2018-06-10 15:42:20

Hello,

I have heard the criticisms of Erannorth and am perfectly fine with them as I see their merits. However, I like the game and have been playing it a lot.  and really have been enjoying myself. I love the customization and bredth of things you can do. What I don't like is there is one thing that keeps me from doing everything by myself on my own.

Arranging tactics and  spells is a key part of combat, and while I can build up a line of them with ease, for some reason the purple book they talk about that allows you to clear them away isn't showing up to my screenreader (which is JAWS 15) although everything else in the game is working great! It isn't an unlabeled button or anything, it literally is if I go down the page one item at a time  there is nothing that shows up and thus I need a sighted person to clear out my tactics and spell queue for me. I can get them to do it easily and they are very helpful, but I'd rather be able to do it on my own. I know other blind gamers have been able to use this options without help so I was wondering if you guys had any ideas?

Thanks.

2018-06-11 03:20:52

Is it still there? The game i mean.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-06-11 04:00:23

if you had a character  on there before early May, you will be forced to restart and reincarnate, but the game is still up and running.

I may have solved my own problem though. I'll have to check something out. I was teaching a sighted friend of mine how to play it today remotely over chat and I think they revealed something to me I didn't realize and you might handle skills and actions in a different way than I was thinking.

2018-06-11 08:53:22

Hi,
Could you please give a link to the game? I searched it on Google but didn't find it. Could you shortly  explain what the game is about?
Greetings and thanks,
Ciri, The Witcher.

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2018-06-11 13:07:38

the url is

erannorth.com

it is subtitled "Unfinished Tales" if you are searching it.

2018-06-11 14:32:22

Hi,
Thanks for the URL, the game Looks quite cool, I think I'm gonna start playing when I am back from School. Which web browser do you use for the game? I use jaws 15 too. but I'm quite uncertain if I should use Firefox or IE.
Greetings and thanks,
Ciri, The Witcher

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2018-06-11 15:02:21

Do you mean the button that allows you to remove all the actions at once? Just go to your book of actions. Near the bottom of the page, there's the list of your slots and what you have in them. For example: Warcry (Slot: 1). Press enter on one of them and go up until you find the button labeled (q) empty. I'm using NVDA with Firefox here, so it's possible that it doesn't work the same for you, I'll check with Jaws later.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2018-06-11 15:08:57

The game doesn't really work in ie from what I've seen, I use  chrome, in fact, Erannorth is really the only thing I use Chrome for. But for some reason firefox even before the upgrade that made it screenreader  unfriendly (yes I know about the special version) was kind of crappy for me anyway.

Erannorth can be pretty grindy but you can do almost anything you can imagine in a fantasy world and there are significant updates almost every couple of days.

2018-06-11 17:17:40

I really need to try the game out myself and see what can be done, the principle sounded really interesting and I gather a lot of access work has happened on the game, and I do love interactive stories etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-11 17:30:10

actually the recent update (yesterday) specifically mentions trying to make screenreader use easier.

Also in terms of what I created this thread because I was having trouble with. Solved the problem. Most of the time things are so easy you can just use the PC cursor and do everything, but to click on stuff in your actions queue to get  them out and remake your lineup, you have to use the JAWS cursor. other than that the game is really easy, though I haven't tried traveling between towns yet so that part I do not yet know.