2018-08-14 22:01:38

Hi All, just a quick question.

I know that WOW is not out of the box accessible, nor do the devs have any intention of working with the blind community to make it so. Which is fine, I'll cut my losses. But I recently stumbled across an article where a blind gamer was able to play the game. Of course he had many add-ons and various adjustments to make it even remotely playable, and he can't play the game independently especially in regards to questing or completing game content, but for raids he can hold his own without issue.

So to make a long story short, I would like to know if anyone plays it, and if so how you have managed to do so. I have links on links on links with regard to add-ons and adjustments to make for VI Optimization, but no actual tutorials or people willing to discuss the issue over Skype or anyone that has a youtube tutorial.

Thanks community, looking forward to hearing some feedback, minus the trolling.

2018-08-15 06:46:50

hello! sometimes i play wow. if you have sighted friend  which will play with you. if he will guide you,you can play  several classes such as  shaman,warrior, now it's not possible navigate in quests without friend

2018-08-15 08:11:53

I remember there being a project called "blind warcraft' a few years ago. They had some good stuff going, a website with links for wow add ons and descriptions of what they did, the site was also planned to have a forum and things like that. They actually showed a demo on youtube of someone talking to various npcs, and somehow they had the npc dialogue read out by tts. Unfortunately, right after posting this, they went silent, which is quite a shame. I think there are some guilds in the game that are dedicated to help blind people quest, though from my personal viewpoint, if I have to run around with a guide constantly, that's not how I would describe a fun gaming experience, so until something comes up that lets me play mostly or entirely independently, I'll give the wow subscription a pass.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-08-15 08:48:24

even if you can play it,  the game sucks  try making elder scrolls  online accessible maybe??? that's the real mmo rpg

2018-08-15 14:21:01

I play Diablo three on my xbox and while you can't figure out where to go on the map enemies can be located by sound. so that's kind of fun for about 20 minutes lol.