2018-08-14 22:50:35 (edited by sunshine 2018-08-15 13:55:30)

Hi fokes,
I installed NVDA add-on ultra elequence today. Now I am facing some issues like: it crashes whenever specific words like Mc-Jugger-nuggets (without dashes) are encountered, after installing American dictionary it says "LOL"="L o L", "rofl"="rofull". And so on. Well these are not much the issue here but the main issue is that word. Can anyone give me solution to rectify this? It always restarts regardless of backquotes are enabled or not. Thanks a lot.

2018-08-15 00:07:39

yup, that's an ultra specific crash code. I'm hoping you didn't spell it out exactly, otherwise it will crash all ultra users. as I'm not an ultra user myself, fortunately, I can't verify whether the spelling was exact. in short, you could add that word in the pronunciation dictionary, and add a replacement of that word using spaces.

2018-08-15 02:05:29

What a weird crash word, and, no, I checked, and it's definitely spelled as one word. You may want to edit your post and add some spaces in there so that you don't unwittingly crash other people's Eloquence.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-08-15 02:59:09

it is a bug that resides in the root dictionary and can be rectified by removing the entry in root.dic. I didn't put the entry there and I wonder why of all entries that one died. I need to make a recompile of it, but I'd probably integrate YATES first and that'll most likely never happen.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-08-15 13:54:19

How can I modify that in the pronunciation dictionary can you tell me the steps to do that? And @post2 and @post3, sorry about that. I've modified that crashword now.

2018-08-15 18:09:19

%appdata%\NVDA\addons\eloquence\synth-drivers\eloquence\root.dic, browse there I probably got some of that wrong. Open it with notepad and remove the entry for that, search nugget or something.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.