2018-08-03 18:26:17

I'm looking for some beter voices than the windows 1 core voices, though those are workable at the moment. Specifically, I'm looking for Mandarin, Taiwanese, Japanese and Korean voices. Does anyone know of a good website to rowse the most languages possible? I'm willing to pay for them if need be. I'm epseiclaly interested in Taiwanese as that's a dialect that doesn't seem to have many tts voices associated with it.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-08-03 18:57:25

You and me both! Have you taken a look at vocalizer-nvda.com? I know the driver is specific to NVDA, but in my opinion, it's as good as you're going to get. They do have a Taiwan Chinese voice too. I don't know how good it is though since I don't speak that variant. I know the Japanese voices are decent as well. I use them to play Japanese Audiogames, and on my English system, they perform really well without having to mess with character encoding formats. There are a few SAPI-based voices out there in many languages too. Otherwise, I would consider downloading Japanese NVDA. It has support for many of the CJK languages. Also, the Mac and iOS devices have some really good-sounding voices that you can use with VoiceOver.

2018-08-03 19:27:21

I have Japanese NVDA, but that doesn't give many TTS options in and of itself, I don't think. Thanks for the vocalizer-nvda site though.. will definitely check it out. Curious to know what other voices there are for both Japanese and as many Chinese variants other than Neospeech and Vocalizer. Seems like everything is either Mandarin or Cantonese, which means only half of the dialects I speak... and I'd be interested in having a Japanese conversation with you at some point! lol Or at least hearing how your Japanese sounds... big_smile

2018-08-03 19:48:52

Yeah. I've been meaning to give you a call on Skype, but I find myself very busy most of the time. I'm happy when I can get some time to check out the AudioGames forum. smile Anyway, maybe you can help me improve my Mandarin, and we can try our hand at switching to Korean and Japanese. I speak other European languages too, so if you know some, I'd be happy to talk to you some more. As for the TTS thing though, I'm afraid options are very limited. I do vaguely remember someone posting a topic about Zhengdu screen reader for Chinese users. I used it for a while, but I remember it was really slow on my system. But I remembered there was a way you could use the voices from that application to interact with other speech applications. It was like its own speech engine.

2018-08-04 17:04:28

I know Neospeech has good ones for Japanese at least, but can't find a way to buy them... and I just found these videos.

Top 5 male Japanese tts voices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPdAlOee_PU
Top 5 female Japanese tts voices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcq2P__1BAs

Wonder if these are available as consumer products from anywhere? It seems like you can't buy them or see prices on neospeech's website.

2018-08-05 18:26:04

there are NVDA addons for jtalk and protalker on jake gross's website.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2018-08-05 20:07:31

hi guys!
i'm using speach master. you can download voices for free. in speach master is 2 availeble company: vocalizer and acapela.
you can download this program at softjewel.com.
so good luck!

Yours kindly