2018-07-20 13:23:43

I remember that series, and the reboot attempt, as I recall, neither lasted very long.

2018-07-20 16:55:09

@SLJ, #123: Didn't the original thread Cloverbit posted here, hyping the game, refer to it as an RPG in the thread title? Now I'm second guessing myself. I remember it being discussed as an RPG but it's possible that language only ever came from players, and not from the devs.

2018-07-20 19:41:00

The original thread, after some searching, refers to it as an adventure game which, from what I'm hearing, is still slightly misleading... it doesn't feel very adventurous with only one weapon and no way to explore.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-07-20 20:05:44

But, in terms of genre, it's far more accurate than calling it an RPG. My apologies for suggesting that the developers misrepresented it. I know it was referred to as an RPG at some point, but that must have come from community members, not directly from the developers.

2018-07-20 21:32:21

@Joseph: Dude, the game is still under an RPG category in the appstore which is totally wrong as the game is not a RPG title which is telling me they tried to use totally wrong marketing to get cash. Maybe I am wrong but this is what I feels like.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-07-20 22:09:35

Yeah, the Papa Sangre games, linear as they were, had a lot more fun to them. There was actually reason why one might want to come back and replay them. I'm particularly speaking of Papa Sangre 2 which had little achievements you could unlock. I never did beat that one because I got trapped in the burning house where you had to use the fire extinguisher to put out the flames. Unfortunately there's essentially no reason to return to Echoes from Levia once you've beaten it, so I ended up asking for and receiving a refund. I don't like to do that generally but after a few days of playing around with it I have to agree that it doesn't feel much like playing a game. I'm not saying there wasn't potential, because I feel there was, but that said potential didn't get lived up to.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-21 08:04:03

Hi.
Well I don't think I'll be buying this game. I've never seen so many people request refunds for an audiogame.
Going off topic here, what exactly did tycon blu do? A lot of people seem to be upset with them. I bet I can guess, they took a lot of money from people and didn't deliver, is that about right? I probably wasn't here at the time, all I remember about tycon blu is that they released an overpriced game called flarestar that apparently was not very good at all. It's gone from the appstore that's all I know for sure. They do have a youtube channel, that has game previews, but hasn't been updated in ages.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-07-21 08:52:33

well I got my refund as well. game sucks.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-07-21 11:28:27

Hi!
@Cloverbit: I hope you will not judge our community as a whole based on the immature actions and accusations of some. In spite of the game's linearity, I had great fun playing it and I realize how much work went into its production. I am sure you would have been the first to clearly state the game was rather linear if anyone had asked. Instead of placing this in the genres of rpg or adventure game, how about calling it an interactive adventure story with immersive sound design and combat sequences? That would prevent players from judging it by the wrong definitions.
The scarceness of good games for blind players would seem to tempt some to purchase on an impulse, only to realize almost immediately that what they acquired is not to their liking, which in part explains the tendency to ask for refunds. Furthermore, as you may deduce by certain remarks on this thread, we have been severely disappointed and even ripped off by certain individuals and companies, so some residual paranoia lingers on.
Best,
Eternal Gamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2018-07-21 12:07:20

I can't get behind the idea of imersive sound design. We were promissed 3d audio, and didn't get it. That alone would make the stupid marsh levels a lot easier and less frustrating as a whole. Not only that, but the greater majority of all ambiences, music, and dialogue is in mono, which ruins imersion imho. A blind legend was free on ios and only costs 7 euros on steam, and delivers far greater sound quality.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-07-21 13:28:19

On the website for A Blind Legend, we find the following:
The project is co-produced by DOWiNO and France Culture, a Radio France station. It has been partly founded thanks to a crowdfunding campaign on ULULE plateform, among more than 1 000 people. We thank them once again for their support. A Blind Legend received also funding from the Centre National de la Cinématographie, the Rhône-Alpes Regional Council and Humanis-CCAH. It is also receiving assistance from nonprofits/charities such as the Fédération des Aveugles de France and the Association Valentin Haüy.
If anything, this proves that charity matters.
Best,
Eternal Gamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2018-07-21 14:43:57

the swamp puzzle is very easy, just turn around so you are always facing the dirrection where there's no bubble sound and walk a step forward. If you are not sure if the sound comes from behind or in front just keep turning around and you'll figure it out pretty quickly.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-07-21 15:31:18

@EternalGamer

All charity did for ABL was provide funding, those charities didn't design the game, nore did they record sounds, do any voice acting, or write any code. Funding doesn't make the game, the designers and developers do, and it's up to them to at least try to offer something that stands up to their own hype and EFLS doesn't even come close.

If you set the bar low enough, some people will think a turd is a gem.

