2018-06-03 16:53:01

Hey.
Could anyone give me the download link for A Hero's Call? I bought it a while ago, but seem to have misplaced the download link and now have a new PC. Digging through blindgamers.net didn't help, I couldn't seem to find it.
Thanks!

2018-06-03 17:06:29 (edited by Orko 2018-06-03 17:10:48)

Please understand that I am not saying that you didn't buy the game, but I doubt that anyone will simply give you a download link because they have no way of knowing whether you actually paid for the game or not. That said, I'd recommend contacting the developers, if you did buy the game, they should be able to provide you with a new link or reconnect you to your original one.

hth

2018-06-03 17:39:02

Even if they didn't buy the game, theoretically they shouldn't be able to do much with it, as it has to be unlocked before it will allow play.
That being said I don't have the download link, but you should be able to get a copy by following this link and getting them to send another welcome email.
https://blindgamers.com/AHC/SendWelcomeEmail

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-06-03 17:48:51

Thanks! That link was exactly what I needed.
Also, yeah, A Hero's Call's unlock system works through entering a username and password, so giving out the link doesn't make it easier to crack or anything.

2018-06-03 19:22:51

Ah! I haven't played it in a while and had forgotten that. Especially since there never was a trial version, you had to buy it pretty much sight unseen.

2018-06-03 20:39:04 (edited by Lucas1 2018-06-03 20:42:06)

Hi,
There are of course ways to crack it just having a copy of the game and not a registration key which is why I expect they didn't just put a download link on their site, however I have no need of them since I bought the game. I also don't know of anyone who has actually got them working, but I can think of a way it could be done.

2018-06-03 22:30:52

I figure if someone is determined enough to crack the game, a pesky problem like not having the download link isn't going to stop them for long.
Either way, the welcome Email resender worked, and now I'm set.

2018-06-04 13:48:52

Oh no I hate when some one is talkingabout cracking games if these games arent abandoned.
I know from my experience, that a heroes call is the best turn based rpg in this poor audiogames market. I see how many work are made by outofsight games to make this game as amazing as it is, so please stop speaking here about fucking cracks, because joseph from outofsight games is logged in this forum as well. Do not forget about this.
I am sure that it isnt so nice to him reading these kind of messages or posts so please stop this inmediatelly and go purchasing this game.

2018-06-04 14:52:39

I only hope he'll still be able to update the game from time to time.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-06-04 15:07:59

From what I've heard about happenings at Out of Sight Games, I'm not holding my breath for any updates, but I agree, updates and or new games from them would be great.

2018-06-04 15:09:19

@2 when you download the game, it asks you for a password     and username so what you say is that he want's the game for free, but  even if he get's it,  he can't  play with out  a username. 

i'll upload the game and give you a link.

2018-06-04 17:15:01

Propably aheroes call v 1.3 should be soon. I have noticed that from their twitter but somethink is not ready yet

2018-06-04 17:43:39

If Ian's gone who's working on the game?

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-06-04 18:18:51

@mojsior, even though none of us likes discussing cracks on this forum (I hope), we must always acknowledge the fact that it is possible. When it comes to computers, and software in particular, nothing is impossible with the right tools, skills and mindset. That same concept could, really, be applied to anything technological.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-06-04 19:30:01

Unfortunately only too true. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I've never been tempted to use cracked software or try cracking it myself, even if the program is on the spendy side, but when it's come right down to it I could never bring myself to actually do it. I just wouldn't feel right about doing that.

2018-06-04 20:06:26

Not to mention that it's not safe, key generators, patchers (programs that apply cracks to programs), and cracked programs, are the most common ways that viruses are deployed these days.

2018-06-04 20:32:21

That's true too.

2018-06-04 23:06:27

@16, and the major reason? Its because when people (particularly blind people, who, no offense intended to anyone on here, are primarily known for cracking software) find these, they just use the cracks and never consider the possible consequences. Oh, I know, sited people crack software too, no doubt about it. But from what I've seen, blind people tend to do that kind of thing a lot more than any sited person would, either because they feel entitled to that game, even though they really aren't, they feel the game should be free because it doesn't meet their over-ultra-high standards, or because they can't buy it in their country. (I've always found the reason that you're in another country so you cant buy it and therefore must crack it a bit shady, but nevertheless I'll always acknowledge that in any part of the world there's always something you can't do, somewhere, sometime.) I hope I've offended no one by what I've written in this post (some of it is technically firewood waiting for the spark to fall). smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-06-04 23:53:33

Hi,
As someone else said, I was simply saying it was possible, not that it should be done or how to do it. I am aware that Joseph is on the forum, but I'd hope he wouldn't get offended at my pointing out of a fact.

2018-06-05 00:44:08

@19, I know. smile

My Github

2018-06-05 00:49:22

I am a bit disappointed that the main dev of this company left before graphics were added.
I am totally blind myself, but it just seems a bit scummy to me that the game has been released, but one of the main things promised on the kickstarted has not come to pass. Nor have kickstarter backers received their rewards as far as I know, but that's an entirely different discussion.
This all being said, I of course do not know the circumstances behind this, and I'm positive there are other reasons for what happened. Sighted people obviously have better games around than this anyways, but...

2018-06-05 01:13:47

What happened with Out of Sight's primary developer is just one more reason why I don't buy into things like kick starter campaigns or preorders. While I might miss out on some bonus items offered to campaign contributors, I don't lose any money over broken promises either. And I've seen too many promises go off the tracks and never find their way back on them again, so I prefer to hold on to my money until there is a real product, ready to be delivered.

2018-06-05 01:34:44

@matt1211, graphics are incredibly hard to code; I myself especially know, and Aprone and others who have tried integrating graphics into their games definitely know. Positioning and other details (i.e. X/Y coordinates, rectangular surfaces, etc) make it quite difficult. Even with Pygame, which makes graphics relatively easy, is still difficult to implement. Right now I'm suffering the difficulty of overlapping words and drawing thins on top of each other (I do have some sited assistance, luckily). big_smile

My Github

2018-06-05 02:30:13

Oh I'm not saying they're not difficult to code. It's just disappointing that the main dev decided to leave before they were completed, as this was something promised to the consumers.

2018-06-05 15:06:03

To e fair, Joseph didn't really set a time table for either the graphics or the Kickstarter rewards.