2018-07-21 01:18:12

Hello.
I've heard people rave about how awesome visual studio is, for a very long time now. The first time I tried to install, I didn't have success, but now I've got community 2017 installed and configured, or at least I'm pretty sure I have it configured correctly.
Now something about me, I understand programming concepts, I just have trouble putting them into practice. So I'm not exactly a beginner, but I'm no master coder, like the out of sight games team, so I guess I'm somewhere there in the middle lol!
Anyway, I've looked at c# (or C-sharp if you want to get spacific), and it looks like a very beginner friendly language. My question are  there good beginner tutorials out there? I see microsoft has some, but they don't work for me, because they just throw stuff at you rather than explain it. Are there some beginner books or guides available for C# beginners? I figure C# must have documentation, but I haven't found it in the visual studio directory, not yet.
If you could give me some info, I would really appreciate it. Vs community looks like a very powerful and interesting tool to use, I can't wait to get started!
Thanks.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-07-21 03:26:07

Just search anything and MSDN and you get stuff explaining what is in that namespace, and you can drill down to classes, etc.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-21 03:28:38

Hi,
There are a few books I can recommend.
1. C# players guide, third edition.
2. Starting out with C# 4th edition.
3. Begin to code with C#.
4. Learn C# in a day and learn it well.
All of these books are best in their own ways. I'd say try them and see which one fits you the best. Considering your coding level, you might first want to try c# players guide third edition or learn C# in a day. Those books can get you up and running in a few hours if you already understand the programming concepts.
Regards,
Amit

There once was a moviestar icon.
Who prefered to sleep with the light on.
They learnt how to code, devices sure glowed,
and lit the night using python.

2018-07-21 03:37:18

Hi.
Thank you both very much! You both got a thumbs-up! I'll start tracking this stuff down, and get to work.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-07-21 05:00:48

If either Ian or Munawar have some free time, they may also be willing to give you a bit of help. I won't speak for them of course, but they did both make complex games with C#.