2018-08-07 00:37:21

Hi,

I want to make a setup exe file, that can copy files to a specified directory, place shortcut on the desktop, and maybe make a item in programs and functions, so simply install a program, but I don't know much about programming/scripting. I tried to read about Innosetup, but I think it seems a bit complicated.
So my question is: Is there a program out there, that can make an setup file through a setup wizard, where you choose, where the files will be copied, and the shortcuts, and all that, so don't need to know anything about programming?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

2018-08-07 02:41:18

there are but you have to script the thing so it knows what to do.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-07 06:02:57 (edited by dash 2018-08-07 06:04:07)

Hi.
I recomment Inno setup.
This program have creating wizard but i dont remember how to enable it.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-08-07 06:19:47

In the run dialog of a windows computer, type "iexpress". Obviously, without the quotes. This creates a self-extracting installer package that has options for setting license agreement etc.

2018-08-07 15:18:18

What you're looking for is called inno script studio, which is an ide for inno setup that also has a creation wizard. there is an option to download a copy of it with your inno setup installation on the website.

2018-08-07 18:46:49

Hi,

I've now tried Inno Scripting Studion, and it works fine for me.
It is however a bit ignoring, that I can't tell it to place a shortcut on the desktop during the installation, or maybe I haven't just figured out yet. I don't know.

Thanks.

Best regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

2018-08-07 21:21:04

What about that nulsoft installer thing or whatever that is?