2018-08-08 18:04:16

@123
you have  4 main weapons,  in real life, in game, and in everywhere, your foots and fists.  it would be stupid to remove them

2018-08-08 21:14:59

@125
It gets slightly irritating the way you seem to always step into these topics, all the while loudly exclaiming /implying the stupidity of the game and how you'll never, ever play! Better stay far, far away! Your rather simplified viewpoint on the matter makes sense, of course leaving out some crucial details outlined in our previous posts. I guess knowing you have nothing to do with these immature games might give you some partial feeling of satisfaction? Each post you make has something to the effect of I'll be gone now, out the door, etc. If your not willing to discuss them, why the need to post in the first place? Don't get me wrong, I agree with some of these points, but the way you come across shows blatant arrogance. If you want to be taken seriously, I suggest you try and tone down  the post a bit.

2018-08-08 21:48:38 (edited by LucyTheBeast 2018-08-08 21:51:22)

I think neither Carter nor any of admins will come here to reply this but I have an important question. Now I'm listing the strongest teams ever below:

UKA: Sam destroyed it you know.
PWn (His leader was KimJongun aka Rengeet and he was collecting about 1k bitcoin per day.): It was destroyed by Sam and his friend.
Old SCM: The leader was SamTupy but he was playing with another account. You can remember Gurpreet I guess, he was Sam. I'm sure since We were talking on TeamTalk. He destroyed it or just disbanded, I'm not sure about it.
SCM: You of course know what happened to it. big_smile Sam again!

Actually I don't know what happened to RSM but as I mentioned above, Sam destroyed all the strongest teams was dominating the game and getting stronger. Just tell me that is it way of making the game more balanced? You can let the other players to destroy teams but why do you always do this as a developers there?

Here's the question: Why does it have to be this way?

2018-08-08 22:36:28

@128, I disagree about post 125. That doesn't seem arrogant at all. Arrogance is a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous overconfidence; post 125 exhibits none of these qualities. Post 125 is just stating an opinion (albeit quite truthful and reasonable). I doubt Jayde cares if anyone reads their posts or not, or whether they're agreed with or not.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-08-08 23:23:09

@129  kim jong un? that guy  deserved it, i remember  when i was fighting him he was always going afk and   having reasons like hey i was going to pee, i had shit and i needed to shit, i needed to eat, my girlfriend  called me and asked me to fuck her, and  such stupid reasons to  go afk

2018-08-09 00:57:39

I am stating, and sometimes restating, my desire to keep my distance from this game as an object lesson. Your drama lost you a player. I might have tried if not for all the ridiculousness, but now I won't. And why do I say so? Because you aren't getting the picture. Drama continues, and usually it's of similar caliber. This suggests, to me at least, that there is no real focus on the important things. If I am harsh or even a bit high-handed, it is because I have precious little patience, and just enough desire to speak my mind. Combine those two things, and you get the sort of in-the-door out-the-door posts I tend to make regarding certain games.

I also get sick of the back and forth, so I like to simplify the situation where I'm able. Here, I believe I could, and did.

If I have missed details that change the reality of the situation, please enlighten me; I do not believe this is true as of this moment, but I'd be a fool to say that I'm unassailable. Everyone makes mistakes. I can tell you that I haven't deliberately ignored anything, or twisted anything out of true to suit my agenda. I see the facts, and the facts tell me that a bad situation exacerbated by annoying people was made far worse by other annoying people and their questionable behaviour.

What saddens me is that I sometimes get the feeling that I'm shouting into the wind. Will the game ever actually get better, or will it continue to be a laughing-stock largely lacking in professionalism? I'd love to hope that the former is possible, but I just don't see enough change to justify it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-08-09 01:47:10

This is what I feel about these sorts of topics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPkSBhNFmeE

