2018-10-04 07:06:27

Hello.

I uninstalled python and fanficfare and will be sticking to my program.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-10-04 07:47:16

I might have to do the same if I can't figure it out.

Typing pip install FanFicFare gives me a sintax error.

I'm normally good with following instructions, but when something doesn't work when you follow the directions exactly makes me question whether I'm doing something wrong or there's a step missing.

2018-10-04 12:15:31 (edited by brad 2018-10-06 02:53:11)

Hello.

This is the version of python I used https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2715/

It worked for me, I typed pip install fanficfare (I didn't use any capital letters) then pressed enter.

2018-10-04 13:12:47

What I did was open a command line with cmd, I'm not sure what directory to go to when typing pip install fanficfare, the default is your user profile.

Anyway after typing that it just gives me the following.

pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file, I'm using a 64 bit version of windows so I'm not sure what else I can do.

2018-10-04 14:32:36

This program is really useful.. I wonder if it'll have any changes in the future?

2018-10-04 16:12:09

Hello.

@kool_turk, did you download python from the link in my post? Or download python 2? If you didn't, you'll need to do that and install it, making sure that pip is set to, will be installed on users hard drive.

2018-10-05 06:02:44

I actually downloaded it from ninite, but I'll download it from your link as well because I don't think ninite lets you customise your installs.

I think it only installs the basics.

Anyway I'll give that a try, but I'm not holding out for much hope.

Unless fanficfare gets updated by next year it's going to be useless anyway.

2018-10-05 08:35:56

Well I managed to get it working.

It turns out I just had to add python to the path, good thing the installer has that option or I wouldn't have a clue of what to do.

I'm still farely new to these sorts of things.

I've only used the commandline for really basic stuff.

Speaking of commands, anyone know the correct command to update pip? I can't seem to be able to pull that one off.

Now, @brad, you were using the wrong command, that is why you weren't able to download the story.

fanficfare --format txt url.

Note, replace url with the link to your story and ignore the fullstop at the end.

Hopefully it works for you.

I only tried it with one story so far from fictionhunt.com and it worked.

Out of all the downloaders out there, fanficfare has to be the best because of all the sites it supports.

I believe it's also updated regularly.

2018-10-06 02:52:31

Hello.

@kool_turk thanks but I'll stick to my program.