apparently it was a crashy bitch, or something. I don't know. I gave the dude my runtime meter and he was like nah. Just be glad we have the upload maps facility. Also new beta in the works that will bring a whole new thing to this game. And tons of SBYW map fixes coming.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

Thumbs up

The code for the server is unstable in itself, and despite many attempts it was unfixable.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up

hi,
the game is very good, I have a problem with room9, I don't understand where have to i go?

Thumbs up

keep up the good work any way, even if it is not online any more. the game is still playable and fun

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

Thumbs up

It's sad the server code isn't fixable. Especially when the online version ran great for so long. Well, I'm out of this topic, because it was the online mode I really liked... But it's great that some people are enjoying the offline mode as well.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

Well, I could run the online version as it is, possibly updating a few things here and there, if that's what you guys want.

Thumbs up

do it if you can, that wood be cool

Thumbs up

http://masonasons.me/softs/SBYW.zip

Thumbs up

many of the maps are third class and ridiculous because they don't have any aim. Justlike map tell the story, let go die, map for vij etc. 
in map tell story there is no any point to out from jail? When we try to clime up to save from police, there is a little wall? When we clime up on wall, police also take from there us? I know that my point will be niglated, but no one can stop me to speak truth and right. Fuck that who build this map.

Thumbs up

In 2015 i maded page with myown maps to 2DP, if you interested you can wisitlink pasted below. In this month i redesigned page and changed hosting because old was dead.
It's other repository:
http://2dptd.unaux.com

You must know... Cats are soft!

Thumbs up

Hi,

2D Platformer 5.1.0 has been posted!

New in 5.1.0
Revives map uploader!
Disables custom sound support, I thought I fixed this in 4.0, but nope!
Sends items from custom map menu into the main menu
Removes crappy stupid sonar code. Will code new sonar in the future.
Removes old buggy AI code.
Removes Check For Updates option
improves echo steps code!
Improves map code. May be more responsive.
Adds map packs, the ability to pack multiple maps together to have players play! Note these maps must be linked together in some way via travel points. Thanks x0 for idea and code suggestions!
If health is greater than 2000000000, health is reset to 2000000000.
Improves source and hazard code
You can no longer get killed by a hazard when moving via a door
Fixes a bug where if you travel on a travel point and to a door, it will automatically take the door (Thanks x0)
Changes jump key to space, like in SBYW
Fixes sound source menu from earlier beta (Thanks x0)
Enabling first letter navigation in all menus (Thanks x0)
Fixes zones not clearing. Whoops. (Thanks x0)
Fixes password item in the map details menu (Thanks x0)
Adds travelpoints move to the propper X and Y in SBYW maps, also adding this to the builder.
Adds some missing surfaces
In the SBYW converter, When a travel point is directed to main.map, an event is now placed to win the map.
Redirects sound source menu to the new ambience menu
Moves the authorization stuff for twitter into the tweet options menu
Removes a Yeah debug which would pop up when spawning hazards in SBYW maps then converting them
Adds an event type to remove a platform.
Remove menu has been updated to only show things that can be removed.
Fixes remove menu

Thumbs up

I'm happy to see that game, since I am more the single Player fan than the Multi Player one. But, if possible, it would be good if all maps, even the actual ones, could be hosted at one place. Or maybe a map downloader in the game itself could be made? That would be a cool Thing as well. So as far as I understand it, there are already enemies wich are Computer controlled in the maps? For the offline Version, maybe a cool Addition would be to have allies wich could help and assist in battle. Just a Suggestion.

Thumbs up

... The game already has the maps uploader/downloading functionality.

Thumbs up

ah, so no extra repository is needed? That's good. Okay, then there's only the Suggestion with allies. But AI controlled enemies are already in the maps, right? I never played SByW, that's why I ask. But i'll give this offline game deffenately a look, sounds great.

Thumbs up

Nope, and there probably won't be in this game.

Thumbs up

Do you mean the allies or the enemies with your answer?

Thumbs up

Both.

Thumbs up

Hello.
Mason, thanks for the update, but the sound source remove feature is still not working.
If you add a sound source in to your map, there is no way to remove it. there is a remove sound source option in the game, but it doesn't work.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

Thumbs up

that's because when you hit somethig to remove, it goes to the option above. So if you were to hit go back in the remove menu, it would ask you to remove the thing before go back.

signature below, updated frequently
Why play golf in your kitchen when there's always golf courses. Lol I needa quit joking.

Thumbs up

Why you removed autoupdater and sonar? Playing with no sonar are harder.

You must know... Cats are soft!

Thumbs up

hi.
2 bugs encountered:
1. When creating a rope, you can't jump from one rope to another as you could in previous versions. Also it's getting freaking hard to distinguish zones inbetween the deletion thing. May we be available to choose from a list of created zones in order to delete them?
For example: 1. Zone from0 (x) to 1000 (y) to 100 (x) or something like that?
2. When choosing quick map, the main menu music keeps playing instead of getting faded and stopped.
BTW it still rocks, keep up the good work. One question, I didn't tested this well. Do the ropes menu work as previous, with ropes for us to chose what to delete and what not?

Thumbs up

Hello.
I did what you said, but no luck.
I' ve created a map by selecting quick build, then add a sound source, from x4 to x10 and from y0 to y2.

then I pressed V and select sound source to remove, but it exits the dialog instead.
I tried pressing enter on go back as you guided me, , and nothing happened also.

audiogame wrote:

that's because when you hit somethig to remove, it goes to the option above. So if you were to hit go back in the remove menu, it would ask you to remove the thing before go back.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

Thumbs up

Hello.
It seems that only remove sound source doesn't work in the game. I have tested remove other things, like stayrs, platforms and signs and they all were successful. only removing sound source doesn't work unfortunately.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

Thumbs up

So what I could read from the changelog, it sounds like x0 also know as Colton basicly coded the entire 5.1.0 update.
I find that funny...

I'm me. Just me. No one else. Only meeee!

Thumbs up

I agree, theoretically he was kicked from the project. But lets see what new things appear in the horizon, i guess...

Thumbs up