2018-07-21 15:57:56

@Orko, consider me as an example. I am a software developer. I have no studio equipment for recording sounds, no voice acting experience, no particular talent as an author, and not enough musical creativity to compose a soundtrack. What I can do, so I hope, is write decent code and documentation. Consider me a mathematical paper tiger. I can rip people and arguments to pieces with words and formulae. If I decided to create an audio game, I would either need to rely on funding to produce something outstanding, or invest much of my private funds to at least create something enjoyable. If someone were to raise the bar high enough, anything I might produce would qualify as a turd on their scale. In a world consisting of more than gems and turds, however, it might just have its place. Pebbles and bricks are perfectly useful, too.
Best,
Eternal Gamer

2018-07-21 17:29:46

As for TiconBLue, it's not so much that they took money and didn't deliver, it's more that what they delivered turned out to be unplayable in many cases. The Inquisitor series for instance, while some installments might be playable and completable on, say IOS, the same could not be said of the same installment on Windows. The games were extremely buggy and the developer had a habit of not fixing them or acknowledging that there was a problem. Oh at first he seemed pretty committed, as when I wrote to him regarding trying to make the sign of the cross which would call for divine help in game, but as time passed he seemed to grow less so. Unfortunately all their products, all the ones I've tried at any rate, seemed buggy to the point of unplayability. That said I personally see no real evidence beyond the purely coincidental that would even support the claim that we're dealing with the same company with Echoes.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-21 18:23:28

What I believe sets Ticonblue apart from other developers is that they know their products are buggy to the point of being unusable or unplayable, and their response is that they can't fix the bugs because the development team that made the game in question has been disbanded. Knowing all of this they continue to sell a known defective product to unsuspecting buyers. To my mind it's nothing short of outright misrepresentation and fraud, as well as just plain ripping off people.

But I do agree that, at present there is no evidence that Cloverbit is in any way related to Ticonblue. Innocent until proven guilty.

2018-07-21 18:57:56

Oh well, all this has now got me started replaying A Blind Legend, getting bbq'ed by a demon lady, and wondering how I ever defeated her. Way to go.

2018-07-21 19:32:24

That one took me quite a long time to figure out. The part I never got past was where you have to cut the rope and get on the boat while those guys are shooting at you.

2018-07-21 20:57:15

the only way i could beet that game was on the windows version. i kepped dying on the phone version.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-07-22 01:55:17

Hi everyone,
I am playing through the story and it does kind of remind me of Papa Sangre. Does anyone know what to do in the cave with the barrel and the fire that is burning? Whenever I try to go around the fire, someone tells me to keep away. Thanks.

2018-07-22 03:27:26

I have not played the game, but have played quite a few adventure games over the years. That clue of being told to keep away kind of tells me you need to look for a way to put out the fire.

Just a guess, I could be way off here.

2018-07-22 04:29:29

think you have to sidestep past it and walk forward.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-07-22 10:45:21

Okay guys, look at the similarities. Both companies are Italian. All the games use license codes.‘s all the games were ported to most of those platforms. The games are not being fixed or updated.‘s and a voice actor  Voice to several characters in many of those games. The games are also very expensive. And very buggy.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-07-22 14:12:35 (edited by Orko 2018-07-22 17:38:27)

While that is a lot of coincidences, none of it is the smoking gun that says Cloverbit is Ticonblue. What would help is to get the name of the people behind both companies, not just voice acters that sound alike, and compare them. While still not a certainty of proof, you could also do a whois on both domains to see who owns them.

2018-07-22 17:16:32

hi folks.
I'm actually quite sad today. I'm really really caught in a difficult spot here.
a little short story, then a few observations.
first off, I love audio games, I love supporting developers to see them go further.
So with this in mind, every time something new and long and exciting, gets announced. My self to gets excited.;
I get this way because I see how much expectation is being drummed up. I see how inthusiastic every one gets.
Now to the story;
When a game like this then, finally comes out. we get super cool replies, and reviews.
we get harsh responses, some well deserved, some not.
but all that things helps me, to decide, weather or not to commit, and actually buy the game,
my work life is super busy, and I find my self buying many games, wanting to play them. but due to reasons, I cannot go in to here. it is not possible for me to do.
so the games ends up bought, and ready on my i phone. but never seemingly get the time to play.
A H C was 1 of them, I enjoyed so much, but life got in the way and so, it sits not yet finnished played.
Am I happy I got it, hell yes. Am I happy with all the good reviews, all the lots and lots of info out there, yep I am.

fast forward to kings of dragon pass, and its sequel of wich name I now forget.
I bought them, they on my phone. and just in cace they vanish, i've got them here, ready to play.
They are liked by alot, and they promiss to give me hours of fun.

now. I end up here today. looking at this game clover bit released.
Was I one of those "fools" who bought flare star? sure was, did i notice the sub par performance? sure did.
Did I even bought rally racing? sure did.
all in the spirit of supporting people I believed, tried to make something for us to play.

but in the spirit, of supporting the devs, it was bought. as pricey as they dam was to me.
and now. finally fast forward to today.
I ask you guys, why do people do this. Why spend time creating games under a different name, why think you can fool the same comunity you serving them to.
Do we have 100 % prufe its not the same team? no! do we know it's them? hell yes we do. and please, I hope we wrong.

I actually went out to listen to Liams streem. It saddened me to see the simplistic nature of the game,
is it the sounds that got to me?  no, sound is not what defines a nice game, or makes or breaks a game in my eyes.
what makes or breaks a game in my eyes. is how its served.
We are once more served with this simplistic design as if catering for a child.
The game these guys just bought out, has huge potential, and so, instead of dooing research, listening to there own game, playing it, then getting outsiders to test.
Even delay it longer, if need be, polish it up.
they release this, knowing it perhaps is not fully ready for prime time.
I firmly believe, that they new this, they also know what potential they wish to have from this game.
I don't believe they would have started out to create this game, with the intention of ill intent, not finnish it off, not to release it the way it is now.
Perhaps time was against them, perhaps there was other reasons.
But i do digress.
I simply cannot justify my self buying this game this time around. As much as I'd want to. the price tag is to high, the replayability is not present.
Sorry cloverbit
you need to go back to drawing board on this one.

There's a place for me in this universe.