2018-07-28 00:21:37

Hi all. I finally started playing this again after messing with the demo of Planet Saga, Liam's stream of that helped me figure out navigation and then I remembered I had this game too. So a few questions came up.

1. I finally got into the forest ruins, and I killed the big demon/slime thingy. Lilia died and we merged so now I can jump. I got back to the shrine to level up. Do I need to go back into the forest ruins? Am I supposed to do something else there? I didn't get any new instructions when I got back to the shrine.

2. Can you only save at the save points? When entering the ruins it told me to save often but I don't see a way to save. I thought it might be in the tab menu, but no such luck.

3. Is there a complete list of keyboard functions? I know 'v' and 'x' both do stuff, and enter and tab, and I figured out that space is the thing that makes you change with Lilia, but that's about it, oh and 's' for status of course.

4. Is there a way to keep track of where you've been? Frankly all the fields kind of seem the same after a while. I went east out of the shrine just because and got to the entrance to a lake, but the security guard won't let me in. So I decided to try and make my way back to the shrine, but got to the entrance of the forest instead, which was a fair bit west of the shrine, at least the first time I had to find it.

Other than that, any tips you've got for a newbie would be great. I don't think I want a walkthrough yet, but some hints or something might be nice. I know people have played but the only question I saw about it scrolling through seven or so pages of posts was somebody asking for a guide or playthrough. Even if I just wander back into the ruins, it would be nice to have a way to save inside of them, because it takes forever to get back to a save point, or at least, it does for me. Thanks all!

2018-07-28 12:28:48

1. You haven't finished the ruins. Go back to where Lilia died and there should be a further door to continue.
2. Yes, the only way to save is finding save points. But there should be one very soon when you continue to search the ruins.
3. I don't know for sure, but can't you just go to options and check the controls there?
4. There is no way to check if you have been in a location or not. But for the different regions I can tell you that the shrine is the exact center of the world and by going straight north, south, east or west from it without wandering off you can reach every single story relevant region. Of curse, you'll miss on quite a few secrets then.
I hope that helps a little.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2018-08-02 16:44:09

Oddly enough, you can find a complete key list in the manual... or yes, you can also go to settings and check there. And if you pay attention to the story, you will find out that you are actually not done in the ruins... says so right there in the text after you save lilia. Save points are the only possible spots to save, yes, so memorize where they are so you can get back to them in a hurry should the need arise.

Discord: clemchowder633