1 (edited by masonian 2018-09-16 04:40:51)

Hello there,

TombHunter is finally released! It was released on 09/06/2018. The forums were not in working order on that date.

Go here for more info:

http://masonasons.me/th.php

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up +1

OK, I'm stuck on the part where you have to jump to the ledge using the rope. Where the skeletons are.

Thumbs up

In level 1?

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up

Well, the game is interesting.
I run jump pits, but there is no saving, I'd like to save when I want like I used to with old toomb hunter.
Also when I register, I get a message saying my key was invalid sometimes if I enter it in by pasting it it and my name I type or I get nothing at all.

Thumbs up

o this game is good. good luck mason!

my tt server addres: gamer-services.jc-hosting.me
ports: 2040
gmail: [email protected], and skype: giorgi gio
my name in playroom: giorgigamer

Thumbs up

Hi.
I like the game a lot.
I know that would make the game easier, but I would like to save the game, so you can quickly restore when you mess up. Maybe the game is ment to be that hard, I don't know. If that's the case, I would at leased like if the game loaded where you messed up, so you don't have to start the level from the beginning.
More detailes on how the swords works would be welcome. I figured that out, but I think some people would have trouble on finding out how they works.
Also make it clear what the music spot at the end of the level means, and a scroll is required to continue.
I think the difficulty level is too high at the beginning. I think it would scare some people away from the game. Don't make me wrong the levels are fine. Maybe make some new easier level and call this a prolog for practicing.
I have only completed the very first level, and died big time on the second one.
You might also take a look at the walls in the first level. I found a spot where it just said nothing when scanning for items nearby. I figured out that it was the end of the level where I would have expected a wall, but there was nothing, and thankfully, I couldn't walk in this direction. smile
Keep up the great job guys. I'm surprised how addicted I got to the game. First I was like nah, skip it because of the high difficulty level. But then I decided to give it a serious try, and quickly got addicted to it after I got better at it and got used to the basics. I'm thankful that I decided to give it a serious try.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up +1

Hi I dont understand how the jumping system is working.
I dont know why If I need to jump the fire pit I have jump this while running.
I have tried to jump the lava without using running and it is inpossible.
Another think which really flustrated me s jumping out from the vine when I am on the top.
I have tried to do this alot of times, and for now I know how to do that but I dont understand why it is done this way.
Why I need to press jump button together with running key in order to jumo up when I am on the top of the vine.

Thumbs up

nice job, but  how can i save my game?

Thumbs up

Hi

Sounds cool. Can't download though. The zip archive is about 39 KB when I download it; on the website it says 27 MB or something similar. Could you please fix this?
Kindest
Hendrik

I'm making progress: One day at a time!

Thumbs up

hi
i cant pay for toom hunter, so what should i do?

email: [email protected]: skype: mahdi.abedi82
my name on playroom: mahdi-abedi
my teamtalk server information: mahdi.jc-hosting.me, ports 6661: you should create account to login, and for it, send me private message, in your pm, send me username and passwordh

Thumbs up

hi, I announced this in the old th topic as well, but there's now a walkthrough that hopefully isn't too confusingly written explaining how to play the first six levels. The other levels will be added on release, as soon as I play them enough to get familiar enough with the layout to write it down and talk about it. This thing's a work in progress, so there will be updates as I figure stuff out.

Bar, bar, bar...
Bar is my name and to go bar is my aim...
Sometimes I'll go "Bad bar",
But in the end its always bar, ahem beer, ahem bar! beer bar!

Thumbs up +1

Hi,
I love the game so far, but I am confused about how to use the sword. I press the letter S, but nothing seems to happen. Do I have to use the Alt key to face a different direction?

Thumbs up

hi, if you have a sword in the inventory, you must first press 1 to select your swords, then s to throw one of the swords you have. It will be thrown in the direction you are facing currently and will kill all enemies in range. Swords can be thrown only once.

Bar, bar, bar...

Thumbs up

14 (edited by voyager2264 2018-08-06 13:02:29)

I can't get it to work. I am facing the right way and I pressed the number 1 to select the sword, but it doesn't do anything.

Thumbs up

Hi,
@Voyager, you have to press 1 to select the sword, and then, once the sword is selected, you have to press the s key to throw it in the direction you are facing.

Thumbs up

Hi.
@voyager2264: You need to pick up a sword before you can use it. However, the sword is selectable even when you don't have one, which is quite confusing. smile
@mahdi-abedi: What you should do? 1. Join the giveaway and hopefully be lucky.
2. Phase the real world where it all is not free. Save up for the game. It shouldn't take more than a half year. smile
3. Hope there will be more giveaways in the future.
4. Accept that you are not able to get the game because you can't pay. smile

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

lol slj big_smile
so i have a probleme, i tryed to tayke the teleport to the nexte level, but i couldn't, anything  needing heare, item,  something elss?

Thumbs up

@18 you must jump into the level portal to activate it. You can either walk under it and jump, or jump into it from the right/left.

Bar, bar, bar...

Thumbs up

19 (edited by musicalman 2018-08-06 17:39:18)

First off, I think it's awesome that you released this demo version. Can't wait to get the full game!

I do agree that the manual needs some work. I listened to the TBRN archives where the first 15 levels were shown, which bTW are pretty interesting. I also played the old beta 4.1 version when it was out. So I know how the game works, but I can see how it could be confusing for new players. What I think the manual needs is some starters for navigation, perhaps examples of how to scan the surroundings to determine a safe path across a hazard or just assess the area. Of course that's up to you, I'm not saying that even a newcomer to audio games must find this easy or anything, but often I see games which draw on each other's mechanics, which is great, but more and more they do so without enough explanation to allow newcomers to understand what's going on. This results in frustration.

I think the shift left and shift right arrows are also a little finnocky, for instance they'll just say a certain number of feet without anything accompanying it. Another small suggestion: hazards should be labeled, for instance, fire pit, acid pit, chasm etc.

One more minor thing, the pitch changes on running footsteps are irritating after a while for me. It really ruins the realism, which is a shame because the other sounds are really good. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority on this or not though lol

That's all I can think of for criticisms. Not trying to be harsh or knock the game, but it still feels like it needs a bit of smoothing out. I will still buy it when it comes out regardless of what happens, because I wanna play the other levels!

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

Thumbs up

hi.
for some weird reason the game says that my license is not activated. can you please fix that issue? thanks in advance.

Thumbs up

Hi,
I had the same issue but I then checked the name field and entered it exactly as it was shown in the email, and it worked, both name and key.

Thumbs up

Hello, is it just me or is the jumping not really working. It only jumps me like one square even if I'm holding the right or left arrow keys down. And I can't even jump over that first pit.
Help? Other wise, like it a lot.
Thank you.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

Thumbs up

@23 to increase your jumping power, you must pick up speed. You run at your max speed after 5 steps, so before a hazzard, back up  5 steps, then run towards it and jump when on the ledge or one step before.

Bar, bar, bar...

Thumbs up

ICYMI:
I am doing a Tomb Hunter giveaway.
Go to this topic for more info:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=25641

Regards,
follow me on twitter: @scorpion_nr

Thumbs up

25 (edited by BlindNinja 2018-08-07 02:17:20)

So I have to ask... assuming one preorders this game.
Once you've finished it, is there any particular reason to replay? Or is any sort of replay value type thing planned? Like don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the game sucks or anything. But if I pay for a game, I usually prefer to be able to come back to it and do at least something different... and so far with this demo it seems like things are the exact same every playthrough.

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
guards, skyrim

Thumbs up