2018-08-09 03:05:31

Hello everyone,
So lately I've been having issues with Firefox. I recently upgraded to Firefox quantum to fix the issue, but it's coming back and I have no idea why. Downloads simply aren't working. They'll get to about 40 percent and say maybe ten or so seconds left and just won't download anymore. I checked and my downloads work fine on Microsoft edge and Google Chrome. So what's the issue here, I wonder? Anyone able to help? Thanks.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-08-09 04:49:57

I've noticed that too sometimes.

It'll be downloading then just sit there.

What I do is find the file in my list of downloads and just hit enter on it.

Most of the time it'll just continue the download.

I'm using nightly builds so I thought that might be the issue, but judging from your post it isn't.

I'd love to know the cause of this as well.

2018-08-10 05:04:34

I'm pushing this to the top of the list, but also saying I'm still having these problems.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-08-11 22:29:55

Further updates: Someone had me download XDM, which is inaccessible... And doesn't seem to be solving my problem. Any help? Any accessible download managers? At all?

2018-08-12 00:18:23

There's Internet Download Manager, which isn't free, but is very good. I use it every day, and I don't even have this issue, having switched from Firefox to Chrome some time ago. Free Download Manager exists, but I don't think the latest versions are accessible anymore.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-08-12 01:42:48

I'm almost convinced now that it's just my network because anything bigger than... say... 50 MB has this issue. I don't understand though, ping speeds and the like are still fantastic. Are downloads managed differently than gaming somehow?

2018-08-12 03:51:27

Free download manager is accessible, however you need to rout the mouse to the navigator object and click.

I don't know why programs that feel like a webpage have this issue but they do.

Resilio sync has the same issue.

I can't really explain how to use it, because it took me some fiddling around to get use to the thing.

Resilio Sync was the same.

A few versions back, that wasn't even usable, you had to run it as a service and access it through your web browser.

Now, thankfully that's no longer needed.