2018-07-15 20:23:15 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-07-15 20:29:35)

I just read about this on Event Hubs. Seems to be something inspired by the likes of Skullgirls at least on the outside, a 2D all female fighter but in Japanese, and not sure how similar mechanically. 20 dollars, recent release if EH is to be believed.
I haven't played it myself yet, it's available both on PS4 and Steam. There isn't much info available yet, but I did find this arcade playthrough. Sounds relatively fast, so definitely on my list.
Thoughts? From what I've been reading, people actually do like it... at least those who are secure enough to actually say I enjoy this game despite the fanservice. tongue

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-07-16 10:21:08

don't seem like its in stereo which will be a big problem, but the fast fighting has my interest.....when I have 20bucks to throw away, i'll give it a download

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-07-16 14:59:38 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-07-16 15:03:38)

No no, stereo it is... I'm pretty sure at least. Not sure where that came from, haha listen to the actual gameplay again, it does pan.
What I do like though is that music...

2018-07-16 16:47:05

Apologies for the double post, lol but first impressions, I just picked this up about an hour ago. Here's what I found from google as well as some self experimentation.
It's a slightly anime fighter-like setup with lights, mediums, heavies and a special button that acts as a throw/assist call/super button.
Combos are more similar to Street Fighter in the way that you don't quite chain normals, but link separate buttons.
EX specials are a thing as well, as are special assist characters that you call out with 1 bar of meter, which is called the tactics bar and has 4 stocks. The only one I tried so far had a stunning chain grab type thing, at least that's what it sounded like.
There are two types of super moves, however. The second I will talk about in a sec. But the first type costs 3 stocks of the tactics bar, and is done with a QCF, HCB+S, typical super.
Pressing forward+medium/heavy results in a heavy attack that sends your opponent flying upward stunned, referred to as a hougeki combo. Mechanically similar to SFV's crush counter, sort of. From there you can either send them up even further, do a wallbounce, a ground slam, or use some combination of the 3 plus your own attacks for some pretty heavy damage. In this state is also an ultimate attack done with QCF+MH, that costs a full tactics bar but results in something pretty stylish and probably does a ton of damage.
Online play is a thing, but unsure how it works. I think I will be keeping this one though, seems like fun.
Will update if people are interested with more info as we go.