2018-07-15 20:39:38

HI all.
I was wondering would you guys join a website where you can share your tricks, snippets, tutorials etc, that are about development?
I'd like to start up a project like that, but am not sure if that's worth it, if some one did that allready or so.
If you want to tell me "fuck that, it's no worth it or you don't like the idea, feel free to say it.
Thanks. big_smile

Paul

2018-07-15 23:27:54

i think that's a graite idea, I can write a small article on a couple things in bgt, but it wouldn't be graite, I can write it and will post it later

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-07-16 01:59:33

Hello,
That can be a good Idea, Developers share their experiences, Beginners can learn programming, etc. like me wink
how do you think the project as?
Do you think to create a forum based system? or wordpress maybe?

2018-07-16 04:18:36

Just chiming in here. I could always create the website as well. I've been looking for a useful website to make.

2018-07-16 10:12:50

@post 3 here's my idea.
Everyone has their profile, with a board, where they post their stuff.
The system I'd like to make is grouping all posts by categories, so that people can find what they need easily.
I'll do that, but only if we really want to support it other whise, the project  has no sense even to start up.
big_smile

Paul

2018-07-16 10:40:20

Good Idea. Yes, So awaiting people's feedbacks will be good for who wants the project and who doesn't.
and I think you can find a wordpress template like that.
smile

2018-07-16 10:41:06

Wasn't going to use wordpress big_smile.

Paul

2018-07-16 23:56:39

I really couldn't tell if it's a good idea or not. But if you want to do it, and you need help, just ask smile

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-07-17 00:05:06

I just don't know if it's worth it.
It doesn't worth making a site if there's not support nor there are people interested. big_smile

Paul

2018-07-17 01:13:03

Well, if it is a discussion-based website, then I'm afraid it wouldn't be all that useful. Especially since we have this developer forum as part of this site. However, if you plan to make it with the sole purpose of centralizing existing and current information, then this would have lots of value! You should tell the guys over at the program-l mailing list. They started something similar to that as part of the list. Also, they have a lot of valuable contributions they could make regarding mainstream programming. Some of you are probably members too. There are also some talented people at the Orca mailing list. The BlindMath mailing list might have some interested parties. There are a lot of talented blind programmers that I don't believe frequent this forum. You should consider reaching out to them to make contributions as well.

2018-07-17 01:29:35

i'm vary interested in this idea

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-07-17 09:41:23 (edited by Still_Standing 2018-07-17 09:42:13)

hello
nice Idea, , i would like to all so shaire my experience programming c++ etc, developers can put their projects, and learne how to fixe them, i can wright a skript for with php if you want, about the host, i can host it, but don't have nice money to buy a domain for it wright now

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-07-17 10:45:56

@10, no obviously it's not a discussion based, since we have ag.net allready.
And I should probably join those mailing lists.
Do you have links to them?

Paul