2018-05-30 00:48:26

Something else I don’t like is the thing about how men shouldn’t hit women. A woman can hit a man, that’s totally fine. But if a man hits a woman?

2018-05-30 01:24:31

I would like to know why most of the visitors to this site are males? I would like to know what the girls in the blind world are doing that we aren't?

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-05-30 01:47:45

@27 wooooooo Time out!
I've seen girls on here and girls in the gaming world who are blind, but this is a topic that has to some degree been covered elsewhere.  To be brief and make the point I wish to make, this has nothing to do with girls not wanting to be gamers, but a bit of wo things: a, boys telling them they can't be and, B, marketing firms doing the same.  This is the kind of thing where things become a matter of subjective argument because of the content available.  Many marketing firms believe males only want shoot-em-up/beat-em-up style games, where as girls wana shop til they drop and eat chocolates and ice cream and watch beauty contests and soaps and television dramas.  The long and short of it is that there's no case by case basis and everything is done as an overgeneralization to try and make millions rather than satisfying people as a whole and meeting all of humanity's needs.  You'll never make it happen.
@26, not ok for either side to employ violence; it solves nothing.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-05-30 01:58:03

Hi,
Jjust look at mansplaining as an example of stupid female supremacy. Originally it was supposed to be for if a guy explained something to a woman in a way which conveyed that the man was looking down on the woman for being a woman and not getting the thing they were explaining or something, but now it's used by female supremacists as a way to shut down any guy disagreeing with them.
I also agree with the thing about a woman being able to hit a man. If women believe they are weaker than men, then why do they want to be equal to them? And if not, wouldn't they say they could take a punch just as well as any man?
Note my use of female supremacy, instead of feminism. I think the feminists are the women who want to be equal to men. Female supremacy, much like white supremacy, is when women want to be treated better than men. I do not agree with any type of supremacy. Unfortunately however, we will probably never be truely equal. Just as some white people still treat black people with disrespect, as well as the other way around, some women will always treat men with disrespect, and the other way around also.

2018-05-30 03:37:26

I've thought about it, why can't I hit a woman if a woman can hit me, its not something I've said before, its not like I want to do that, but still. Equal right, or is it the pattern I've seen elsewhere, they can't get along with equality alone, they need more, more everything, more power, more respect, but respect is earned, its not bestowed because you demand it, screaming loudly.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-30 04:13:00

yeah, precisely what 30 said; respect is earned through industrious and long suffered, patiently tempered humility.  You don't go up on the rooftops with protest signs and organize riots out on the streets while advocating the use of physical aggression when people don't agree with you and law enforcement is telling you to knock it off.  You don't get it by being rude, petty, ignorant, blissfully unaware and descending to knee jerk reactions just to try and prove your point.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-05-30 16:31:36 (edited by Orko 2018-05-30 16:32:28)

You all have it backwards, at least in my opinion you do.

Until you prove to me you don't deserve it, everyone, no matter who they are, deserves to be respected.

What has to be earned is power and privilege, and you earn it by showing me that you won't abuse it.

2018-05-30 18:25:34

@Orko,
I think you're thinking of kindness, sir.  if that is the case, then I do agree.  Commanding respect is an entirely different thing altogether.  While we're taught the basics as children such as keeping our hands to ourselves and not invading someone else's space or privacy, the kind of respect posts 30 and 31 refer to is the kind you show someone who has, through trial and error, through industrious and generous actions and always managing to go above and beyond the call of duty, earned it.  Regardless, you'll find that respect is going to be defined for the most part on a personal level and through individual experience, which is why we say that respect is not to be demanded, but rather earned. Kindness can be given even when respect is lost as a sign of your good character, even if their's does not exist.

2018-05-30 18:39:35

Good one, Nocturnus. That kind of respect is incredibly hard to earn and takes years and years. smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-30 19:03:33

I would call the basic level of politeness just sort of showing a certain amount of respect for your fellow man, and by man I mean like human as in mankind. You sort of give everyone that kind of respect, its basically not being a dick, respecting their privacy, personal space as said in post 33. That sort of respect I will give anyone unless and until they show me they don't even deserve that level of it. I don't go around automatically having respect for people just by default though. That kind of thing is earned, and if you respect someone, you can usually list off a number of reasons why you respect them. Like, I have two grandma's, in a sort of familial way, I respect them both, but one I respect more than the other. Why, because the one sort of raised her kids, babysat for a while, and never did much else, not only that, but she's judgy, thinks there's only one way to do something, narrow minded, and a bit selfish. The other one, she's kind, likes everyone, is a devout Christian, is involved in her family, travels, does things for other people and so forth. And with me being atheist, we talk about religion sometimes, but she doesn't judge me for my viewpoints, and we try to sort of find a common ground. She spoke at a church one time, I never knew about it until I found a recording of it and the recording was from 2015. She spoke openly about stuff I never even knew about, some real shit she's been through, and that made me respect her even more.

