2018-06-15 22:06:36

I was visiting  it a while ago and found that many of the links just give me an error
They do not load up and the last post on there was from about 2017
I wanted to know if inclusiveandroid.com has moved or stopped working or something.
Thanks for the help.

2018-06-17 08:32:27

You should use android access.net instead.
I emailed A T guys  about it like a year ago, and  Joe Steinkamp emailed me back saying basically that no one cared enough to update it any more.
I found that very disappointing considering they had some really good podcasts and a highly useful app directory (the only one at the time) and they still talk about Android on the Blind Bargains cast, I don't know why they decided to let it rot but it was an extremely good resource and the least they could do would be to take the damn domain down.
Either way the app directory is super out of date now and like you said you get errors when trying to view pages.
They lost some respect from me for that one, the Android accessibility community is lacking enough as it is, far more so a couple years ago, and they dropped the ball and didn't even care enough to make an announcement.

2018-06-17 09:20:45

It's sad it's not being maintained anymore. I left Android about two and a half years ago, and inclusive Android was one of the few resources to get viable information in regard to Android's accessibility. The page was well structured and it offered you many opportunities; you could post tutorials, podcasts, recommend/review apps, and so on. It was the equivalent of Apple Vis.
But this shows again the lack of seriousness played by those who led the Android community. I've seen a totally arrogant staff whenever I posed a question that was object to their norms. Like if you criticised Talkback developers for not doing this and that, the only response you'd get was OK mate, head to an Apple Store and buy yourself an iPhone, that will solve the problem. After being faced with such responses, I decided that the best course of action was to work out myself all the issues that I faced in my experience with Android. But in true honesty, I could never understand what led many Android users to produce such fanatic reactions when their operating system of choice received negative remarks.

2018-06-17 11:25:24

@defender
even androidaccess.net has allot of errors in it so ya

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.