2018-06-20 16:46:00

Hello,
I get run time error #52 bad file name or number error when I try to run swamp. I tried to use checkup.exe, windows64-bit.bat and registering the files manually from the manual step bu step but the error still persists. I tried to contact aprone but the mail address he has given on his web site apparently does not exist. Please help as I want to play swamp at least in offline mode and I want to see what has changed since I last played 3-4 years ago.
Thanks.

2018-06-20 18:07:30

The download probalby failed. Aprone's site has got some problems for sure, but he has given the BSG blog permission to host the download for the main game, which is the one people have trouble wth, the only suggestion I have for this is to get it from there, the link is

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-20 18:29:47

Hello,
I too have the same issue.
No, the download didn't fail, I got it off the bsg blog thing.
For me anyways.
Okay so Aprone's email is [email protected]
I emailed him regarding this as well.
Make sure to check your spelling on his last name.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-06-20 19:35:56

I know sometimes he gives a custom compiled version to some people because they have weird computers that won't run it, maybe this is that?

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-20 19:40:45

I dunno if my computer is weird but it runs all games except entombed and this. I got the email from aprone's own website. But when I sent the mail using your link I sent it successfully. Thanks for the help #3

2018-06-20 21:14:40

here's the strange thing.
Way on back, before all these fun updates, I used to be able to play swamp just fine.
Now, I can't. So perhaps the changes effected it?
I don't know, I ran everything like it's supposed to, put in the patch, ran the check up as well as the exe as administrator, and nothing happens.
Very annoying. lol

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-06-20 21:55:31

I ran into the same problem. To get it to work, just download the patch found in the Swamp topic. Just browse through the New Releases, and it should be one of the first few topics. The link to the patch is found in the first post. In fact, I'll be nice and just paste it here. the link is: www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampPatch.zip
Once downloaded, unzip, and move the uncompressed stuff into the main Swamp game folder. Just replace already existing files.

2018-06-20 22:39:06

you have to do that anyway or you would not be able to connect online. The game should still run without the patch, but it is an out of date version that the server will not allow to connect.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-21 16:32:53

Right, and I already have the patch.
So that isn't my issue. But when you say replace all existing files with the ones in the patch, does that apply to the exe as well?
Do I delete the exe in my original swamp folder, and put in the one from the patch?

Emily Dickenson

2018-06-21 17:53:15

no, just unzip the patch, go into the patch folder, and copy or cut all the items into the swamp folder, wen you paste it it should say replace or skip existing files or watevs, hit replace. and make sure the checkbox is checked

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-06-21 18:31:05

@9 yes of course, or replace all existing files would not have been said. Extract it there directly, or extract to a temp dir and copy it over if you're not comfortable with extracting it directly. Yeah if you're running the patched resources with the original exe, that's gonna cause problems.

End racism
End division
Become united