Familial respect too like that obligatory respect, OK, like maybe you have someone in your family who no one really likes, or they're a bit eccentric, you love them because they're family, and you have that sort of level of respect, but you kind of just tolerate them for the brief periods of time you visit with them. That's this familial respect, and I do love both my grandmothers despite the fact I have more respect for one over the other. It's not like I go around telling people yeah I got a shitty grandma and a good one, and that's even hard to write, because I don't feel like that. I get frustrated with the one, because I'm more of a sort of problem solver, more than one ways to go about something, I don't judge others (usually) I'm a private person so I respect other people's privacy. I don't look out the windows and watch people, lol. I also give zero fucks what most people think of me. I would have no problem doing shit that people don't approve of in front of them, and I do. I don't like hypocritical judging either. Like one time we were standing there and this guy was outside, and he was on this stool thing, I couldn't see it, she was describing it to me. So she thought maybe he was disabled, couldn't walk etc. Then she made this remark like oh he's lighting up a cigarette, and then like well he can't walk but he sure can smoke. And I'm like thinking, what? She smoked for a long ass time, from teen years to maybe 10 or so years ago she quit with my mom. So just because she doesn't smoke anymore doesn't give her the right to be one of those holier than thou people who bitch about it, like don't forget your past, don't forget where you came from.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-30 19:42:16

No, it is not just being nice to people.

I agree that the kind of respect that has to be earned is the kind of respect that their followers might show a leader.

But nobody deserves to be disrespected by anyone. Everyone deserves to be treated as a human being, not like some piece of dirt.

And on the topic of hitting, violence never solves anything, nobody has the right to do anything to anybody else regardless of the reasons or circumstances.

2018-05-30 20:20:10

I disagree about that, actually all of it to be honest. If someone acts like scum, I treat them like scum. About violence, while I will not be the initiator, if someone is violent with me, I will be violent back, I will fight. It is the one thing from the bible I sort of live by. I will not start out by being a dick, but I will be a dick if you're a dick to me. An eye for an eye. I will not waste time and effort being nice to a dunderhead. If you act like that, you get no respect from me, plain and simple.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-30 20:58:02

All I can say to that is that an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

And, if you treat someone like scum because they treated you like scum, all you are doing is lowering yourself to their level, it doesn't make you any better than them.

And while we are quoting the Bible, didn't Jesus say that if someone slaps you, show them the other cheek?

If someone doesn't show that they deserve my respect, I'm not going to make matters worse by disrespecting them. Instead, I'll just ignore them and find somewhere else to be.

If someone hits me, again, I'm not going to make matters worse by hitting them back. Instead I will get out of their reach so they can't hit me again, and again I'd find somewhere else to be.

I'm certainly not going to lower myself to their level by aping their bad behavior. It would accomplish nothing and more than likely just make matters worse for all concerned.

2018-05-31 02:06:32

When I mentioned the hitting thing, I was mainly referring to the fact that of corse hitting a guy isn’t cool and could of corse get you into a lot of trouble, hitting a woman is frowned  upon in a hole other way. Not only will your reputation probably be fucked, but you could also get charged with other things like   Assault.
@ironcross, completely agree with you. No way am I gunna lay down and let someone punch me if I can help it.

2018-05-31 03:00:47

Self defense is one thing; attacking out of anger or provocation is another.  I might, say, for instance, attack if you attempt to hurt my wife or children.  I won't attack because you're standing around, calling me an idiot and other things and then you finally decide you're going to throw a punch at me because you can't get a reaction out of me.
So I'm more or less in agreement with 36 and 38, but still contend that kindness/politeness and respect are completely different.  Kindness and politeness come out of courtesy; respect comes from conditions and expectation.  To prove my point, I humbly submit that you can be respectful while saying no.  that's not necessarily the nice thing to do, and whoever you say no to may not like it, but it shows that you respect them enough as a person that you would be honest and sincere with them.