We are excited to announce that A Hero's Call version 1.3 is now available for download. You can update the game by running the updater.exe in your game folder. Please read on for some highlighted changes; as always, a full change log will be downloaded with the update.
Please note that this update may take longer than previous updates to download; please be sure that you allow the updater to finish running before you attempt to launch the game. If you have any trouble updating, or if you have any questions, please email [email protected] Happy adventuring!
Important Note: If you are using a modified keys.config file, please contact us before updating.
What’s New in AHC1.3:
* Don’t Take It Slow: Performance improvements that should resolve issues some users were having with lag, and should also make the game run a bit snappier on all devices.
* Are You In Or Out: We’ve improved the game’s DRM and login to hopefully resolve some inconsistency users were experiencing—no more getting asked to log in over and over!
* A Hero’s Reward: Players who supported our Kickstarter at level 5 or higher will not have access to a cache of unique items to take their adventures to the next level. Once again, we apologize for how delayed this reward is; hopefully, it will provide some fun despite the wait.
* Lurking in the Dark: A new class of enemies now threatens Farhaven’s mines and catacombs. We had hoped to include Ghouls in the game’s release but weren’t satisfied with the sound design—now we’re satisfied, and a little creeped out by them.
* Laying Down the Audio: In response to user feedback, we have added some auditory cues to the quest “Laying Down the Law” which should make it easier to track quest progress, while also making the quest more immersive. Guarding the road north of Farhaven just got a little easier!
* Update Updates: The game will now alert you upon launching if there is a new version of the game available. This should ensure that as many players as possible are running the latest version, and as an added bonus, you won’t get emails like this for every minor update.
* The Usual Suspects: Version 1.3 also includes added details such as some new map details, two dozen new items, tweaks to enemy AI, and other changes of the sort you can expect in every update, as we seek to make the world of A Hero’s Call as engaging and immersive as possible.
EDIT: If possible, please post general questions or comments on the main AHC thread, and reserve this thread for questions or comments regarding the 1.3 update. This will make it easier for people looking for information in the future to find it efficiently.