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-08-09 04:40:40

129: Let's knock these out one by one.
UKA: the players wanted it to die, everyone was begging for it, so with the unanimous permission of that team he gave himself the necessary throwing stars to knock out take one hit of this dab and that was that.
PWN: I don't remember that one. PWN was UKA's original name. Someone probably thought they would be cool and unoriginal by using it (sound familiar?) IF you have any argument for Sam using unfair means to destroy that team it would certainly help your case, otherwise i'm dismissing it.
SCM: What's wrong with Sam disbanding a team? No crime there.
New pretender SCM: and here we come to the original argument, of which your only ammunition is a slightly suspicious circumstance in which the devs restarted the server for an update shortly before attacking. Somehow that immediately brings you to the conclusion that they must have been using /give and whatever other unfair means you can think of. I'm not sure what proof you want from us. I could give you the give log if there even is one for that day, but then you'll say we changed it because that's what you'd rather believe. I now realize this battle is pointless and neither side can truly win. On one side we have you. You just believe what you want to believe, which is that your team is the best that ever was and the developers and admins used unfair means to take it down, but with only circumstantial evidence your case is weak. And on the other you have us, being fired at from all sides because we're admins, a big team was destroyed by us and a developer betrayed your team, but we can't gain any ground either because you won't calm down and climb off  your high horse enough to see logic. Unfortunately this makes others believe we used commands and whatever, and I'm not sure I can blame you guys. I'm just sorry we had this misunderstanding and hope you guys will decide to play despite the whining of some. As for you, you just go on believing what you want since it's obvious you won't be convinced. Enjoy living a life of suspicion and anger when things don't go your way. I can't say you'll be missed.

2018-08-09 07:30:33

Apollo wrote:

Hi
i think rs is not balanced.
sum thing is not fare.
but i can't do enny thing.
i can only to say that.
I hope redspot will be good for players later.

2018-08-09 13:45:27

Okay, let's cut the crap and focus on facts.

In the situation for which this topic was created, a few things have been well-established:
1. People generally didn't like SCM
2. SCM may or may not have deliberately been misusing game mechanics to make it really really hard to attack them
3. A game dev badgered someone outside the game so that they could get access to SCM, which is kinda slimy
4. Someone from SCM caved to that pressure; pretty stupid, IMHO
5. when you reset the server, certain base defenses are also reset, which presumably makes bases somewhat easier to attack
6. The server was reset, SCM was attacked almost immediately thereafter, and because of a lot of organization on the part of the devs and their friends, SCM was taken down
7. At least one person involved characterized part of the attack as underhanded, because apparently fair tactics didn't work for some reason; I'm at a loss as to why rules/enforcement of rules wasn't enough here

So in case I need to spell it out, Alec, here's what I'm saying.
Normally, when a reset happens and either no one or everyone is expecting it, everyone's on the same footing. Everyone is a little bit more vulnerable, and either everyone is surprised by it a little, or no one is. In this instance, however, it sounds like some people knew about the reset while others did not, and so when the server was reset, those who knew took immediate advantage before those who didn't could scramble to react.
To my mind, this is analogous to the following situation.
Imagine that you have a friend who works at a store, and the store is going to hold a random one-day sale where it slashes the price of its merchandise by 30%. Now, everyone knows stores have sales sometimes, and most places advertise, but this one isn't advertised; the only reason you know is because your friend told you when maybe he shouldn't have. So the instant the store opens on sale day, you're there and ready to snap up some merchandise.
Basically, what I'm saying is that the people who knew a moment of vulnerability were coming used that knowledge to maximize the effect they could gain from it. They may not have actually used any sort of dev tools to make the fight unfair, but they used prior knowledge to take advantage. If my above analogy didn't work for you, try this. Imagine that you're working staff on a game that has decided to do away with an item because it's OP; the game has informed players that this will be happening but has not given a date, but because you're staff, you know it's happening on Friday. As such, you make a point of selling all those items to an NPC for huge cash before the change. Other players could've done this too, of course, but your intimate knowledge of when it's all going to shake down means you're safe, while other players are uncertain and may miss out. In other words, your insider knowledge allows you to make the best of the situation.
This is one of the arguments for devs not playing their own games.

Now, if I'm misunderstanding something, please do let me know. But I believe, as before, that I've summed things up pretty accurately.

Remember: I'm not actually accusing the devs of cheating here. I feel this was underhanded and slimy, but not actually cheating. the fact that one of the admins actually agrees with some of what I'm saying gives a lot of credence to my stance.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-08-09 16:35:59

TL-Dr:  The game has huge balance issues where it takes underhanded or admin involvement to even take down the team.  The solution at this point in time is to probably scrap the entire game and retool it into an actual match procedure shooter, rather than an unbalanced free for all.  Also for admins to act like admin and rewrite their rules and tos, and actually enforce them. 

