I'll sit back and let others do the chatting until I'm satisfied that you are someone I wish to have on my messadgeing list. Please take no afence if I don't add you.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral