2018-07-20 04:11:18

Right, so I haven't been able to find the other discord topic, and I wanted to know if something had come up, or if it was just me having this problem, but was there a change to Discord's UI recently? What remains of the headings they used to use have gone missing. Before, a user's name prior to the messages they sent were marked with headings. Now, the name and messages are marked as buttons that don't appear to do anything. Any ideas?

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-07-20 09:52:15

I font the interface is positifly changed and I don't kno wy blind peaple ceep away from this awesome stuf, the only accesibelity problim I font is the unlabeled buttons

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2018-07-20 10:06:15

this should be in general gamediscussions

2018-07-20 13:14:44

How so? Discord is not a game, but a chatting client.

2018-07-20 13:21:23

it's for gamers, have you seen someone use discord for non gaming stuff?

2018-07-20 14:13:22

Yes, I have. Even if it is for games, quote from FAQ: @General game discussion=anything and everything to do with accessible games. Opinions, reviews (audio or text), requests for help with particular games, requests for help with research advice etc. The only game related stuff that doesn't belong in general discussion are topics that directly relate to newly released or discovered accessible games, or topics discussing coding and game development in extreme technical detail.
Discord is used all over  the place, not at all just for gamers even if the primary use when it was created was for gamers.

2018-07-21 03:24:48

I guess this is not too big of a thing, as the text is still readable, but it's still not as pleasant to navigate. It was much nicer being able to go by headings. I could tell who posted what, and use that to track where I was in the chat. I suppose it's the same sort of thing that skype has, so it's not too terrible. I was just wondering whether this was a me thing, or this had occured across everyone's UI. It seems to be an update that does not have a clear changelog entry. Oh well. This is not quite a regression by any means, it just concerned me is all. Now, the remaining mystery is what on earth happened to that other discord topic that used to be in general.

I have a website now.

2018-07-21 17:00:56

I actually did find an issue that might be an actual problem, though. Before this change, when going through chat logs, images had alt text. Namely, file names that they were saved as. Now, there is no such thing for images. Many times, it may not be useful, but I have noticed it being useful from time to time. Actually, I wonder if this will be the case for all files. Those file names are really helpful, so I don't really like that they don't show up in the actual message log anymore. They still show up in the initial notification, though.

I have a website now.

2018-07-21 18:00:38

it's not you
IT's  discord being shitty, once again. They keep making it less accessible  at each update.
I'm pretty sure it's one day, going to be  100% inaccessible.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-07-21 19:16:38

There is being accessibility work done on their beta Canary thing, things getting labels and such.
Look on the bright side, the button to leave voice chats is now visible and working, and so is the one for opening up your user settings. The change to messages is annoying, but not soulcrushingly so.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-07-22 22:20:59 (edited by Jaseoffire 2018-07-22 22:26:35)

Wait, as in the server voice chat leave call button? Oh. I need to go give this a shot.

After testing:
It works. Woo. All is ever so slightly forgiven, Discord. A small annoyance for something actually working as intended? I'll take that. It could be better, but this is progress in one area.

I have a website now.

2018-07-23 01:35:38

you guys talking about the app for the phone. the computer or the website?

2018-07-23 04:18:13

Ah. You're right. I never specified how I was running it. I am refering to the desktop windows version.

I have a website now.

2018-07-23 07:10:35 (edited by AlexN94 2018-07-23 07:11:45)

Desktop version here too, haven't tried the others.
The button for opening up user settings is the third one below your name, first and second being mute and deafen respectively.

2018-07-25 09:19:01

@Discordapp on Twitter yesterday wrote:

Discord,  For people who use screen readers -- pretty much anything clickable with a mouse you can now access with a keyboard.

There's a lot more work to fully support screen readers, but this should solve some short term pain! 10 hours ago,  TweetDeck

2018-07-25 12:47:38

I've actually tried it yesterday when I seen that tweet and it still don't look promising. I don't know maybe it's me, but still a bunch of unlabeled stuff, which, doesn't seem to be usable by any means, and you can't tell weather it's doing stuff or not. Yep, that tweet yesterday, kind of disappointed me unless, I'm doing something wrong. I even contacted them on twitter yesterday regarding all of this stuff and they said, just reload and see if it will fix. Still, no go. I don't see a change at all regarding their so called accessibility features that they put in.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2018-07-25 13:39:59

I see no real difference.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-25 15:36:34

Actually, the initial issue that sparked this thread has been corrected, though. I never thought it would ever feel so good to have headings back. Still, some of my larger complaints are still about, I think. And I haven't had the opportunity to test volume sliders. They're working on it, though, and that makes me happy. We'll see how far they get, but they are making improvements. Also, images seem to show there file names, now, so we're back in business there as well. All regressions have been corrected. Now we just wait for further progress, and hope that no further issues come up. They probably will just by nature of updating, but that's what bug reporting is for. They are definitely trying.

I have a website now.

2018-07-25 17:02:55

Basically what Jaseoffire said. Are there still unlabelled items? Sure. Are they finally actually  working on fixing it? Yes. I've been extremely critical in the past when it came to their promises and the way Discord looks, but I have also used it now for over a month more or less daily without too significant problems.
Can it be improved? Definitely. Is it usable? Yes.

I do want to say though that I feel there is a difference between usable and accessible though. Having to memorise a bunch of unlabelled buttons falls under usable to me whilst having a bunch of properly labelled ones would fall under accessible. Discord is starting to move towards the latter though, and personally I feel we should try to be positive about it now that they're actually doing something.
Headings in messages are back, the buttons for leaveing voice chats and opening your user settings are visible and working and apparently file names show up again. Considering the fact that they "broke" the messages last week I'd say the fix has been quick.

Blindndangerous, I think it was, posted a list of hotkeys and an overview of the app in one of the other Discord topics on here a good while back. That certainly helped me figure it out a bit better, so I'll recommend people take a look at that if they haven't already.

That's all I've got for now, just thought I'd pop in with my two cents.

2018-07-25 18:41:18

Yep, looks like some good is finally coming to us from the folks at Discord, very nice.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-09 07:33:50

Hello all! I have something to tell you!
I'll be posting a server here, it's an anime server,
when you get on, just say these words.
Hello Madotsuki. I am blind. He helps me on discord. Hope you all have fun!

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2018-08-09 08:04:27

heres the server.  https://discord.gg/QmgSMYD

And the new sync key is

2018-08-09 08:16:29

I forgot to say that you would have to wate ten minuts before chatting

And the new sync key is