If you're not willing to do one of these, this will keep happening, again, and again, and again.  Obviously the base system is entirely unpopular, and has lead to hilarious amounts of drama that drive people off the game.  People originally wanted a game with less item hoarding and more focus on people actually fighting, but the developers caved in to the small few who wanted to keep their items and amass an unbalanced arsenal.  And now devs have to constantly get involved when someone decides to break open their game with a sledgehammer.  Eventually yall are going to get tired of repeating this dance over and over, and will just close the game.  Or the players will, and you'll just have a single team who will probably get bored after a while of no one playing. 

If you sort of want a model of a game that people can try out that's actually popular with the mainstream crowd, and involves fairly extensive maps and items, look at games like Fort Night, or PUGV.   100 people, 1 life, items scattered about the field.  Go at it.  A far more entertaining setup then the garbage fire now burning.  No worries about amassing too much power in the hands of a few people, these are matches that reset everyone after a victor is the last one/team standing.  Hoarding is not so much of a problem since unlike in your game, item spawns are actually rare and really random.  You might get lucky and get a decent shotgun with a few good shots.  Or slightly unlucky and end up with a legendary rocket launcher with only 2 shots, and nothing really reliable to hit at during the start of the game.  Potions and shielding potions are really rare, so you don't have people hoarding hp so easily, and they established a max of I believe 250 for hp and shields for at least Fort Night.  As well, healing items are ranked, only healing up to a certain point.  i.e: bandages only getting you up to a max of 75 hp, before requiring potions or a med kit to go over. 

Scrap the base mechanic outside of a strip down version for a game mode where players can establish bases for a team to recover, limit item spawns and make healing items ranked and one of the more rarer items outside of weak ones.   maybe just keep the free for all map for people to pass the time until a multi-man freefor all, or team match begins.  There, you're game is more fun for everyone, and most likely less stressful for the administration to have to deal with since the amassing power issue will not have to be dealt with.

Or, keep the game as is, and either burn out, lose players from dishonest tactics of trying to fix the mistakes your own code and rules caused, or pull your hair out after the next team amasses a fortress somehow.   Though I highly disagree with Lucy on most points, there is a pattern of developers needing to get involved to take out these power teams outside of the disbanding one.  This honestly should not be the constant pattern.

For Lucy, it's been like a week or two.  The devs are not going to cave into your complaining or opinions.  Think the last few pages already gave enough of a reason for people to avoid this game, and unless the devs take a sit down to rebalance or change things entirely, it'll naturally die out on its own.  Better to stop posting now, and go find a new game to play.  If you're saying your done with the game, you really should not be continuing this train wreck of a topic.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2018-08-09 17:49:18 (edited by cartertemm 2018-08-09 17:50:28)

The server is never just, boom and reset. As usual, and this time was no different, I give a warning in advance. Since this one was extraordinary in that base items were cut down to accommodate recent changes in balance, players were given 10 minutes along with 100 wood to store their current inventory. So there's no real scrambling to attack... In fact it was never planned out by us. Everyone, developer or not, had (has) the chance if they wish. Everyone is always in favor of mass base resets over a daily/weekly period, which would be catestrophic IMO, but due to server lag, reboots are somewhat frequent. So to go along with your analogy, the store did it's fair share of advertisement in preparation for the sale, even giving a little Coles Cash in the process.

2018-08-12 21:59:52

cartertemm wrote:

The server is never just, boom and reset. As usual, and this time was no different, I give a warning in advance. Since this one was extraordinary in that base items were cut down to accommodate recent changes in balance, players were given 10 minutes along with 100 wood to store their current inventory. So there's no real scrambling to attack... In fact it was never planned out by us. Everyone, developer or not, had (has) the chance if they wish. Everyone is always in favor of mass base resets over a daily/weekly period, which would be catestrophic IMO, but due to server lag, reboots are somewhat frequent. So to go along with your analogy, the store did it's fair share of advertisement in preparation for the sale, even giving a little Coles Cash in the process.

Is this a reply for the 129th post?