2018-08-14 02:33:47

Hello all...
I've never seen this question being asked, so I figured I would ask myself. Why do you or will you have to pay for the game? Now before everyone starts coming on here claiming that I'm an entitled brat who's against paying for games, allow me to explain. As everyone probably knows by now, Tomb Hunter was made by Thomas Ward, who died sometime in 2014 I believe. Sometime after that, Mason began remaking the game in an attempt to make it what it was going to become. Instead, the story line, character, and even the tomb is completely different. This leads me to believe that he just wanted to create something based off of the idea of hunting for treasure in a great bit tomb, reuse the title of the game because he couldn't come up with another name, and sell it for a quick buck. I'm not saying he's definitely doing that, but I have a hard time believing otherwise. Even if this isn't the case, I'm still against charging for it because I don't think it's right to charge for ideas that you didn't even get permission to remake in the first place. Having said this, however, I'd like people to tell me if there's something I'm missing here, because I honestly don't know.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-08-14 03:08:14

It would be cool if Mason would add the female from the original game.
And even adding a storyline to the game as well.

With that being said I am looking forward getting the game.
When I use to have sight I use to play the Tomb raider games and the Indiana Jones games.
One thing that was nice about those game was the story and voice acting that was in the games.

2018-08-14 03:10:38

Putting Angela Cater into the game is probably not one of mason's intentions. Not only is that not his own character, but the original voice actor is probably not around this forum.

2018-08-14 03:14:35

She wouldn't have to be, who says there have to be fully voiced cut scenes? Plus, he already took the hole name and idea of the game, why can't he have Angela in the game too?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-08-14 08:16:31

actually, the original tomb hunter, the one USA games mota got enspired from (yes there was a game like that) was monti from alchemy game studios. That thing didn't have much of anything in terms of a story, and the character was male.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-08-14 08:52:54

True that Thomas ward got the idea of the game from alchemy, but he originally wanted it to be similar to Tomb Raider rather than monti from what I heard. His story bit and even the levels made way more sense than what I see in Mason's version of Tomb Hunter.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-08-14 14:05:51

Thomas may have wanted that, but since mason seams to be basing his game off the alchemy th, you could safely say that the tombra raider mechanics have fallen to the wayside. If mason doesn't want his game to work that way, he's the one who decides. You as the potential customer can either buy it and enjoy, or refrain from making a purchase because you don't like the way the game works.

2018-08-14 18:51:06 (edited by ogomez92 2018-08-14 18:53:11)

@#1: You are an entitled brat who's against paying for games. big_smile

First of all, as much as tomb hunter might have been based in whatever game, the sounds are different.
Secondly, MOTA was a paid game anyway, so what makes you think that Mason wouldn't charge for a different game with many more levels?
Thirdly, just sign up for the giveaway contest if you can't pay.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-08-14 20:36:06

I don't even know if i want to buy the game. I kind of want to see a demo with the new features before i buy it.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-08-14 21:14:36

There is a playable demo you can obtain.

2018-08-15 12:18:12

@1: I absolutely agree with you. Plus, if the demo that was released is showing how the full game will be, then it is not worth 30, or even 15 bucks.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-08-15 13:16:44

Well yeah, I will suport the developer when I can, now I am out of money, but probably later, when I will get payed for my work.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-08-15 13:26:36

lol the demo doesn't show much of the later content. It's kind of like the gate in that respect, where just about every level introduces something new. Ever thought you'd have to get past a robot security system, blow up cars, and put out large fires while tomb exploring? I don't think so.
Also mason please don't kill me for spoiling that lol.

2018-08-15 15:17:51

Well, he could have Extended the demo to Show some of the really cool stuff in the game. Pair that with a better jumping System and everything would be fine.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-08-15 16:44:28

if he would have extended the demo even more, what would the point of buying have been? I think the first 6 levels are fine, considering that every new level introduces something new, you can surmise that this continues past level 6.

2018-08-15 16:53:19

@1 since you don't know Mason's intentions, and there isn't enough evidence to make claims about his ripping off an idea, its best not to speculate. He could be trying to carry on that legacy, who knows. And, anyone who puts that much work in should be able to charge for it, you're getting entertainment, value for value.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united