2018-08-07 12:57:06 (edited by grryfindore 2018-08-08 03:25:13)

Hi,
I have basicly lost track what with all this certain version of jaws working with a certain version of ff and win10 that which version of firefoxshould one go for if one is using jaws 18 and wants access to this website?
I am using ff52 ESR after I had to reinstall a complete new copy of win10 because it had slowed everything down on my mbp but that's a different topic entirely.
Writing this on internet explorer 11,which obviously I don't want to use.
With firefox ESR 52, whenever I try to access this website, first it waits for a minute to load a page and says this website is offline...
Which obviously isn't true unless IE has been taking me for a ride all this time (dam I hope not) tongue
Any ideas? suggestions?

TLDR; jaws 18, no money for 2018 would rather not use it anyway its so slow, win10 64bit and I'd like a version of firefox that works with this website and jaws well,without issues.
Thanks!
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-08-07 13:11:28

Greetings!

Your best options for getting around this situation, are the following:

1. Water Fox:
https://www.waterfoxproject.org
2. Sea Monkey:
http://seamonkey-project.org

Good luck!

2018-08-07 13:35:34

The latest version of Firefox seems to work okay with jaws now. I just logged in here and typed this message using the latest versions of jaws and firefox. Though I'm prferring Opera as my go to browser after moving away from IE. Still have to resort to IE occasionally, but I'm using opera 90% of the time. Anyway, try the latest version of firefox, it's got a lot better.

2018-08-07 14:12:31 (edited by Jason SW 2018-08-07 14:14:55)

I'm not completely sure, but I think that the latest version of Firefox will work fine with a version of JAWS 2018 that was released in the last two months or so.
I haven't used JAWS in years.

2018-08-07 17:32:40 (edited by grryfindore 2018-08-07 17:34:25)

Hi,
@queenslight, thank you for the suggestions, I will have a read through and decide on either one if there is no way to make firefox work with jaws 18.
@flackers and Jason, Thank you for your replys.
However like I said I am using jaws 18, not jaws 2018, so I am a bit uncertain whether or not the latest version of firefox will work with any jaws version that isn't the bloated and slower (jimo) jaws 2018.
Thanks again.

Follow me on twitter

2018-08-07 21:26:44

Odd. JAWS 2018 doesn't seme sluggish for me. Wonder what could be wrong.

2018-08-07 23:39:59

I can't say I've noticed any sluggishness either.

2018-08-07 23:43:20

I'm using the latest firefox with jaws 2018 and it works just fine.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-08-08 09:53:13

you can use your fire fox E S R, wich is what i am using as well. but with N V D A. but I am stuck since i need web visum to do my job. so hence why I have to use the ESR version of firefox. since web visum does not seem to work in later versions. super sad about that.
any how. how to get FF to work is to provide it with a different user agent string.
hope this helps smile
try using fire fox version 60 user string.
if yo not to sure about all this user string goodies. let me know.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-08-08 12:31:53

Hi,
I took queenslight's suggestion and went with waterfox, it does seem like a ff 55 non ESR version type to me and I fear its headed the same way as firefox in terms of accessibility, so I am not too sure about it. however, yes it does work well as well as firefox but also on this site.

@flyby chow, thank you. that is exactly what I was looking for. if waterfox doesn't work out, I would love to have an backup option. I know what a user string is,and what it does, but alas I have no clue on how to go about changing it?
so if you could...
Thanks a lot for the help, guys.
P.S. also edited the topics subject so that I wouldn't have to say the same thing over and over again. smile
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-08-08 19:58:33

sure thing. be glad to help. you go to your address bar and type

]about:config
then press enter. then select  i'll be careful button. or, except risk, button.
i'll defenately be happy to help you when u ready to change it, i'll even supply u a reliable one.
now if some 1 could just tell me, if i'll be stuck on version fifty 2 permanantly since web visum cannot seem to work with later versions. and captcha be gone. fluffed out on us. i basically need its captcha solving abiliteys since i have to use it to log in to a page that gives me access to balances and stuff. thus it ties me to FF v 52

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-08-10 08:24:24 (edited by grryfindore 2018-08-10 08:25:11)

Hi,
You probably are, yes fly by chow.
I did a quick google on how to change the useragent and am now using some wierd version of firefox that allows me to access this website,so that's all good lol.
I tried setting the string to ff60 but I don't think its set as that. as when I go to google sheets it says, the version of firefox you are using is outdated and we don't support  it. but eh, I am able to use that just fine too,so alls good here. big_smile
Grryf

Follow me on twitter