2018-06-02 03:40:32

as the title says, another beat em up similar to double dragon, final fight, street of rage, is coming to the ps4, and xbox next week. based on the popular basketball superstar shaquille o neal. the audio sounds amazing, it from the sound of it it seems playable. now how playable is another story. the game is 30bucks so I am going to pick it up next week, and come back here with a audio recording of the game and my thoughts if you all are interested. for now here is 13minutes of game play. skip to the 3minute mark to skip the cut scene story if you wish

https://youtu.be/cwSjwzJbFnY

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-06-02 13:30:44

Hi.
Wow it sounds amazing. I'm following this with huge interest, and I look very much forward to hear if you find it playable or not.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-02 14:05:38

Hi,
Oh my gosh this sounds like so much fun, looking forward to this.

2018-06-02 15:03:30

Man this looks so crindgily worth it. Can't wait to see how accessible upgrading skills/styles are.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-06-02 17:42:03

I have the Shaq Fu game that was release for the snes.
It is a fighting game.
The new Shaq Fu game is suppose to be a sequel to the one that I have.
It is suppose to take place a few years later.

2018-06-02 23:56:26

WRONG INFO:
The game will be out on PS4/XONE/STEAM.
And yeah, I am definitely waiting for this.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-06-03 01:28:01

anyways the game is not only for the PS4, Xbox one and steam, however the game is also available for the switch as well

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-06-03 10:21:57

I only wonder how upgrades and itgems will work and if that and other navigational issues might crop up.  Other than that, it looks interesting and meta in a way that I can actually get behind.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-06-03 18:20:05

new info, I was mistaken, this is not a side scrolling beat em up like double dragon, this is a 3d game, where you have access to walk anywhere on the map. this is a bit of a bummer, but I am still going to pick up the game next week and inform all of you how playable this is. im not giving up hope

2018-06-03 20:26:59

interesting. let us know what you've discovered when you've picked it up.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2018-06-03 23:55:09

Hi,
Oh yikes, that is a bit of a bummer if it turns out it'll be 3d. Thing is, I've also heard from a few different sites that it's a side scroller as well, so I am a little confused.

2018-06-04 03:12:08

Could always try contacting the devs, the worst they'll say is nothing.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-06-04 05:40:44

Likely side scroller with vertical movement similar to old capcom style games and knights of valour. Up and down moves you between different vertical areas, visualize like different lines on the screen.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-06-04 12:52:07

Here's another video, this one of the entire first stage including the first boss fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES5VVHFDqA8
I've looked at a couple different sites and all of them mention side scrolling.
I'll also be curious to hear how playable it is. It is  coming out on all current platforms for $30.

2018-06-05 00:42:55

slight update guys, I wont be getting the game on launch, something as came up money wise, but I will be getting it in the coming weeks, so just hold out for a few

2018-06-05 10:18:36

Hi all,
Just a quick post letting you know that I got the game, and it seems to be a side scroller, maybe 2.5d. I am impressed. Will let you know about more findings later today.

2018-06-05 11:33:10

awesome one, aaron. it would be cool if you can make an audio demo of the game in action

2018-06-05 14:19:18

I'm follow this with huge interest.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-05 19:59:16

Hi all,
I unfortunately do not currently have the setup to make an audio demo, however, I can definitely post some findings here, which I've done below.
I am currently still on the first stage, but I have beaten the miniboss. Needless to say stereo does help, however there are times like in a lot of beat-em-ups where you are going to be swarmed and such. I am still trying to figure out what some things do. For instance, I don't currently understand what lb and rb are properly used for (that's r1 and l1 for ps4 users).
I'm currently stuck on a section with a guy who seems to be able to fire out rockets/missiles that knock you back, and aren't really too sure if I'm supposed to jump attack or if I can hit him or if there's an easier way. Also, that miniboss was a little tricky I don't really know what happened but I was able to beat him even though it took a while.

2018-06-06 04:07:15

Hi.
Well, I have to be honest here, if the nintendo switch, which also gets a release of the game continues to get that much support and more games, this will be a gaming system I am bound to pick up, I am still hoping for a mortal kombat or street fighter there xD.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-06-06 09:53:04

@20
There's already 2 Street Fighter games on Switch, or rather 13, as both the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers are both on the system.  Admittedly, to have something like the next Mortal Kombat on there would be interesting and, given that the system has Doom and Wolfenstein available for it, I think the previously family friendly record of Nintendo has been somewhat abandoned in favour of making the game appeal to a larger audience, but that's just speculation on my part.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-06-06 17:04:46

anyone knows what are the keyboard controls?

2018-06-06 19:23:39

I guess I recommend you to play the game with a controller

2018-06-06 20:24:55

Hi,
I have the xbox One version currently. Unfortunately I'm not sure of the keyboard controls for the pc version, because unlike Way of the Passive Fist, for instance, there doesn't seem to be a manual or help section on the website. In fact, all the website has are the links to the digital versions and some screenshots.
I'm sorry I can't currently be of more help.
I have a question regarding an audio demo, it's half on and half off topic. Does anyone know if an Olympus audio recorder can be used in my tv? My tv has a headphone jack and I have a 3.5 to 3.5 cable, and because I play the game with my AG9 headset that interfaces directly with the xbox anyway, it might be an option. But I have forgotten how to switch from the internal mic to the external source with the Olympus, it's been a while.

2018-06-06 21:36:23

ok, I found out these:
a, for attack
space for skip dialog and jump
arrows to walk.
enter to confirm.
is there something that I missing? base on the controler?