2018-07-18 12:59:26

Hey everyone!
Can someone tell me what to do in the mine? I want to do the goblin quest, and I don't no where's go.
Thx

Best regards,
Daniel

2018-07-18 14:49:10

Hi,

Are you referring to the quest named "The Exterminator"? If so, you don't have to go anywhere in particular. Goblins will attack you randomly just like any other enemy type. If you're talking about the mine branch of the main story, did you take the guard's advice to speak with Captain Lucian before entering the mine? That's a good place to start.

2018-07-18 15:15:22

I'm talking the main story.
Where's I will found Lucian?

2018-07-18 16:03:29

Rather than giving you the answer, I'm going to suggest that you think critically: look at your list of beacons in Farhaven...of all the locations listed, where do you think you would be most likely to find the captain of the guard?

I should also point out that, unless I'm mistaken, the guard who spoke to you before you entered the mines tells you where to find Captain Lucian. This is why it's important to actually pay attention to the information the game gives you. Between information you get from talking to people, and critical reasoning skills, you usually have all the information you need to find whatever person or place you're looking for. But that requires you to be attentive, and to think about things as if you were in the world of the game. If I wanted to find out about X, where would I go, or who would I ask about it, etc.

2018-07-18 16:07:52

What if you fast travel to the mines? I did not get that dialogue with the guard so curious if I missed a quest that way.

2018-07-18 16:36:21 (edited by Joseph Westhouse 2018-07-18 16:38:16)

What version are you running? You shouldn't be able to bypass that dialogue using Fast Travel. Fast traveling to the west gate should actually drop you a couple of meters before the gate, and as soon as you step toward it, that dialogue should trigger. But it's possible that it used to drop you straight on the gate, and a fix was patched in at some point. It's also possible we actually overlooked that completely, but I don't think we did.

2018-07-18 18:27:32

Which quest should it trigger so that I know if I actually missed it or I just forgot? If I fast travel to it right now, I can go west a few steps and then enter into the mines so I guess that is alright.

2018-07-18 18:31:15

It may trigger "Stolen From the Rich." Or it might not trigger a quest at all. I don't remember offhand, and don't have the game script in front of me at the moment. Maybe another player can confirm.

2018-07-18 19:57:32 (edited by Dragons 2018-07-18 19:59:02)

If I remember correctly it's "Stolen From the Rich." Also before you entering the Mine the gard will stop you and ask you to help and speak to Captain Lusion.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-07-18 20:10:48

Dragons—yes, we were discussing that guard dialogue event; the question nidza07 was asking was which quest, if any, that guard dialogue triggers.

2018-07-18 20:18:46

I found Lucian and then Simeon in the mine. The thief told me to look for the trapdoor in the natural caves.
Where's found in natural caves the ttrap door?

2018-07-18 20:27:58

When I went into the mine, the guard didn't stop me.

2018-07-18 21:32:55

Bryan, regarding your question in #11, a beacon should have been added to your map when you spoke to the thief. please refer to the Sounds Reference menu and take note of the "new location discovered" sound, as this will play when a new beacon gets added to your map, and this will be a very important sound for you to keep your ears tuned for.

2018-07-18 22:36:30

Oh, fuck. Then what sould I do?

2018-07-18 23:31:28

Bryan, I'm confused. Do you not have a beacon to the trapdoor in your beacons menu?

2018-07-19 03:00:21

When you talk to the thief, the location to the trap door will be discovered at that time. It should be added to your beacon menu.

2018-07-19 03:08:38

POSSIBLE
SPOILERS
AHEAD
FOR
THOSE
WHO
HAVE
NEVER
SPOKEN
WITH
LUCIAN
ABOUT
THIS

When you spoke with Lucian, he told you where to find Simeon. That location was added as a beacon while in the mines.

When you spoke with Simeon and he told you about the trap door, exactly the same thing happened. The location of the trap door was added as a new beacon in the mines.

To use beacons, hit Ctrl+B, then arrow through the list, then hit Enter, and you're on your way.

2018-07-19 05:50:35

The guard should approach you the very first time you approach the west gate. If you haven't spoken to another person in the city, the guard's dialogue will trigger Stolen from the Rich. Of course if you have spoken to that other individual, you'll have triggered the quest and the guard dialogue will simply update the existing quest log.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!