2018-06-18 19:57:29

Hi,

I've just created a Windows 7 professional 64-bit virtual machine with VMWare Fusion 10, but when I try to install JAWS, I get the folowing message, after it has configured the system:
One or more shared component is missing. Please reinstall the product in order to resolve the problem.

And it's the Tom voice speaking the message, and it's also on the screen.
I can choose just to proset the installation after pressing OK, but when it is installed, I can still not start JAWS, and I still get this message.

What can I do?

Best regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

2018-06-19 16:27:05

Try redownloading Jaws perhaps something is wrong with the setup file.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-06-19 18:36:24

I've already tried that, but with the same result.

2018-06-19 21:32:47

Is said machine connected to the internet during setup? It will need to be to download some components.

2018-06-19 21:53:55

Yes, it is connected to the internet.

2018-06-19 22:21:48

Try installing the convenient OCR package first, then install JAWS, as if you were doing an offline install.

ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/h … 851ENU.exe

This may not solve anything, I just think it's worth a shot.

2018-06-20 09:23:45

This is the oddest issue by the way. It has happened to me in at least three cases, and there was no particular reason as far as I can think. It's just that in some computers on Windows 7 JAWS instals correctly, and in some others, it doesn't. One suggestion is to update your computer to the latest version of the operating system. So instal the latest updates to Windows 7 and perhaps it might work, but I cannot guarantee it will. I can fairly assume it is JAWS 18, though.

2018-06-20 14:02:22

Their new installer that they started using with version 2018 was supposed to resolve all those problems, yet I've had more issues with it in the half year it's been around than I ever had with the old installer over three years, which is none, the old installer always worked for me, and it allowed me to not install components I didn't want. The new installer has conflicts with other software I have installed, and you are forced to install everything, regardless of whether you want or need them.

2018-06-20 20:57:16

Now, I've tried to updating the system, and installing JAWS 17 insteat of JAWS 18, but with same result. But I've also tried to finish the installation, and when I do that, I get a strange message when the installation is complete. The message is in danish, because my windows is in danish, but I'll try to translate. I can't remember the whole message, but it was something about the program needed a digital signed driver, or something. There was an option called What is a digital signed driver, but I don't think it gave the required information, when I opened it.